Register To Comment
Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Good suggestion Mart. I just tried it out but unfortunately it distorts the connector due to the amount of pressure needed to keep it in place and, as a result, the removable link doesn't fit in. I just went with using hot glue and it's done the job. The glue sticks I'm using just now are quite clear so it doesn't look as bad as I was expecting.

EDIT: You posted at the exact same time as me Calum :P
    with your axe robot i've gotta say thou i kinda agree with dave with what he says dont just rush it for the sake of rushing it so you get it finished
    I'm not rushing the axe robot; it needs to wait anyway until I get funds as I have almost nothing for it. Dave was referring to me getting the current Drumroll chassis running again and adding a Speed 900, rather than just waiting and making it out ali or something when I can afford to. But I've currently got everything in it running and just need to add the Speed 900 and I'll have a fully working robot. I don't know when the next full combat comp is going to be, so at least if Robo Challenge suddenly announce they're hosting the champs next week, I'd have something ready to run rather than miss out. I could enter a non-spinner but a) I don't have any at this moment and b) I couldn't bring myself to enter a non-spinner in a spinner-capable comp

Thanks for the reply Jamie, also what armour are you gonna use on Grond, possibly HDPE?

Haven't thought that far ahead yet to be honest. Probably HDPE of varying thicknesses since it's cheap and easy to work with, but perhaps with some Hardox in the front scoop region since that will be the area making most contact with other robots.

It did cross my mind to maybe try that way, but by that point my hot glue gun was already on and I just opted for that method. Will keep the indented bolt idea in mind though if the next one I make is a bit loose

Competition Time!!

I don€™t consciously keep an eye on my post count but I realised the other day that I was approaching the 2000 mark. I was on here for four years before reaching 1000 posts and it has taken just over half that time to double the number. In other words, I talk too much!

My 1000th post was the start of this build thread so for my 2000th post, I€™m going to run a little competition.

Up for grabs is a Futaba Attack 2ER 2-channel radio control system running on 27MHz. The contents include: the transmitter (tx), receiver (rx), two Acoms servos, three sets of crystals (blue, red and orange) and eight AA batteries for the transmitter. There is no battery pack for the receiver so to use this system you would have to buy your own, or buy a cheap battery harness from Maplin or your local model shop and use some AA batteries.

I€™ve been trying to sell this a few times over the past year or so without luck, so if I can€™t get rid of it by giving it away for free, I fear it€™ll be stuck on the top of my wardrobe forever!

Rules
    Entry is FREE!! If you win, postage is FREE!!
    The competition will run until 23:59 on Friday 4th February.
    All correct entries received before this time will be put into a hat.
    If you submit an entry after this time, your answer will not be counted but you may still be charged
    Entry limited to one per person.
    A name shall be drawn out the hat at random on Saturday 5th February to determine the winner. I will then be in contact to arrange delivery of the prize.
    The draw will be filmed and uploaded to the RogueTwo Robots Youtube channel.

To take part, all you have to do is correctly answer the main question. This will give you one entry in the competition. There is also a harder bonus question; if you answer this correctly, you will gain an extra THREE entries into the competition. This means that your name will be on a maximum of four separate slips inside the hat, thus increasing your chances of winning!

So to business. Here is the main question:
    Before it changed hands in summer last year and was re-christened as Boner, Drumroll had competed in five full-combat championships. It had varied success, but what was the highest position it achieved during this time?

And for three bonus entries:
    RogueTwo Robots, competing under its previous name of Team Terminal Damage, competed in the 2006 UK Robotic Games. We entered two robots into the RC (3kg) Sumo event; one was called Minimal Damage, but what was the name of the other one?

To submit your entry, please send an email to rogue-two-robots@live.co.uk with your name and your answer(s), and €˜Competition Entry€™ as the subject.
    Answers posted in this thread will not be accepted.
    Answers submitted by Private Message on this forum will also not be accepted.

Unfortunately, because of the free nature of the competition, I cannot post the prize overseas due to increased postage costs. Therefore I will only be accepting entries from the UK.

Good luck!!

thanks for reminding me, i'll try to send my entry tonight

Just a reminder for anyone who still wishes to enter, the closing date is tomorrow night at 11:59pm.

And the competition is closed! The winner shall be announced tomorrow, although plans to film the draw and post it on Youtube have been shelved due to me starting a new job and being uber-busy this weekend

Register To Comment