Register To Comment
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom: Annihilation

Tactics - kill Lime-y. I'm sorry for going after you, Tracy, but I'm not sorry for wanting to advance. :P

Although I'm kinda nervous for my own safety here because PsycloniZer doesn't need a srimech.

Additional tactics - When not spinning, hide behind PsycloniZer

I hate you guys. :sad:

Attack Corona. Kody deserves it. If PsycloniZer gets in my way and it isn't suicidal for me to attack, get him too. If the situation gets too hopeless, drive into pit myself because I don't want them to have the satisfaction.

Additional tactics - to start out, block path to pit release button, hand controls to my second-in-command and tell him to circle that area, then bolt before Tracy can run over and hit me

j/k

Welcome back to Mechanical Maelstrom for the 4th round of the 4th annihilator!

From Etobicoke in Canada, representing Team Zlayerz, ranked #7, Corona!

From Patricia in Canada, representing Team Alt, Lime-y!

From Lincolnshire in England, representing Team ???, PsycloniZer!

Roboteers standby!

Booth Red: Team Zlayerz, Team ???
    Booth Blue: Team Alt

ACTIVATE!

And the match begins! The spinning team-up gets off the mark quickly, revving up their respective spinning rings and PsycloniZer homes in on Lime-y immediately! Andy rushes forward on the onslaught, slamming the pensive Lime-y head on and spinning it around in a circle! However, Tracy takes this opportunity to drive in underneath the temporarily stationary PsycloniZer and drives it across the arena flat out into Corona, which was spinning at full speed!

There€™s an almighty crash and PsycloniZer is thrown off the wedge of Lime-y while Corona flies backwards into the spike strip! That was a clever assault Tracy pulled off there, but unfortunately for her both machines are well-armoured and appear to be undamaged. Lime-y continues her attack and drives in underneath Corona, pushing Kody up against the spikes and firing her flipper in an attempt to toss the orange machine over the barrier!

However, the blade of Corona was under a spike and so Kody€™s machine is merely flipped up and over rather than out of the arena, and it swiftly self-rights. Meanwhile PsycloniZer has spun back up and comes running across the arena at the back of Lime-y, slamming into Tracy€™s robot and causing it to fly across the arena sideways and onto the killsaws! Lime-y is popped up into the air, but not over in a shower of sparks and Tracy quickly recovers, reversing backwards into the pit release button!

The pit descends and the spinners move in for another onslaught, Corona edging towards Lime-y, but Tracy turns to meet the onslaught and Kody backs off, too afraid to launch a full frontal onslaught on the wedged machine. This however, gives PsycloniZer a chance to run in and Andy slams into the green machine again, this time putting a noticeable dent in the side of the robot and knocking it into the arena wall.

Corona jumps on the bandwagon and whacks into the damaged Lime-y, managing to make a small laceration into the titanium armour and leaving Tracy€™s robot looking the worse for wear! And what doesn€™t help this image of being the losing robot is the lack of movement from Lime-y... She€™s not going anywhere, and this causes the audience to count her down and out!
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
    Lime-y€™s down and out, due to the removable link having fallen out after the repeated bashings from PsycloniZer and Corona!

CEASE!

Lime-y turned sour; Corona [#7] & PsycloniZer advance to the annihilator final!

Battleboard
    Corona [#7] vs. Lime-y vs. PsycloniZer vs. Die-Reverta Tops vs. ISRRNY vs. Iron Awe 5

w00ty fight Lewis!

I would have to go for PsycloniZer to win this, because of the extra reach from the hammers.

w00t! Unfortunately since Jinx is the final I don't think I'm gonna get a second bot in but we'll see. :P

Corona vs. PsycloniZer

Psy definitely has a reach above my own blades, therefore I can't hit him but he can hit me. However he's way above his head if he thinks he can damage my ring that much with all that armour on it. Shock damage won't happen either if I'm spinning. My omni-drive also is a factor too...if he hits me, I'm gonna get launched and most of the impact will merely send me flying, and he'll take the recoil. However, the thing I really wanted to do is get between two of the hammers and push him. Omni-drive bots aren't good pushers. Sigh.

So my tactics are basically being a bit of a coward and running away, dodging around hazards, opening the pit and trying to lure him down it, you get the idea. Hopefully due to my omni-drive I should have enough control to avoid hitting hazards myself. Move in between his hammers when he's not spinning, and smash him one.

Good luck Andy, should be good, and wonderful writing as ever Lewis.

well, Gehenna's already through as well Kody so having a bot already through isn't going to stop you :P

Quote Originally Posted by super_sporty
    well, Gehenna's already through as well Kody so having a bot already through isn't going to stop you :P
    ...ah, I forgot about that. :P

Register To Comment