Register To Comment
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Kilobots - 1.362kg (3 lbs) Combat Robots

Cheers Alex, although it looks a bit shoddy to me but I'm probably just being over-critical.

Haven't tried to lift too much yet Tom. The servo has 20kg/cm torque and can easily right itself so I'd say a couple of kilos at least. Will try lifting a few different things once I've got the new bits for it.

Managed a quick test video of Flatulence today. Took out the crap ESCs and put the Botbitz ones in:

Impressive servo you've got on that!

So in BW spinners alone, we currently have a:

Vertical Disk
    Horizontal Disk
    Horizontal Under Cutting Bar
    FBS
    And a Drum spinner.

Who's making a vertical bar spinner?

I may look into putting a solenoid in a BW. Did some research into trying it out on a FW, but found it wouldn't be very effectve and gave little advantages. Kudos to the Nipper guys for trying though.
    I'm just thinking it'll scale down to BW size better.

Should've had a go at lifting Cicatrix hiding away in the corner there.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27
    Impressive servo you've got on that!

So in BW spinners alone, we currently have a:

Vertical Disk
    Horizontal Disk
    Horizontal Under Cutting Bar
    FBS
    And a Drum spinner.

Who's making a vertical bar spinner?

I may look into putting a solenoid in a BW. Did some research into trying it out on a FW, but found it wouldn't be very effectve and gave little advantages. Kudos to the Nipper guys for trying though.
    I'm just thinking it'll scale down to BW size better.
    We have tested a solenoid in one. Theres plenty of off the shelf ones around and loads on ebay, but servos seem to work better so we went for a servo. Ill try get a couple of solenoid test videos up. Most only have really short stroke so you have to mount them really close to the pivot point so they have to be alot higher powered solenoids than yu would expect as the weight on the tip of the flipper arm could effectively be 4kg+ Also we found they like to have a couple of mm of travel before they have any force on them. so you drop it down ike 2-3mm under the flipper arm so its already moving before it hits the arm. They do work but just not as well as a powerful servo. One could be made pretty good and it would be cool to see one done, Just as something different. What sort of power solenoids have you been looking at?

Can't remember exact figures out off the top of my head, but when I was looking into it for the FWs I could theoretically get the power of a LP (that's normal LP Tom!) system, but at a big weight, size and money cost. Plus like you noted, the stroke was very short and had little power to begin.

Be interested to see how you guys got on with it in a BW though.

Is there an active weapon rule in this class? was debating making a 4wd fbh but unsure as too the rules

Yes they is a active weapon rule

Register To Comment