Register To Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first robot

Hi there, first let me say I am new myself and am only just ordering parts for my first robot. But I have recently used this forum for exactly your purpose (see http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/foru...p?f=164&t=3000)

However I am now fairly confident in giving you this parts list.

Transmitter and reciever
    Motors
    Batteries
    Speed Controller
    Building material

On the cost front it seems as you can spend as little or as much as you like, you will probably be looking at £250 upwards. However note the more you spend the better it will be.

£250 is probably a little extreme. The transmitter and reciever will be the priciest purchase, but once you have that you can use it on any robot prokect you decide to take on. For a simple featherweight drive set up, you're probably talking about £100 without the transmitter. It's a good idea to get it in bits though, you can always start building even if you don't have the parts yet.
    Good luck.

...might be a bit of a silly question to ask but what frequency transmitter is it? If it's 2.4ghz or 40mhz you're fine, but if it's a model aircraft leftover and on 35mhz or a 27mhz set from R/C cars I wouldn't reccommend using them, since the former frequency is banned for all non-flying vehicles and the latter is quite prone to interference.

Does it have a crystal? If so check it and that will tell you the frequency.

Unfortunately I have no idea what that means exactly, someone else will have to help you there.

Register To Comment