Register To Comment
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

Yay! Nice battles, Sam.

I believe me and Andy are teaming up on The Maori Dance Formerly Known As Ha-Ka.

I think Apocalypse II and 101 will go through in the other battle.

...I can't really find it in me to go against the above statements :P

Good to have you back writing Sam, keep it up.

Don't worry about it Sam, by the end of this month. (Or halfway through the next) It'll all be over and you'll have more
    time on your hands to write. (The same thing is happening to me, but im coping with it) :P

Here's the long awaited Heat E.

Sam: Tonight, in Heat E, the ninth seeds, Super Gore returns with a vengeance, but five more machines are willing to take that away! So are you ready to push back the boundaries of brutality!!!!!!!

*CROWD CHEERS*

Sam: Hey, they want it... SO LET THE WAAAAAAAAAAAARS BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Wales, Apocalypse 2!

Apocalypse 2 is about to spell doom for all its victims. This bad boy has Tazbot-style wheels for more maneuverabilty on the arena floor, and its weapon is a Ziggy-style 4-bar flipper for chucking robots out of the arena with ease. However it has limited gas for the flipper so it's got to be careful about using it too much.

From Norwich, Thermidor 2!

Thermidor 2 has been a 2-time semi-finallist in Robot Wars, only to get beaten by Pussycat and Typhoon in those semi-final appearences. It's got the nasty flipper which has flipped countless robots out of the arena, but it has exposed wheels and the armour is quite questionable. Will this lobster be eaten in the first round?

From Kettering, 101!

101 has tracks made out of milk bottle washing machine parts, and an automatic spike that comes out and tries to spear other robots. It has speed and maneuverability, but the tracks are very weak... and if you don't believe me, check out what Fluffy did to it in the 5th Wars. :P

Roboteers, stand by...

There is the newbies, Apocalypse with Liam Eliot on the controls, and Jack Orr and Lian Walsh on the controls of 101 and Thermidor 2. The house-bots in this battle will be: Growler, Mr. Psycho's pet pooch, and also Mangled Metal with the devilicious spinning ring.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

Apocalypse starts zooming around the arena as soon as Refbot gives the green light signal. Now, here's 101 already pushing Thermidor around! Now, here is Apocalypse, crashing their party! Apocalypse gets underneath Thermidor 2-- OH!!! Thermidor 2 gets tossed 9 feet in the air, and just comes down with a loud thud! That flipper is powered by CO2, and uses a 4-bar system like Biohazard or Ziggy. Now in comes Thermidor, fighting back, and chasing after Apocalypse! Thermidor gets underneath the rear, and flips it! Apocalypse can self-right, fortunately. Apocalypse immediately retaliates again, and gets underneath Thermidor's ground clearence! Thermidor just gets chucked into the air, and comes down with a large thud! Thermidor goes after 101 now, and gets underneath! It carries 101 to the wall, and 101 is just trying desperately to get away, but...
    FLIP!
    Eh? How did that not get out?! 101 just bounces off the wall, and back in! Fancy that, I thought 101 was done for; now, Apocalypse immediately goes after Thermidor, and gets underneath! Now, it tries to carry the lobster into the wall and try to chuck it out... but somehow it gets away! Thermidor now retaliates, and gets underneath the rear of Apocalypse! It very nearly tips the Welsh bot over, but what's this? Here comes 101, trying to save Apocalypse from danger! Now, it CRASHES into Thermidor, and tries to spear the side with the spike! Thermidor gets away, and flips 101 over, but as we all know, 101 is invertible. 101 gets away, and slams into Thermidor! Now it takes Thermidor right into the lethal spinning ring of Mangled Metal! Oh no, this does not look good...
    CRASH!!!
    OH!!! Just look at that! The wheel is completely shredded out of shape, and one lobster claw is completely bent! Apocalypse comes in and bashes into Thermidor, and pushes it around! Now, Thermidor is just slammed into the wall by Apocalypse, with nowhere to go but in circles! Oh dear... now, 101 presses the pit button, and the pit goes down! Thermidor looks like it may be out, and the Refbot checks if Thermidor is okay... and the countdown begins!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 58... 59... 50!!!
    What... the... heck... Doesn't Refbot know how to COUNT?! Someone please take care of Refbot... oh dear. Anyway, Thermidor 2 crashes out in the first round, and the house robots close in to eat up what is left of Thermidor. Mangled Metal spins up, and slams right into the rear end of Thermidor!
    CRASH!!!!
    Thermidor spins away near the drop zone, and now more damage is done to the armour! A battery comes out of the machine, and there is no more movement in there whatsoever. Now, Growler takes a nibble at Thermidor, and puts it in the middle of the drop zone! The lobster is about to be turned into soup, perhaps?
    10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... CRASH!!!
    OH!!! A giant flat screen TV comes tumbling down onto Thermidor from 10 meters above the arena! Finally, Apocalypse spares Thermidor 2 from any further humiliation and disposes of it in the pit. BOOM!

CEASE!!!

Thermidor 2 turns into lobster soup.
    Apocalypse and 101 goes through to Round 2!

Sam: Welcome back to RoboBash, where we'll throw in three more robots, and only two come out alive. Hey, let's get it on!

From Toronto, Ontario, and the number 9 seeds, Super Gore Septua!

Listen to the CHEERS of the crowd! Super Gore returns again, this time with a much bigger pair of pincers. The weapon system runs on gas, and it's much powerful than last time... looks dangerous. It's got a top speed of 20mph MAX, but its average is 12mph. Running on tracks, this robot could really go all the way this year. Who knows?

From Bedford, The Maori Dance Formerly Known as Ha-ka!

Ha-ka is a Storm 2-shaped robot, with a really strange weapon. It's an axe and a flipper combined into one and powered by nitrogen. The flipper can be used to flip opponents up to 250kg and also has 0mm ground clearence on the front. However, its rear end has 6mm ground clearence, so it COULD be vulnerable to flippers... :P

From Shrewsbury in Shropshire, Fissure!

Fissure competed as Rupture in the last war, losing to Killobite in the second round. Fissure has a box wedge shape with sloped sides, and its main feature is the huge lifting arm at the front, which is powered by some hydraulics. Fissure also has 2 S28-400 mags to get up to 12mph, and could possibly put a puncture through other robots' winning chances.

Roboteers, Stand By...

There is the ninth seeded Super Gore Evo, with Kody Kunz on the controls, and there are Ha-ka and Fissure in the other booth with Matt Fowler and Andy Jackson on the controls, respectively. As for the house robots, they will come in the form of Gorgon with the great fangs, and Matilda with the tusks and terrible flywheel.

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

As usual, Refbot gives the green light to start the match, and immediately, Ha-ka goes after Fissure, pushing it around the war-zone. Ha-ka flips over Fissure into a wall, and Fissure self-rights. Now, Super Gore comes into the action, and trying to grab a hold of Ha-ka! But it gets away, and now, in comes Fissure from Ha-ka's rear end, trying to get underneath! Ha-ka responds with the axe, and it whacks the top armour of Fissure. Only, it's not doing much damage... just doing scratches. Now, Super Gore comes in, and slams into Ha-ka, and now it clamps it hard with the Kan-Opener style claws! Kody drives Super Gore into the CPZ, and he's taking Ha-ka with it! Ha-ka, don't you realize that Matilda's flywheel is by your side...?
    CRASH!!!
    ... too late. The armour is shredded, and now, in comes Fissure! Fissure uses the 0mm ground clearence on the front to get under Ha-ka, and now, it lifts Ha-ka up into the air, and carries it into the saws! BZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience loves it! Ha-ka is in all sorts of problems here at the moment! Fissure tries to carry Ha-ka into the pit button... BUT WAIT! Ha-ka gets away miraculously from Fissure, but it's sort of limping along here. I think the saws did damage to the wheels, and I think that's what caused Ha-ka to limp. Super Gore presses the pit button, and the pit goes down with the siren. Fissure is still trying to pursue Ha-ka, and now it gets underneath the side! Now, it takes Ha-ka for a ride... and flips Ha-ka into Matilda's flywheel!
    CRASH!!!
    OH!!! The weapon is BENT, and Ha-ka has become weaponless! Now, Fissure flips Ha-ka onto its back, and I think Ha-ka is done for, to be honest... the weapon is gone, and there is no srimech if the weapon is gone. Refbot is no longer amused and starts counting it out!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    Ha-ka is outta there, and now it becomes a chew-toy for the house robots! Gorgon slams into Ha-ka, and sinks its fangs right into the underbelly, and pushes it towards Matilda's flywheel! Oh dear...
    CRASH!!!!
    Ay-yi-yi, some more armour goes flying, and I think that is the end for Ha-ka. Gorgon, knowing that Ha-ka has been beaten, doesn't have to do anything else but to just simply dump it down the drain. BOOM! Good-bye!

CEASE!

The Maori Dance Formerly known as Ha-ka did not survive the dance of death.
    Super Gore Septua and Fissure go through to Round 2!

Round 2 Line-Ups
    Apocalypse VS Fissure
    Super Gore Septua (9) VS 101

As usual, tactics and predictions are always welcome.

w00ty battles Sam...didn't think Refbot would end on 50 though. :P

Apocalypse II vs. Fissure

Barring the usual realism aspects with Apocalypse, I think it could win it in one flip. :P Fissure will make it pay though by flipping it over a lot forcing Apocalypse to use up a lot of flipping power, and I don't see that one winning flip from Apoc happening before then, so I'll go with Fissure.

Super Gore Septua vs. 101

Two tracked machines, one winner. 101's actually a decent machine, but I still think I can win this one easily. Keep the front facing him at all times and he won't be doing anything fast. Driving up the scoop will beach him, so clamp him and get him into the pit.

Ive been waiting so long to get stuck into one of Kodys bots. heres the chance

Ok, just avoid those claws at all costs. Try me best to get around him whilst avoiding the claws and shove him into
    anything that i can find. Taking advantage of any driving errors (fat chance of that happening) that occurs. And try
    to pit it.

Well i guess ill fail but it will be fun though.

Register To Comment