Register To Comment
Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Kilobots - 1.362kg (3 lbs) Combat Robots

Damn, there was me thinking I could use my 40MHz sets for the kilobots since they're gonna become redundant once my FWs are on 2.4GHz.

Geoff sent you an email about the arena specs and basic rules etc just to see what you think.

Can we assign our own arena marshals? And what do you have to do to be allowed to tech check robots. Cos when theres just a few of us battling and testing in a unit it could be hard to get a tech checker to come along, bet were planning on recording all the battles and challenges etc so even the small invite events will need a tech checker there so we dont get shouted are for running an event ouside of the fra rules.

So anyone doing a flipper, axe, hammer, crusher or clusterbot yet? I think were mainly spinners atm.

iv got none of the above

If I do eventually build something (have to finish my ant first) then I have plans for a horizontal 'crusher' (more of a clamp) if I can find some half decent worm gears and wheels for not much money.

I'm thinking of a servo-powered grab-and-lift arm for a weapon (also looked into flamethrowers :P) so something a little different. Might build a spinner too though, can't pass up the chance to build a kilo Drumroll

that would be cool. Get kenny to make you a tiny drum

jack if we are doing it proper and by fra rules i don't think they will allow a flamethrower

Flame throwers would be safe enough in a grade 1 arena like toms making, but it will get anoying having chard polycarbonate arena walls. Tom I'll do tech checking if you want, I'm an fra registered tech checker. It would make sense to print of the standard tech forms and bring them to the event.

I might make a Pneumatic flipper as a mini 360 is already being done.

ok mouldy chief tech checker for kilobots, will also take bribes in the way of kfc

Register To Comment