Register To Comment
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

Hey, I won something

I also noticed that I have 2 robots in this heat, but meh. Crooked- haven't used that in a while! Just flip stuff, if that fails just go for a random/spectacular exit that *hopefully* ensures me continuing onwards to the next round... What that may be I'm not sure of yet, hopefully there will be crumpets.

Don't worry, Jack: Extreme Gyration is so incredibly absurd it will destroy itself upon contact with anything. :P

Sam: One robot down, and the next victim is going to be decided in the second battle of the evening!

(BATTLE 2!!!)

From Wales, System Shock!

System Shock is a box-wedge, with a horizontal, top mounted spinning disc on the front. The disc's power can be also put into the drive motors via a clutch, and the machine can use that power to slam into robots with a speed of 50mph. Trust me, this has WAY worse results than a punishing hit by Niklas Kronwall or Scott Stevens. It is also maneuverable and invertible as well. Even if the tracks get damaged, this machine doesn't get affected. It can run the same way without the tracks. Great machine indeed.

From Richmond upon Thames, Crooked Evo!

Jack Orr has entered another great machine. Crooked Evo is a great robot, with a flipper powered by gas, and some tough armour to go along with it. As usual, there is a limited amount as with all flippers powered by gas. Nonetheless, this is a machine with a nasty attitude and a great amount of power. Very good indeed.

From Texas in the USA, Extreme Gyration!

Yikes, this looks frightening. This machine has a HUGE spinning blade that spins at an insane speed of... are you ready? 12000RPM. *GASPSHOCK* This blade can put out 1.2mJ... yes, you heard me right. 1.2 MEGAJOULES of pure, raw energy. Its armour is 3.5mm titanium, which isn't too bad. Even so, it is one of the slowest robots here with a driving speed of 7mph, and with an energy output so high, it could most likely self-destruct after making a hit, even though it's got shock-proofing inside.

Roboteers, Stand By...

Let's see here, Liam and Jack are at the controls of System Shock and Crooked Evo respectively in their control booth. Mark Elam, meanwhile is in the other control booth driving Extreme Gyration. The drivers for the house robots are nowhere to be found, as they are hidden somewhere secret. Wherever it is. Anyway, the house robots for this battle will be Matilda with the flywheel of death, and the mighty crushing fangs of Gorgon.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

The Refbot's green light signals the start of the match, and here we go! System Shock is spinning its disc up to speed... and already, Extreme Gyration spinning up its weapon up. BUT WAIT! System Shock rams into Extreme Gyration before it gets up to speed, and SLAMS it into the wall! That's very good aggression being shown there by the Welsh machine already. Now, Extreme Gyration gets away, but Crooked Evo comes in, gets underneath and SLAMS it into the arena saws! BZZZT! That causes some sparks and the audience reacts to that! Both robots are ganging up on the Texan machine early on, and Extreme Gyration hasn't really got a chance to use its weapon. Here is Extreme Gyration again, spinning up its weapon. Extreme Gyration slams itself HARD into System Shock's side!
    KERRASH!!!!!!!
    ... and that is a CRUSHING hit. Both robots get spun away violently and System Shock ends up crashing into a wall with a thump! System Shock looks to be okay nonetheless, and it drives away like nothing ever happened. There's a huge scratch in the armour, but it does not look like any internal damage has been caused, as it still moves freely. Extreme Gyration gets spinning up again, but Crooked Evo gets underneath and SLAMS it into Gorgon's CPZ! Good shoving power there by Crooked Evo, what power! Now, the fangs come down on the Texan machine with great force, and already, the titanium armour is crumpled. Extreme Gyration gets away from the CPZ of Gorgon, and now it tries to spin up again. Crooked Evo and Extreme Gyration go on a head on collision... oh no, I don't like the direction this is going...
    KERRASH!!!!!!!
    OH MY GAWD! The slam sends both robots thrashing away from each other in a shower of sparks! The energy emitted from this collision is absolutely HUGE indeed! My goodness. Crooked Evo is okay, and no REAL damage has been caused other than a big scratch in the armour. System Shock charges at Extreme Gyration, and that is A HUGE SLAM right into the saws! My goodness, what power! Extreme Gyration gets away from the saws, and the blade is spinning again! Crooked Evo plays the brave fool again, and both bots charge into each other with huge force!
    KERRASH!!!!!!!
    Lord have mercy, that is one heck of a collision as both bots get belted away in a huge flurry of sparks! Now, Extreme Gyration is still moving-- but wait! The blade does not seem to be spinning at all! I think after the previous collision with Crooked Evo, the impact was so powerful and the energy output was SO high, it somehow caused the blade to stop spinning! My goodness... and now System Shock is giving it no end of trouble here! It slams Extreme Gyration into the CPZ of Matilda with a mighty shove!
    CRASH!!!
    The flywheel of Matilda causes great sparks to fly, and it almost flips Extreme Gyration on its back! Good attack there by System Shock. Crooked Evo comes in and crashes their party and carries Extreme Gyration towards the wall! Will it go out?!
    FLIP!
    The flipper sends Extreme Gyration flying, but not out! Extreme Gyration survives to fight another moment, but it's receiving no end of trouble at the moment! System Shock just won't leave Extreme Gyration alone, and it slams Mark's machine right into Gorgon's CPZ! The lethal fangs come down again, and its armour is crumpled even more now! Extreme Gyration tries to flee, but it's going nowhere as it is still in the clutches of Gorgon! Now Gorgon releases Extreme Gyration, and it is able to get away just barely! Crooked Evo barges in and flips over the Texan machine, and SLAMS it into the saws! BZZZT! The sparks fly! Now, Extreme Gyration is on its back and unable to self-right, due to the blade not spinning anymore. The Refbot rushes over and gives the last rites by counting it out!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    Extreme Gyration is out of there! Now, the arena becomes a playground for the house robots. Gorgon pushes Extreme Gyration onto the floor flipper, and now we will see some air time! 3... 2... 1... FLIP! There it goes, and the Texan machine takes flight and comes back down with a gut-wrenching thud! Gorgon presses the pit button, and lines up Extreme Gyration by the edge of the pit. Now Matilda comes in with the flywheel...
    CRASH!!!
    That's it, Extreme Gyration is in the pit, but it's not over, it looks like! System Shock spins its blade up to full speed, and rams Matilda's side with it!
    CRASH!!!
    OH, and Matilda loses some armour, and now Crooked Evo gets into the act and flips Matilda over into its side! My goodness, this is absolutely unheard of! Liam and Jack are having way too much fun in their control booths, it looks like. Now, System Shock shoves Matilda into the pit to avoid any humiliation, but wait! Refbot gives both of them a yellow card, much to the annoyance of the audience! They're all booing Refbot, and Crooked Evo doesn't like it one bit either! Crooked Evo gets underneath the Refbot, carries it to the wall, and Refbot gets tossed! He's out of the arena lying on the camera tracks! Ah man, now I've seen everything!

CEASE!

Extreme Gyration spins itself into oblivion.
    System Shock and Crooked Evo go through to Round 2!!!

Round 2 Line-Ups
    Storm 2 VS System Shock
    Crooked Evo VS Gabriel 5

Tactics and Predictions, s'il vous plait.

Storm II vs. System Shock

Storm II can be rendered near useless if flipped. Can System Shock do it before being pitted or rammed OOTA? I don't think so.

CrOoKeD EvO vs. Gabriel V

Pretty sure Joey can get this one, sorry Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    CrOoKeD EvO vs. Gabriel V
    Pretty sure Joey can get this one, sorry Jack.
    Drat, well in that case i will prepare for the worst. First paint the robot black and dress it in funeral garments. Then fly to Italy to meet with the Pope and discuss how i can make Tunnock's style teacakes at home. When i make my return, i will be extremely jet-lagged, so hopefully that will work in my favour.

Actual tactics: Flip him if possible, try and get a OOTA or put him in the pit, if that fails... go back to the old Suicidal ramming tactic.

Justine: Hey Liam! What's up with you?
    Liam: I'm doing good, thank you. Right now, I'm just fixing the machine.
    Justine: You took damage from the previous battle?
    Liam: Yeah, but it's nothing major. Extreme Gyration just caused some damage to the side in the previous battle, but it's all good now.
    Justine: That's great. Now, your opponent is Storm 2. Tactics?
    Liam: I'm gonna use the 50mph slam whenever I can. Also, I'm gonna cause damage with the disc, push it to the house robots just to get it softened up and dump it in the pit. Either way, it's going to be a great battle, so we'll see what happens. I'm willing to do everything I can to nab the victory.
    Justine: That's confidence! Best of luck.
    Liam: Thank you.

Justine: All right Jack, the draw has been made, and you are up against System Shock!
    Jack: Well, Storm 2 is almost the same as System Shock, so... yeah, we're pretty even, I would say.
    Justine: ... and what are your tactics going to be?
    Jack: Well, given the fact that we are evenly matched, it's going to be a great fight. What I'll do is lift it up using the lifter, and push it around the arena and send it into unpleasent places... that is, the CPZ and the arena hazards. Maybe dump it in the pit if I want.
    Justine: All right, what do you think about Liam?
    Jack: He's obviously a great guy. He builds great robots and I respect him very much, but I will do my best to win.
    Justine: That's the spirit! Best of luck.
    Jack: Thanks a lot.

(* * *)

Sam: Hey! The carnage level is about to go a lot higher! LET THE SECOND ROUND BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

SYSTEM SHOCK!!!

STORM 2!!!

Roboteers, Stand by...

Liam Eliot is in a control booth driving System Shock, and there's Jack Orr on the controls of Storm 2 in the other booth. Both competitors are very good, and so are the house robots. In this battle they will be Dead Metal with the pincers and the deadly sting of the sawblade, and Mindbender with the deadly spinning hammers.

Now... this battle should be interesting. These are two robots which mainly use their pushing power and brute force as their weapons. System Shock can go up to 28 mph, so it's definitely the more faster here. Meanwhile Storm 2 can go up to 23 mph, and immediately it gets a good shove in on System Shock and-- look out! It SLAMS System Shock into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly, but System Shock gets away and shakes it off. The blade is spinning on System Shock, and it slams into Storm 2's side with huge force!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks are flying, and the audience loves it! That will catch the eyes of the judges, as well. However, Storm 2 gets underneath again and it absolutely hammers the Welsh machine into the wall! That's a good attack there by the former runner up of Robot Wars, and Liam looks like he cannot take it anymore! He's fed up with being pushed around so System Shock charges at Storm 2, and slams into it! Now, it shoves the former New Blood champion right into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience reacts to that! My goodness, that's a large amount of sparks, and Liam looks like he's not done yet, as he drives System Shock into Storm once again, and pushes it to Dead Metal's CPZ-- but it flees out of harm's way! Great defense by Storm 2 there, as it gets away from danger! This is a good battle we're seeing here so far, and both machines are doing very well in this fight. We've seen the experience that Storm 2 has, being a runner up in the 7th Wars, and it also won the New Blood Championships as well. System Shock is also a very good machine as well, as it came 4th in the first Crash and Burn Mini-Tourney. Now, the blade is spinning on System Shock, and it slams into the side of Storm 2 once again!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly again, but no real damage is caused other than a small scratch. Storm 2 now fights back and slams into the side of System Shock, and it feeds the Welsh machine into the saws! BZZZT! System Shock gets away from the saws, but not from Storm 2, as it slams System Shock into the clutches of Dead Metal and it welcomes the Welsh machine with open arms! The circular saw goes to work now! BZZZT! Sparks are flying... and that sounded way more painful than a dentist's drill! System Shock gets away, and darts for Storm 2! Now both robots seem to be playing cat and mouse, as System Shock chases Storm 2 around the arena! System Shock slams into Storm 2 now, and feeds it into the CPZ of Dead Metal who does not look happy at all! It doesn't like having its personal space invaded, no sir! Now, Dead Metal clutches Storm 2 in its grasp, and gives the saw treatment and sparks begin to fly! Now, it gets away, but System Shock won't leave it alone! The Welsh machine gets underneath Storm 2 again, and it slams it into the pit button! There is the pit of doom descending now, looking for someone to devour like a roaring lion. System Shock continues to pursue Storm 2, and it gets underneath! Now Storm 2 is in serious trouble as it is getting closer to being pushed into Mindbender, but it JUST drives away in the nick of time! Now, Storm 2 fights back and slams into System Shock and feeds it into the saws! BZZZT! More sparks are flying and the audience loves it! Storm 2 now slams into System Shock again. This time, it starts pushing the Welsh machine into Mindbender's CPZ! This doesn't look good at all... BUT WAIT! Just like Storm 2, System Shock flees away from danger by the skin of its chinny chin chin! Now, System Shock gets away and slams into Storm 2! The rammer from Wales now starts shoving Storm 2 into Mindbender's CPZ! Oh no, this does NOT look good... Storm 2 tries getting away... its wheels are spinning frantically...
    CRASH!!!
    Nope, it didn't happen, as Mindbender unleashes the fury on Storm 2 and thrusts it away! Storm 2 gets belted by the spinning hammers real good, it looks like. Storm 2 is starting to limp a little bit, but that doesn't stop the Ipswich machine from getting underneath System Shock and SLAMMING it into the saws! Good attack there by Storm 2, there. System Shock gets away from the saws, and into Storm 2 it goes! It gets underneath Storm 2's side somehow, and slams it into the saws again! BZZZT! Sparks are flying again, but Storm 2 doesn't stop as it retaliates by ramming System Shock closer to the pit of doom! Uh-oh, this doesn't look good for System Shock! Will it go in-- NO! It doesn't go in, as System Shock only JUST gets away! However, all is not well for System Shock! Despite getting away from the pit, Storm 2 now pursues it and chases after it! Now, Storm 2 gets underneath the side of System Shock, and rams it into Dead Metal! System Shock is welcomed with open arms, and down goes the saw of the house robot! BZZZT! There's the sparks and we have seen a lot of sparks flying here in this battle. This will catch the eyes of the judges if, by any chance, this fight goes the distance and ends with no real clear winner. System Shock gets away from Dead Metal, but Storm 2 just does not stop! It slams into the Welsh machine, and starts to shove it towards Mindbender! Uh-oh--
    CRASH!!!
    YEOW! The spinning hammers collide with System Shock and the Welsh machine gets thrusted away-- oh, dangerously near the pit! System Shock is slightly limping now due to the hit by Mindbender. However, it doesn't stop System Shock from getting underneath Storm 2! Now, System Shock is heading closer towards the pit and takes Storm 2 with it! Storm 2 is trying to get away, hanging on for dear life! Storm 2 JUST gets away, and flees from danger! What a battle this is turning out to be! What great action we are seeing here! System Shock gets underneath Storm 2 again and it slams the former Robot Wars runner-up into the saws! BZZZT! There is a good amount of sparks flying now, and the audience goes wild as ever. However, now time is running out for both of these robots...
    10... 9... 8... 7...
    System Shock now gets underneath Storm 2 again and-- uh-oh, it's starting to push Storm 2 towards the pit...
    6... 5... 4...
    Storm 2 hangs on in there, holding on for dear life again! Will it get dumped?!
    3... 2... 1...

CEASE!

NNNO! Time has run out for these robots and it goes to the judges! That was a fantastic battle, and let's see what the judges have to say here.

JD: System Shock / Storm 2
    Style: 2.5/5 / 2.5/5
    Damage: 2.8/5 / 2.2/5
    Control: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Aggression: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Final Score: 10.1/20 / 9.9/20

Storm 2 gets downgraded to a light breeze.
    System Shock goes through to the Heat L Final!!!

I don't think the repeated tight decisions are necessary.

Regardless, good fight.

Justine: All right Jack, your opponent for this battle will be Gabriel 5.
    Jack: Gabriel, eh? Oh boy, that's gonna be quite a difficult battle. I really don't know about this one, but I think I'll give it my best shot.
    Justine: Mkay, tactics?
    Jack: Well, flipping it out of the arena seems the most likely thing to do. Shove it to the house robots, if I need to.
    Justine: All right, you confident?
    Jack: Not very, but I think I can take it on.
    Justine: That's the spirit! Good luck.
    Jack: Thank you.

Justine: Alright then. I'm over here with Gabriel whose opponent is Crooked Evo!
    Joey: Very good flipper, so I think I need to prepare well for this battle.
    Justine: Okay, tactics?
    Joey: Well, flip over the damn thing, and push it to the house robots. Probably try to pit it in the end.
    Justine: Mkay, how confident are you?
    Joey: I'm pretty confident. I think I can take it on quite well.
    Justine: All right, good luck to you.
    Joey: Thanks.

(BATTLE 4!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

CROOKED EVO!!!

GABRIEL 5!!!

Roboteers, stand by...

There's Jack Orr driving Crooked Evo in one booth, and Joey McConnell in the other, driving Gabriel 5. House robots are always lean and mean, and they love to destroy the competitors. In fact, it's their only reason for existence. They are... Mr. Psycho and Head Smash with their HUGE hammers.

They're off! Two great machines are battling it out in this fight. Crooked Evo already getting under the tenth seeded machine, Gabriel and flipping it over. Of course we all know that Gabriel can self-right just like that, and Gabriel now fights back on Crooked Evo. It slams into the machine from Richmond, and gets underneath. This time Crooked gets flipped over, but again, it easily self rights. Gabriel now slams into Crooked again, and pushes it into the saws! BZZZT! Showers of sparks are littering the arena, and the audience as always, loving that. Gabriel comes in on Crooked Evo, but it spins away, and avoids the front. Now, Crooked Evo slams itself into Gabriel's side, and somehow gets underneath! Now, it goes to Mr. Psycho's CPZ, and the giant hammer comes down!
    WHAM!
    The hammer comes down with HUGE force, but it caused very little damage to Gabriel. Joey driving Gabriel away from the CPZ, and into the side of Crooked Evo! Now, Crooked Evo is in trouble as it gets shoved into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks are flying again, and the audience wants more carnage and destruction! Crooked Evo gets away, and it gets underneath the side of Gabriel and flips it over! What a flip, as Gabriel gets tossed high in the air! Gabriel lands back on its wheels, and continues to fight! Here is Gabriel, getting undeneath Crooked Evo and shoving it into Head Smash's CPZ! The hammer comes down hard on Jack Orr's machine!
    CRASH!!!
    Good Lord, that sound is FRIGHTENING. Absolutely frightening indeed. Look at the hole that thing made... yikes. Crooked Evo slightly, only slightly limping here. The hammer, I think, damaged the insides of the machine a little bit. Crooked Evo gets underneath the 10th seeds now, and pushes it into the saws! BZZZT! Good attack there by Crooked Evo. Gabriel fights back and flips over Jack's machine, but it self-rights. As mentioned before, Gabriel is a good machine; it reached the semi-finals last year, winning the Heat H Final against Exertion. This is a much improved machine, I think, as it gets under the side of Crooked Evo and flips it over again. Crooked Evo is a great machine too; great rear-hinged flipper, and it has more than enough power to flip robots clear over the fence. Now, Crooked Evo gets underneath the 10th seeds again, trying to do just that! Gabriel hanging on as Crooked Evo carries it to the wall--
    FLIP!!!
    NO! It didn't happen, as Gabriel bounces off the wall and lives to fight another moment or two here! Gabriel presses the pit button now, and the siren signals the pit opening. Now, Crooked Evo chases Gabriel and gets underneath the side-- oh, what a flip as Gabriel took some air time from the flipper! If that was near the fence, it would have surely flown straight out! Gabriel now self-rights, and it gets underneath and pushes Crooked Evo towards Mr. Psycho! The hammer comes blasting down!
    WHAM!
    The hammer comes down with great force, but the damage is minimal again. Crooked Evo gets away from Mr. Psycho and drives towards Gabriel. Crooked Evo is doing absolutely everything it can to beat Gabriel, but Joey is not backing down here! He can't seem to take this anymore! Gabriel just keeps going and going, and now it gets underneath Crooked Evo, and flips it over! Crooked Evo is on its back, but it self-rights and gets away! Good defense there by Jack's machine. Now, Gabriel is off to press the pit button, and the pit opens up! Good gracious, that siren has chills running down my back. Crooked Evo charges at Gabriel and gets underneath and now, it drags the 10th seeded machine closer toward the pit! Gabriel... JUST ESCAPES by the skin of its chinny-chin-chin! Now, Gabriel fights back, and slams into the side of Crooked Evo and pushes it into the CPZ of Head Smash! The hammer comes down hard!
    CRASH!!!
    OH, that sound was absolutely frightening! Head Smash absolutely levels Crooked Evo with that hammer! One word, OUCH! Crooked Evo gets away, but it appears to be limping even more. That hammer must have caused more damage to the inside of the machine. Now, taking this to advantage, Gabriel slams into Crooked Evo and gets underneath, and starts shoving it towards the pit! Now, Crooked Evo's wheels are desperately spinning to get away... can it recover?! NO! Crooked Evo gets dumped into the pit! Well done to both Jack and Joey for putting up an amazing battle!

CEASE!

Crooked Evo is left bruised and battered.
    Gabriel (10) goes through to the Heat L Final!!!

Heat L Final: System Shock VS Gabriel V

Tactics, Predictions? A nice cold refreshing glass of lemonade?

First of all, I sincerely apologize to all my friends on the FRA Fan Fic Community for not being on here for a long time. I was on a bit of a vacation and I have not had time to do this. Hopefully I can go on here more from now on.

BTW, Zarte, if you're still there, it would be greatly appreciated if you gave me your stats for Cry with the Saints and BIACS-ident. Thanks.

Oh and btw, after a long and grueling wait... THE HEAT FINAL!!!

Justine: So Liam, how are you doing now?
    Liam: Good for the most part. There seems to have been damage caused to the inside of the machine after that blow from the house robot, but it'll be ready to go in a jiffy.
    Justine: Good to hear that. All right then, your opponent for the heat final will be Gabriel! What do you think about that?
    Liam: Hmm... well, it's definitely not going to be easy, that's for sure. I'll try to keep my front facing my opponent as much as I can, and cause damage with the disc, but for the most part, go for the box-rush and push it into the house robots and dump it in the pit ASAP.
    Justine: All right, are you thinking you can knock off the seed and win the heat?
    Liam: Not really, but I'm thinking I can take him on quite nicely.
    Justine: That's the spirit! Good luck.
    Liam: Thanks a lot.

Justine: All right Joey! System Shock is your opponent for this heat final. What do you think of this match-up?
    Joey: System Shock, eh? Well, this is going to be a bit difficult, because of the great pushing power and sheer aggression factor.
    Justine: Ah, so you are worried?
    Joey: Yeah a little, but although I think it's going to be a bit difficult to go up against, I think I can take it on nicely.
    Justine: Yes, that's confidence! All right then, tactics?
    Joey: I'll use the flipper whenever possible and try to dump it down the pit.
    Justine: Okay then, good luck in the arena.
    Joey: Thanks.

(* * *)

Dan: The final is upon us, and we're down to two robots remaining in the heat: the seeded Gabriel and the rookie System Shock. What do you think of this match-up, Sam?
    Sam: Well, both robots are very good and they have been successful in the past, so it's going to be a great battle.
    Dan: Indeed it will be. However, I feel that System Shock has an edge here. Gabriel is an outstanding machine with the great big flipper, but I feel System Shock is much more aggressive.
    Sam: I agree. Also, System Shock has a great pushing power. Gabriel indeed, is an amazing machine. It's got a flipper which has been extremely consistent and effective. However, don't forget, System Shock has got a secret weapon which is storing all the energy from the flywheel and incorporating that into the drive motors, unleashing 50mph slams on opponents.
    Dan: So based on our decisions, it looks like we are going for System Shock to win this heat, eh?
    Sam: It's going to be a very close battle, but yes. I think that System Shock will dazzle us all. So without further ado... shall we, D-Man?
    Dan and Sam: LET THE HEAT FINAL BEGIN!!!

(HEAT FINAL!!!)

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome...

SYSTEM SHOCK!!!

A beast of a competitor, with a very STRONG pushing power.

GABRIEL V!!!

It reached the semi-finals once, can this machine do it two consecutive years?

Roboteers, Stand By...

There's Liam Eliot on the controls of System Shock in one booth, and Joey is in another booth driving Gabriel V. The house robot drivers are nowhere to be found... again. Meh. Anyway, the house robots for this heat final will be... Killalot with the pincers and lance, and also Mangled Metal with its lethal spinning ring.

Now, silence has taken over the warzone. Just remember, this is for a place in the series semi-finals. As mentioned before, Gabriel has been there in the previous year, and looks good early on, as System Shock gets flipped over by the flipper! However, it does not affect the mobility, as it can run both ways up. Now, in comes System Shock, spinning its weapon up to full speed. This is a top-mounted, horizontal spinner, but what's interesting about the machine is the fact that it can incorporate the disc's power into the drive system using a clutch. Therefore, it can cause 50 mph slams against an opponent. System Shock now--
    CRASH!
    System Shock comes in with the flywheel and slams into Gabriel, and showers of sparks litter the arena! Nevertheless, no particular damage has been caused at the moment other than a dent. However, that will score points for the Welsh machine if this goes to a judge's decision. Now, Gabriel's flipper gets underneath System Shock and flips it back over on its right side up! System Shock now comes in on the attack! Here's System Shock getting under Gabriel's side and SLAMMING it straight into the saws! BZZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience is going crazy about it! Gabriel gets away from the saws but not from System Shock as it gets underneath again and SLAMS it right into the wall! OH, that has got to hurt! Gabriel gets away, and pursues System Shock! Now it pushes the Welsh machine right into Killalot's CPZ! However, System Shock is quick to get away; now, it slams into Gabriel's side and pushes it right into the saws! BZZZT! What power! System Shock certainly being fast and furious here, as it just slams the tenth seed into the saws! Now, here's Gabriel as it gets away from the saws, slams into System Shock's side and uses the flipper to flip it over on its back! Good attack there by the machine from Pontefract. Now, System Shock's disc spins up, and now it slams into Gabriel's side!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks are flying, but no real damage is caused other than a small dent again. Despite this, that's a good attack by the machine from Wales. Now, Gabriel gets underneath System Shock's side, and tries pushing it into the spinning ring of Mangled Metal... but it just gets away in the nick of time! System Shock using good defense there to get away from danger. System Shock is quite fast, it can go up to speeds of 28 mph, so it's by far the more faster robot here. Meanwhile, Gabriel is also relatively fast, sporting top speeds of 16 mph. Now it's using that speed to catch up to the Welsh machine and carries it to the walls! Gabriel now puts its flipper to use, perhaps to stack System Shock up against the side wall, but no! System Shock is flipped back on its right side up, and gets away somehow! System Shock using its speed well here in this battle, and now it charges at Gabriel's side, and gets underneath! Now, it slams Gabriel right into... uh-oh, I've got a bad feeling about this--
    CRASH!!!
    The spinning ring of Mangled Metal absolutely belts Gabriel and sends it spinning away! Great attack there by System Shock, and Gabriel is dented on the side from the attack by Mangled Metal! That will catch the eyes of the judges, and System Shock is being aggressive and fast here! In my opinion, this has to be one of the fastest machines I've seen so far in this tournament, just look at it go! BUT WAIT! Gabriel gets right underneath the side of System Shock and flips it over! System Shock now spins up its disc, and slams into the side of the tenth seed with force!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly and the audience goes wild about it! There is also a small dent, but not too visible. Good attack there by System Shock, nonetheless. Now, Gabriel fights back, and pushes System Shock towards the saws-- look out! BZZZT! Sparks are flying, and the audience is loving it again! System Shock gets away from the saws, but not from Gabriel! The tenth seed carries the Welsh machine into the wall and tries to stack it there! However, it doesn't really happen, as Gabriel flips the rammer back on its right side up! Now, System Shock somehow gets away... to press the pit button! Liam has had enough of this, it looks like, and he wants to end it all here and now! System Shock now slams into Gabriel and it's pushing the tenth seed ever so close to the pit... is it going to be over?! No, it doesn't go in! Gabriel just gets away from danger, and lives to fight again! Now, Gabriel getsa away and pursues System Shock, and gets underneath! It pushes the rambot into the saws and sparks fly! BZZZT! System Shock gets away, but Gabriel just simply won't leave it alone! Nothing makes the robots safe here! Uh-oh, now the machine from Pontefract starts pushing System Shock towards the pit of doom, and it's getting closer... BUT WAIT! System Shock manages to get away somehow! I honestly thought it was going to be over, but System Shock lives to fight another moment or two! System Shock has miraculously gotten away from danger, and now it chases Gabriel around the ring! Both robots are playing a bit of cat and mouse here, but System Shock has no trouble catching up to Gabriel with its speed! System Shock gets underneath Gabriel's side, and-- uh oh. System Shock is pushing Gabriel right into the ring of Mangled Metal! Gabriel tries to get away--
    CRASH!!!
    Gabriel just gets absolutely hammered by the deadly spinning ring of the house robot! Mangled Metal unleashes its fury on Gabriel, and now it is slightly limping... oh dear. BUT WAIT! Gabriel slams itself into System Shock's side, and flips it over on its back! Now, System Shock gets away from Gabriel momentarily but the tenth seed is being tenacious and just won't leave it alone! Gabriel gets underneath, and it is trying to shove System Shock down the pit! It's moving closer... System Shock, is it over... NO! System Shock makes another miraculous escape from danger! System Shock spins up, and slams into Gabriel...
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly and Gabriel has another very small dent on its side. Time is ticking down in this battle...
    10... 9... 8... 7...
    Now, System Shock spins up again...
    6... 5... 4..
    System Shock charges at Gabriel for a last time...
    CRASH!!!
    The sparks fly again, and a piece from Gabriel's skirt comes flying off...
    3... 2... 1...

CEASE!

That will do it! Both of these robots fought valliantly, and now it's up to the judges' decision.

JD: System Shock / Gabriel V
    Style: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Control: 2.4/5 / 2.6/5
    Damage: 2.8/5 / 2.2/5
    Aggresion: 2.7/5 / 2.3/5
    Total Score: 10.3/20 / 9.7/20

Gabriel crashes out in a shocker.
    System Shock goes through to the Series Semi-Finals!

(END INTERVIEW)
    Sam: Oh boy. Joey, I'm sorry to say Gabriel didn't make it this time.
    Joey: Yeah, I'll say. I'm a little disappointed not to make the semis, but there's always next time.
    Sam: Yes, love the positive attitude! What do you think of the judges' decision?
    Joey: Yeah, I'm a little disappointed, like I said, but I do agree with their decision.
    Sam: Aw well, that's all right. There's always next time. Are you coming back?
    Joey: Absolutely. I'll be ready to win it next time I come back.
    Sam: There's optimism right there! Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for the amazing Joey McConnell and his machine GABRIEL!!!!!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS)
    Sam: Well, your machine is AGGRESSIVE. It just keeps going and going!
    Liam: Oh yeah. Absolutely indeed.
    Sam: System Shock is certainly fast and furious. Was that your tactic for this battle?
    Liam: Very much so. Being as fast, furious and aggressive as I can be.
    Sam: Great job on winning the heat. Think you can go all the way?
    Liam: Well, there are a lot of great robots out there that are already in the semis, but I will do my best to come out on top.
    Sam: All right, that's confidence! Confidence is what we like here! Ladies and gentlemen, make some noise for your winner of Heat L, the amazing Liam Eliot and his machine SYSTEM SHOCK!!!!!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS)
    Sam: Join us again next time when six more robots clash on another great episode of RoboBash! Good night!
    (CROWD CHEERS, Joey, Liam and Sam shake hands)

Next Time:

The 8th seeds, Axeon 4.0 returns with a new axe and a new attitude! Also, five more power-hungry robots are willing to take the seeds away!

They are...

Hypertension VS Minesweeper 4 VS Axeon 4.0 (
    Terrorhurtz VS Compression VS Sideswipe

Tactics, Predictions... and cookie dough ice cream

Minesweeper and Sideswipe to eat dust.

Cracking fights Mr. Park!

Register To Comment