Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removable Link...

a removable link is a bit of wire which can be completely removed from the robot in order to stop any power going to anything

i beliee you can use anything as long as it can do this and it is safe to get too

yeh you can 2 links just make sure they are next to each other and you have 2 power lights as there are 2 separate sources of power

Would the BattleRatz removable 'fuse' link be ok for a feather?

i would stick to wire for feathers it's much easier plus a fuse will go if the amps are higher than the rating on the fuse

by all means put a fuse in the line of the link but it can be much easier to pull the link via the wire

Ok then. Would I need to make the link or can I buy it at a place like Technobots?

It's dead easy to make one. Just buy 2 standard Anderson connector from Technobots, install one into the battery side of the circuit as usual, and just make a loop of wire from the positive to negative side of the second, so that when you plug it in it completes the circuit.

with feather weights you don't need the huge andersons used on a heavy, id recommend deans connectors they seem to much less hassle to fit and use i find and give a much better connection

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Pairs-T-Plug-Co ... 4a9cb38fa5

Yeah Deans connectors would be fine, I use them for my links with a bit of cable tie going through the wire loop to make it easier to pull out.

The price for the eBay ones isn't bad as they're made by Deans, but you can get equivalent ones (with little ridges to make them easier to pull apart) for £1 more and you get double the quantity from here:

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/deans-style-u ... 03931.html

You can also use these for quick-to-remove battery plugs

EDIT: Just as an aside, the Deans connectors aren't the easiest in the world to mount, compared to the Anderson connectors that tend to have mounting holes in them. I use some hot glue to glue mine to the chassis and then put a cable tie around it to give some more hold. Seems to work okay. I've seen custom-made mounts for them though, in 360 and Tiberius I think it was. A more secure way of mounting them to the robot

Register To Comment