Register To Comment
Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Kilobots - 1.362kg (3 lbs) Combat Robots

Rules for shuffle and walkerbots also apply to beetles. You're allowed 1 and a half times the weight for shufflers (4.5 pounds) and twice the weight for walkers (6 pounds).

Is there any news on the arena?

I know there's not been much activity in this weight class resently, But I was thinking about the spinning weapon on rocky, and I calculated the joules of energy it stored using
    http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml
    And it came to 75 joules with out the teeth, and I was wondering how this compared to other robots, I looked though various topics and searched the forum, but I couldn't find the KE of any other beetle weight robots, Im sure there was some some where, but I can't find it, so how does 75 joules compare? And how does it compare to other robots in other weight classes? Thanks

I got 5 dia x 0.5 at 15,000rpm give 9.4kj on 180 it says thats 9400 joules , crazy no wonder it dances

I mentioned what I got from Spinza somewhere..............

Found it, 280 Joules and 6000 Foot Poundals.

One thing to bear in mind Alex is that drums generally have a lower kJ figure than most spinning discs or blades. This is due, in part, to the fact that most drums tend to be much smaller compared to discs. Kenny's disc on 180 is 5 (or 127mm), but you'd never see a 5 drum on a beetleweight as it would most likely be too big for the design and too heavy (even Drumroll's drum isn't even that large!). A drum's weight is also spread out over a wide distance whereas a disc is much thinner in comparison, so it can put that weight saving into a heavier rim which, in turn, creates more inertia when spinning and therefore has a much greater output kJ figure.

Register To Comment