Register To Comment
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Point

Yep that's normal. It's a ratchet system so that on aircraft you can set the engine throttle to a certain speed and let go of the stick. Useful too in robotics for spinning weapons or other weapon controls.

But if you want to use tank steering to control your robot (i.e. push both sticks forward to go forward etc) then the ratchet can be a bit of a pain. There are kits available in model shops I believe to allow you to remove the ratchet and make the stick a spring-return if you wanted to change it.

What some people do is switch the ratchet on the left stick from the vertical axis to the horizontal axis - which does spring return - and use the springs and levers from the horizontal axis to make the vertical axis spring return as the parts are identical. As Jamie said though, having it on ratchet is very useful if you can drive on one stick, it gives you nice easy variable control of spinning weapons

[quote=team_orr]
    Quote Originally Posted by widow_twanky:1j5w43e7
    Just to point out that the ONLY receiver you can use for robots is the BR6000 .
    *points out ar500* [/quote:1j5w43e7]

An AR500 is DSM2 protocol, and does not work on a DX6 transmitter. Only on DSM2 transmitters like the DX6i or DX5e or DX7 will work with those.

You don't need them. Just screw a couple of grub screws down the holes that they were in to lock off the gearbox. Or you can go for the cheap option and use a 5mm bolt, screw it down until it just locks the gearbox off and then cut the excess.

For the types of motors you'll use in feathers, unless you go overboard and use Speed 900s or Astroflights or something similarly powerful it'll be more than enough

Register To Comment