Register To Comment
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the FRA

Seems to be more people asking in the featherweight section about building there first bot. hows the wiki page coming along? are we still getting one?

I'll be building a featherweight soon as soon as there is a ruling about the discussion of wether spinners should be allowed at roaming robots.

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Seems to be more people asking in the featherweight section about building there first bot. hows the wiki page coming along? are we still getting one?
    Wiki page is in the works and shouldn't be too long now!
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Hi Guys.

At the moment my position is...

We sell Battle Ratz kits with 2.4ghz, or if not, we recommend 2.4ghz as its cheaper and safer option.
    We will be selling Battle Ant kits soon.... again with the same 2.4ghz options.

The rules are there where all heavy weights should now be on 2.4ghz, and feather weights from 2011. I 100% agree with it !!!
    Any newcomer should be encouraged by this to build with this in mind.

However.... Cross fire turned up to RIAT and only had a 40mhz set. After proving that there was a good stable rc system, we let it run, but advised that next time it would need to be on 2.4.

I will always have a little bit of movement for people... for example, if someone wanted to put their 27mhz rc car in the arena.... they could... chances are it wouldnt get a good enough signal anyway, but if they wanted to they could.

As long as things are safe, we will give people chances.... however if they keep coming back and breaking rules, or things are dangerous, then they might find themselves out of the arena for the event.

John
    Roaming Robots

Well I've been doing that all year and nothing's happened to me :P as well as rubbing people up the wrong way

I have to agree though. I think that 27mhz should be the bare minimum (for the big arena. For the ant arena, it should be lower), and even then we have to be cautious... The lowest I would use is around 40mhz, but I prefer to use 2.4ghz.

Yep, I have no idea what I'm talking about

Why does the forum keep going down?

Should be a another board topic thing called Introduce yourself, I say it should go under FRA General Chatter.

Seems to be a few more people joining the forum but not many of them introducing themselves, maybe this would help them feel more welcome?

Yeah I've notcied that, it's happened a couple of times in the past few weeks, might be updating the servers or, I don't know, just maintenance?

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Why does the forum keep going down?
    We had a corupted table in the database after a reboot. Previous issue was due to unscheduled maintenance and won't happen again how much time do you spend on here
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment