Register To Comment
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the FRA

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Quote Originally Posted by john
    Why does the forum keep going down?
    We had a corupted table in the database after a reboot. Previous issue was due to unscheduled maintenance and won't happen again how much time do you spend on here

whenever i came on during like 4 days it was down so i was just wondering

getting bored again of the forum so prob gonna hide for another few months come back and see how boring it still is like iv just done lol

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    but when i bought my dx6 all that stopped
    One comment that has stuck in my mind from the 'Safety issues' thread in the Safety Discussion section was along the lines of 'switching to 2.4GHz doesn't solve the problems and eliminate the interference, it merely masks it'
    So all that interference is still there, it's just that the radio system 'overpowers' it
    There can only be interference if the workings of a robot are disrupted. If people don't have an issue of disruption on 2.4GHz, the interference is eliminated. QED

Moving everything to 2.4GHz does create a more stable platform were the emphasis is on fighting and driving, not hoping your robot will run. That is an added bonus for the roboteers and Event Organizers alike. We (DRG and GRA) wil still allow for 40MHz to run but will also advise people to migrate to 2.4GHz whenever they can.

Not a question to the FRA as such, more to the forum moderators, but if I want to post details for a robot event thats not FRA sanctioned (IE: an Antweight World Series), do I have to send the details via you (the moderators) to go into the Live Events section ? I posted the details in live event discussion this time, but just for future.

Roboteer

Only FRA approved event organisers can post in the Live Events section of the website. Please send me an email.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

The difference is in the action of the foot or lower leg of the robot.
    If you trace the movement is it mostly linear or circular in profile?
    To give examples the Lego model has a crank to operate the leg. but the foot motion is a flattened ellipse not a circle,
    but the second one Son of Whyachi the feet are in effect fitted directly to a crank.

I don't really know what I would consider to be the definition of a true walker, but I've always classed Anarchy as a walker in my mind. Even when the rules were changed so that it was classed as a shuffler, I never thought of it as that. The problem with that I guess, is that people will find ways to replicate Anarchy's leg mechanisms without using much weight and will then be able to fit much heavier weapons systems on to their double-the-weight-limit robots which in turn may prompt other people to complain about the classification of a walker.

But then this is just my opinion. I think it's difficult to fully classify as well. For example, I consider Clawed Hopper to NOT be a walker, but I believe that is similar to the mechanism used in DrillZilla (except more precise and much faster) which I originally DID class as a walker. So a lot of it could come down to personal opinion.

The best example of a walker that I can think of is Junior, built by the Plunderbird boys for Technogames. A lovely little machine to watch in action, and that is something I would definitely consider a walker.

Sorry, I know that's probably not much help :P

Register To Comment