Register To Comment
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

Sam: Our second heat, and it€™s time for some action. Last heat, the runner-up of last year, Intriguous slammed and axed its way to win the heat, and the 3rd seeds, Clawdius returns! So are you ready to crank up the carnage!!!!

(CROWD CHEERS)

Sam: All right then! LET THE WAAAAAAAARS BEGIN!!!!!

Dan: Tonight€™s heat will bring the 3rd seeds, Clawdius, who took quite a beating in the 3rd Place Playoff by Tira 3 last year, but just remember, if Clawdius bites, it won€™t let go until it reaches the pit of doom. There are also 5 more power-hungry robots aiming to take Clawdius down! So, without further ado, let€™s get on with Round 1!

(BATTLE 1!!!)

From Hoogvilet in Holland, Hannibal!

Looks like Chaos 2€™s twin brother! Its drive is 24V Litton Motors, and its weapon is a giant flipper, that will surely give robots some big air-time! However, its armour is 7075 aluminium and titanium which is not too bad, but it€™s not the most resilient.

From England, Shadow Assassin!

Shadow Assassin has got only one thing in mind: to destroy everything and anything in its path with a nice sword blade that is powered by a S28-150 Magmotor @ 24v, and on the back it€™s got a deadly vertical spinner to rip other robots. However, it has somewhat high ground clearance other than the front.

From San Diego, California, Tazbot!

Tazbot is a very strange and cool-looking robot, with a huge lifter on the front that is mounted onto some sort of 360 degree turret thing, and it can self-right easily, as well. However, it IS one of the oldest robots here€¦

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

Booth 1: Leo Van Miert, Lewis Matthews
    Booth 2: Tracy Farber

Today€™s house robots will be Napoleon Botaparte with the huge rammer and Mr. Psycho with the huge hammer.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!

The three robots are off to a quick start, and Hannibal already flips over Tazbot with a quick push of a button, but Tazbot self-rights using the turret and lifting arm. Now, there€™s Shadow Assassin now, with the sword blade. Interesting dustpan shaped design there, now it€™s scooping up Tazbot! It brings the sword down immediately with massive force!
    WHACK!
    The armour is not too heavily damaged, just a little gash, and now, Hannibal comes In and recklessly flips Tazbot again! It tries getting away, but€¦
    FLIP!
    Tazbot soars 9 feet up into the air and comes down with a horrible thud back onto its wheels! I can feel that from where I am! Now, Tazbot tries getting away, but Hannibal carries Tazbot and pushes it into Shadow Assassin€™s rear cutting blades! Now, sparks fly, and there are scratches and dents in the armour! That is just too horrifying to watch, but now, Tazbot tries fighting back, by getting Shadow Assassin in the rear, and lifting! Now, will Shadow Assassin go over? No, it does not, thankfully. Shadow Assassin comes down again, and now, it scoops up Tazbot with the wedge and rams that serrated sword down!
    WHACK!
    Now that€™s a big hit! The armour has more dents, and now, Tazbot gets away from Shadow Assassin, but not from Hannibal, as it drags the former Battlebots semi-finalist into-- OH NO! NOT MR. PSYCHO!!!!
    BANG!
    OH! Mr. Psycho€™s mighty hammer comes blasting down on Tazbot and the lifting arm is totally bent! Not a good day for Tazbot here€¦ and now, finally Hannibal carries it towards the wall, and tosses it over and out! Shall we, Leo?
    FA-LIP!!!

CEASE!

Tazbot is beaten the daylights out of it. Can you say, OUCH?
    Hannibal and Shadow Assassin go through to Round 2!

Sam: One robot gone, and another to be executed in the next battle!

(BATTLE 2!!!)

From Middlesex, Fluffy!

Yes, Fluffy by name, but it€™s never to be underestimated. The spinner is absolutely deadly, and it€™s also nippy around the arena floor, as well. However, it suffered a number of breakdowns, so it might as well get the catnip here.

From Bedford, Assegai!

Assegai is a box shaped robot with a really strange weapon that can€™t REALLY be described. It€™s sort of a battering ram powered by 12 cables, and this can cause internal damage rather than external. However, it may be difficult to control, and it€™s invertible so its wheels are exposed from the top.

From Glasgow, Scotland, and Seeded #3, E Clawdius Unum!

Clawdius returns, all fixed from last year, where it took a severe beating from Tira in the 3rd Place Playoff, but it€™s still got the lethal crusher and the barbs to snag and crush other robots. This could be a thrilling experience for Emperor Clawdius if it goes all the way again.

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

Booth 1: Jack Orr, Matt Fowler
    Booth 2: Steve McGregor

The Housies in this battle will be Mangled Metal and Matilda, the gruesome twosome.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

Here we go, as E Clawdius Unum immediately chases Fluffy. Now, Fluffy spins up, and the blade comes into contact with E Clawdius Unum€™s hardox armour!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly, but no real damage is caused to the armour€¦ and Assegai comes out from nowhere, and crashes into Fluffy! Now, it activates the battering ram, which sends Fluffy crashing into the wall! Oof! That€™s going to leave a mark, and now, Fluffy gets away and spins up, and it tries to crash into the side of Clawdius, but Clawdius turns and gets underneath Fluffy! Now, it sinks its deadly crushing beak into the armour of Fluffy, and Fluffy€™s spinning blade keeps on spinning somehow! Now, Clawdius hoists Fluffy into the air so effortlessly, and drags it into the pit button! But Clawdius loses its grip on Fluffy, and it comes back down and gets away from Clawdius, but not from Assegai! Assegai pushes Fluffy right into Mangled Metal!
    CRASH!!!!
    Never underestimate the power of the ring spinner, I always say! :wink: Fluffy is spun into unconsciousness, and loses some armour as well. I think Fluffy is finished, here. It€™s stopped moving, and its blade has also stopped working. The Refbot counts Fluffy out!
    1€¦ 2€¦ 3€¦ 4€¦ 5€¦ 6€¦ 7€¦ 8€¦ 9€¦ 10!!!
    Now, for the finishing touches, Matilda€™s rear flywheel smacks into Fluffy!
    CRASH!!!
    €¦ and that€™s it. Fluffy tumbles right into the pit!

CEASE!

Fluffy turns out to be a harmless kitten.
    Assegai and E Clawdius Unum goes through to Round 2!

Draws for Next Round

Hannibal VS Assegai
    Shadow Assassin VS E Clawdius Unum

Tactics, Predictions and a new guitar please.

Shadow Assassin's discs are actually at the front, housed in the 2 front wedges that are either side of the dustpan. Other than that great fights Samuel

Tactics:
    E Clawdius Unum - not the draw I wanted Still, I think I have a moderate chance in this round, as I'm really not an easy bot to grab. The dustpan could well be lower than him, we'll just have to wait and see there. However the main point here is my sword - its 35cm long than my robot body and the surface area rule means I should get under the middle of his front wedge with it and be able to lift him without him getting anywhere near me. Once the sword is in underneath, lift and flip him over quickly. However, don't lower the arm. Instead drive in and get him on the dustpan, using the sword not to damage but to clamp down and stop him from self-righting. Then take him to the pit ASAP.

I think Hannibal will win the other fight

Good luck Steve!

Hannibal VS Assegai

Justine: Right, Leo, you are up against€¦ Assegai!
    Leo: Assegai, eh? Well, it does have a dangerous battering ram, but I think I€™ll have a good chance against it€¦ hopefully.
    Justine: Mkay, tactics?
    Leo: Er€¦ I€™ll flip it out, and take on the house robots.
    Justine: All right then, good luck.
    Leo: Thank you.

Justine: Matt, I€™ve got breaking news. You are up against Hannibal!
    Matt: Oh crap. I think I€™m doomed. Hannibal is the Chaos 2 lookalike, isn€™t it?
    Justine: Yup, it is.
    Matt: I was afraid of that. Well, maybe I will just try to push it everywhere and use the battering ram as much as needed, but I don€™t know if it will work, because Hannibal is a really tough opponent.
    Justine: All right, good luck.
    Matt: Thank you.

( * * * )

Sam: Well, they€™ve gone through hell and back, but now things REALLY start to heat up! LET ROUND 2 BEGIN!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome€¦

HANNIBAL!!!

ASSEGAI!!!

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

Booth 1: Leo Van Miert
    Booth 2: Matt Fowler

House Robot 1: With a hammer so strong, it could bash the skull of robots and get their brains right out in literally one hit. House Robot 2: A big robotic dog with a huge bite which is way worse than its bark. You guessed it, Head Smash and Growler!

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

So, Assegai immediately lunges at Hannibal, trying to get around its side to bash the battering ram in. Now, Hannibal immediately turns itself and gets underneath Assegai!
    FLIP!
    Hannibal flips over Assegai onto its back, and now, Assegai fights back by charging at Hannibal€™s side and poking it with the battering ram, and€”OH! The attack sends Hannibal crashing into the wall! That€™s got to hurt indeed, but Hannibal is oblivious to the attack, and gets underneath Assegai again!
    FLIP!
    Assegai flies and comes back down with a stomach-wrenching thud! That flipper is very formidable, indeed; Hannibal could be the one to watch in this tournament. Assegai is a good robot as well; it€™s got that unique weapon, good speed and maneuverability. Now, it just slams into Hannibal and fires the ram, and it sends Hannibal into Growler! Hannibal€”uh oh, it€™s gotten underneath Growler!
    FLIP!
    €¦ and the audience goes ballistic as Growler goes over on it€™s back! Leo must love those house robots, indeed! Now, Leo goes after Assegai again, and gets underneath! It carries it to the wall, and€”
    FLIP!
    That€™s it! Hannibal throws another robot out of the arena, well done to Leo for awesome driving!

CEASE!

Assegai is annihilated.
    Hannibal goes through to the Heat B Final!

-----------------------------------------------------

Justine: All right, here€™s Lewis with Shadow Assassin! Do you know who you are up against?
    Lewis: Uh€¦ oh no. I€™ve got a bad feeling about this. Is it E Clawdius Unum?
    Justine: Yes, you ARE up against Clawdius.
    Lewis: Argh. I had to ask. But anywho, it IS a hard opponent, but it€™s certainly not IMPOSSIBLE to beat it. So, I€™ll try my best to use the €œflip€™n clamp€ tactic.
    Justine: €¦and what is the €œflip€™n clamp tactic€?
    Lewis: Well, this sword can hack and flip at the same time, so once I€™ve flipped it over I€™ll clamp it down hard, so it can€™t escape or self right. When that happens I€™ll quickly rush it towards the pit.
    Justine: Well, hopefully it will work. Good luck.
    Lewis: Yeah, thanks.

Justine: Hey Steve, the draw has been made and you are up against the rookie known as Shadow Assassin!
    Steve: Well, I came fourth last year, but it looks like a tough opponent, indeed.
    Justine: Yes, and Lewis did say that he€™ll use the flip and clamp tactic on Clawdius.
    Steve: Yeah, but just remember, Clawdius has 4WD and a deadly crusher. So, hopefully this will be a good fight, and I will get under it before it gets under me, and rush it into the pit.
    Steve: Ta.

(BATTLE 4!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome€¦

SHADOW ASSASSIN!!!

E CLAWDIUS UNUM!!!

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

Booth 1: Lewis Matthews
    Booth 2: Steven McGregor

House Robots: Shunt and Mangled Metal€¦ ready and armed to take bots out of their misery.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

Shadow Assassin has that sword to hack up the opponent, but remember, Clawdius is the more experienced here, it came fourth last year. Shadow Assassin, now gets underneath the skirts of Clawdius, and€¦ whoa! It almost flipped over Clawdius that time! Now, Clawdius is fighting back, with the front static forks, and now, it gets underneath the back of Shadow Assassin, and it brings the crusher down! Now, it rams Shadow Assassin into the pit button! This could end here€¦ BUT WAIT! Clawdius eases its grip on Shadow Assassin and it escapes! What an interesting turn of events! Shadow Assassin immediately gets underneath the skirts of Clawdius again, lifting€¦ and flipping it! Now, Shadow Assassin tries to get underneath again, but Clawdius self-rights just in the nick of time! Now, Clawdius slams into Shadow Assassin€™s side skirts somehow, and clamps it! It drags Shadow Assassin into the capable spinning ring of Mangled Metal!
    CRASH!!!!
    OH! The side skirt is totally bent! That€™s trouble for Shadow Assassin, there! Now, Clawdius lets go of Shadow Assassin and now it fights back! Clawdius is in trouble, as it gets lifted up into the air by Shadow Assassin€™s lifting sword! Now, Shadow Assassin has flipped over Clawdius, and Clawdius is being dragged towards the pit, but it self-rights again, and escapes somehow! Great defence by the 3rd seeds there! Now Clawdius and Shadow Assassin chases each other around, and now, Shadow Assassin gets underneath again, and flips the 3rd Seeds over again, and Clawdius is in trouble but it self-rights and escapes barely! Now, it fights back, and Clawdius gets underneath the bent skirt of Shadow Assassin, and drags it towards the pit€¦ Now, will Shadow Assassin go down? YES! The 3rd Seeds proves itself worthy of its seeding!

CEASE!

Shadow Assassin came, saw, but didn€™t conquer.
    E Clawdius Unum goes through to the Heat B Final!!!

HEAT B FINAL
    Hannibal VS E Clawdius Unum

Tactics, Predictions, and a set of pencils please.

hey sam i think hannilbal might win this

as for tactics on heat c (i have ripper evo) im teaming up with marks d3 in a tag team oota (me and mark already
    disscussed the on a earlier page

Justine: All right, Leo, you are in the heat final again. Can you beat Clawdius?
    Leo: Uh... no? (Laughs) But I'll try my best anyway. If Hannibal can get under its skirts then I could flip it out ASAP, but I doubt that will happen.
    Justine: Mkay, tactics?
    Leo: Yeah, Hannibal will flip Clawdius out, and take on the house robots.
    Justine: You love taking on the house bots, don't you?
    Leo: No, I wouldn't say that, but I just have a tendency to do that sometimes.
    Justine: Haha. All right, good luck.
    Leo: Yeah, thanks. I'll definitely need it.

Justine: Right Steve, your third seeding is on the line, can you beat Hannibal?
    Steve: Absolutely. Hannibal is a Chaos 2 lookalike, and if memory serves me right, Razer actually beat Chaos 2 in Robot Wars. Also, Clawdius has got skirts all around which makes it hard to get under, and it's beaten some good flippers like GeForce, so hopefully, it will get the victory.
    Justine: All right, what is your tactic?
    Steve: Just grab and pit, that's the main thing to do really, and I'll also try to penetrate through the armour and get the CO2 tank blown up...
    Steve: Like I need it. :P
    Justine: Hahahaha!

(In the Commentary Booth)

Dan: So, Clawdius and Hannibal are two very good robots, indeed. They've come this far into the competition, but I think if Hannibal can get underneath Clawdius it would have a chance. However, Clawdius has got the crushability factor, and also the barbs to snag other robot's wheel holes. Also, Clawdius has beaten one of the mighty flippers, GeForce, in the past as well. So, quite a difficult decision for me to make here. But anyway, let's go and see which bot reigns supreme.

Sam: So, it all comes down to this. We've reached the climax of the heat... THE HEAT FINAL!!!

(HEAT FINAL!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome...

HANNIBAL!!!

Driven by Leo Van Miert, this machine looks amazing indeed, but will it survive the crushing factor?

E CLAWDIUS UNUM!!!

One word for this machine. DEVASTATING. The crushing beak is absolutely lethal. Very good machine, this.

Roboteers, Stand By...

Booth 1: Leo Van Miert
    Booth 2: Steve McGregor

Sparks fly and robots die with King Arthur and Sgt. Bash in this battle!

3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!!!

Two very good robots here, duking it out. Now, don't forget E Clawdius Unum's encounter with GeForce last year, where it beat GeForce by blowing up the CO2 tank, but hey! Look at this, Hannibal gets underneath the side of Clawdius somehow, and flips it over! Clawdius self-rights, and fights back! It now gets underneath the side of Hannibal, and immediately brings the crushing beak down, and it crunches through the armour! Ah, man, destruction already in the war zone, how lovely. BUT WAIT! Hannibal escapes with one side crunched, and now Hannibal gets underneath Clawdius again and carries it to the wall!
    FLIP!!!
    The 3rd Seed... just barely hangs on for dear life! Now, Clawdius bounces back into the arena with a thump, and my heart almost stopped that time, but Clawdius comes back to fight another day! Great defense, there! Now, both robots begin to chase each other around, and Hannibal gets underneath again and it carries Clawdius to the wall and FLIPS!!!
    FLIP!!!
    Again, Clawdius survives the attack for a second time! A great defense there by the 3rd seeds! Clawdius self-rights immediately. Both robots chase each other around again, and now it's Hannibal getting underneath the side skirts and flipping Clawdius! A great flip there by Hannibal, but Clawdius is oblivious to the attack! It rights itself immediately and goes after Hannibal! Clawdius chases and gets underneath Hannibal right now, and it crunches down again on its side! Hannibal fires its flipper and tries to escape but it can't seem to do so! Its wheels are turning, but it can't get away, due to the fact Clawdius's beak has grabbed hold of it tightly in its clutches and hoists it up in the air so effortlessly. Now, it drags Hannibal towards the pit button, and I assume it wants to end it already, but no! Hannibal gets away from the clutches of Clawdius somehow, and now it gets underneath again! Now Leo presses the flipper button, and Clawdius is flipped onto its side! Now, Clawdius is getting nudged towards the pit by Hannibal... the number 3 seeds, in danger here, but Clawdius self-rights again! What a turn of events this is! This would've been a terrible shock if the robot that came 4th last year went out here! Thank goodness that did not happen, and now, Clawdius lives to fight another moment or two! It turns and gets underneath Hannibal's side again and crunches down! Now Clawdius shoves Hannibal towards King Arthur's CPZ! Oh dear, this does not look good for Hannibal here... King Arthur comes in with the flywheel!
    CRASH!!!!
    Talk about damage! Hannibal loses some side armour, and now, Clawdius lets go of Hannibal. Hannibal is running in circles here, because I think that flywheel of King Arthur caused damage to not only on the outside, but on the inside as well. I always say, never underestimate the power of the house robots! Hannibal is trying everything possible to get out of the CPZ. Oh dear. Leo looks very nervous in the driver's booth there as he flicks the controls. King Arthur comes in for another blow!
    CRASH!!!
    Oh dear. There goes some more armour off of Hannibal, and it also gets flipped onto its back by the attack! Now, Hannibal self-rights, but it's still running in circles. Clawdius comes in, and smashes into the rear of Hannibal with the wedge, gets underneath and brings the crusher down! A gust of CO2 comes out which means the CO2 canister's been ruptured by the beak, and now Clawdius pushes Hannibal onto the arena saws! BZZT! Sparks fly, and the audience loves it! Clawdius now eases its grip on Hannibal and pushes it into King Arthur's CPZ and gets out of there for safety! Hannibal tries to get away, but...
    CRASH!!!!
    With a stomach-wrenching sound of crunching metal, King Arthur's flywheel knocks Hannibal senseless onto its back. Dear, oh dear... Leo frantically twiddles with the controls, but there's no one at home, and Hannibal has been immobilized. Leo puts the controls down and watches nervously as Refbot counts out the beaten machine that is Hannibal!
    1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10!!!
    Hannibal is eliminated, and Clawdius defends its seeding in tonight's heat. Leo finally smiles and claps, and Steve also smiles victoriously, as Hannibal is disposed by Sgt. Bash, which nibbles it with the pincers, and slowly pushes it towards the pit of doom... and Hannibal falls in! Well done to Steve... OI! Clawdius, what are you doing?! Clawdius gets underneath Sgt Bash, and pushes the sergeant near the pit as well, and Sgt. Bash's wheel is stuck on the edge! Leo and Steve both love the house robots getting embarrassed, it looks like! Haha!

CEASE!

Hannibal wasn't tough enough to beat the 3rd Seeds.
    E CLAWDIUS UNUM GOES THROUGH TO THE SERIES SEMI-FINALS!!!

Sam: Leo, m'lad. You were this close to beating him.
    Leo: Yes, I may have been beaten, but there's always next time.
    Sam: Yes, that's the spirit! Now, what went wrong?
    Leo: He had more experience and more control, and although I was close, I was crashed and bashed by Clawdius and the damn house robot.
    Sam: Well, King Arthur is a big bad boy, isn't he?
    Leo: Yeah, he's a little too big. Hahaha!
    Sam: Hahahaha. What are you going to do for the next heat?
    Leo: Hopefully, sharpen the blades for the discs on Symmetry. I'm not too confident, but hopefully, I will put up a good fight.
    Sam: All right, that's the spirit; ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for the amazing Leo Van Miert and his machine, the magnificient HANNIBAL!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS)
    Sam: Well, Steve-O mate. E Clawdius Unum is an old robot, but it is nonetheless one of the best robots of all time.
    Steve: Yes, I think so as well, but I've got to admit, that there are lots of BETTER robots out there. Hahahaha!
    Sam: Hahahaha. Anywho, what was your tactic for last battle?
    Steve: Well, nothing special, just doing what Clawdius does best. Grab and pit, that's all. I just wanted to soften it up before I pitted it so I pushed it into the saws and to the house robot.
    Sam: Great job on winning the heat. You think you can go all the way again?
    Steve: You bet.
    Sam: That's what we'd like to hear, yes sir! Ladies and gentlemen, what a superb competitor, let's all go crazy for your winner for Heat B, the awesome Steve McGregor and his wonderful machine, E CLAWDIUS UNUM!!!
    (CROWD CHEERS AGAIN)
    Sam: Well, E Clawdius Unum wins the heat and makes a dash for the coveted title of Robo-Bash! Good night.
    (CROWD CHEERS, Sam shakes hands with Leo and Steve)

Next time on Robo-Bash, we will eyewitness the return of the number 5 seeds, Gehenna, and 5 more robots which are desperate to take the seeded machine out: Ripper Evo, N^3, D3, Symmetry and V for Vendetta!

Heat C Draws
    Ripper Evo VS N^3 VS D3
    Symmetry VS V For Vendetta VS Gehenna

Tactics, Predictions, and a mocha frappucino from Starbucks please.

prediction n3 out (sorry whoever owns it) as me and mark are gonna tag oota you

i think the seed will win this heat, as long as i get to the heat final thats ok

N³ tactics: Go for nearest opponent, lift to break their traction, crush down to clamp them, don't let go, pit.

Register To Comment