Register To Comment
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Kilobots - 1.362kg (3 lbs) Combat Robots

A Servo with a toothpick on the arm, voila, active weapon.
    I've had worse than that in antweights and they still counted as active! lol.

I've seen far worse than yours even, Dead Meat's...thing...at AWS30 was active in the strictest sense of the word I guess :P

Having a wedge or scoop or forks on the front powerd by a servo would be most effective and simplest active weapon. can lowerthen so of have zero ground clearance and lift them if you get stuck or need to go over anything, and forks could be lifted to a hight where they could be used as ramming spikes. If you build somthing fun like block of wood we would allow that, would make some nice video footage smashing it up. Remember if you cant make an active weaponed robot with a separately controlled weapon for some reason make a thwack bot/axle bot.
    Remember were going to be having robot wars style mini challenges, Maybe stuff like football, gauntlet, sumo bowling etc. Plus there will be fights where theres ramps and steps in the arena floor.
    Any suggestions on mini challenges and arena obsticals etc are welcome. As soon as i have some time im going to be fabricating the arena. Just getting couple of feathers finished and getting the heavy done with kenny then ill be cracking on with the arena.

A row of grinders on a ramp/scoop/ramrig sort of obstacle would be good, spanning one side of the arena walls...I'm thinking along the lines of the series 2 Gauntlet, lots of low ground clearance robots got stuck on those

well robots can be modded between rounds aslong as you declare you mods and your robots in weight in its heaviest modified state. so ground clearance etc could be adjustable, interchangeable weapons, as long as its not a completely different robot when its modded,

I like the spinners in the American kilobot arena, but I'd say just have one in the corner or something, cos they seem to get in the way a lot in their fights.

what do you guys think about radio gear? should we make 2.4ghz mandatory from the get go or should we wait untill 2.4 is mandatory in featherweights?

I agree. If it's in the rules that the robot has to failsafe, having it on Spektrums would make sense to everyone from the start. I think we're mostly all on 2.4ghz by now anyway aren't we?

ye i agree 2.4ghz only and also you can get a 6ch whats 2g and tiny so there perfect for them

Register To Comment