Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robot fanfic im writing

hiya guys my fanfic is called robot wars vs battlebots

i have 2 ideas

the 1st is that battle bots have decided to take over the world with only europe standing in its way

or that battle bots move into a warehouse and live with the uk bots

what do think i should do

or should i do both?

never mind ive comfirmed it...

later today ill upload the trailer for it

...so this isn't a tournament? This section is made primarily for those, really.

Meh, welcome to the fanfic section, at any rate.

it ends up becoming a tournament with a deadly twist with the fate of europe in the balance

p.s. i know its all about tournaments but i wanna try something new

Oh, there's nothing wrong with making something other than a tournament, just saying fanfic is made primarily for those.

This idea sounds good, go for it.

glad your interested chapter 1 begins friday as it says in the (accidently long) trailer if you aint viewed here it is

hi death robotics, indeed most of the stuff here is about people entering fictive robots into fictive tournaments, as Kody pointed out, more on that can be found here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=2024, but other forms of fiction are more than welcome, looking forward to this, doing an actual trailer is very original, but a slight complaint I have on the video is that the text changes quite slowly, the viewer may lose his concentration because of that

a question, are you gonna involve the other members in the fanfic? either by letting us be characters, or robots, or by allowing us to in some way influence the course of the story, or will it purely be a story written by you?

sorry i made the trailer so long

and yes people can enter there robots into the story but if they want to be in the 1st chapter the dead lines is friday 10:am

Hmz...so we can enter our robots/vapourbots then? Good-o. I'm gonna give this a chance here. Send in a spot for Illusion of Dread please. For convenience, the stats and reference pic are below:

----

Illusion of Dread

Shape: Wedge with rounded rear.

Colour: Look at the pic; if you can't see it, or if it's just not loading, then think sea-colours. :P

Weight: 100kg

Drive: 2 S28-400 Magmotors run on 24v and geared 9:1.

Power: 4 NiCad Battlepacks on 24v

Motivation: 2WD, wheels are at the back; they're CNC hubs with urethane tires wrapped on 'em.

Speed: 13mph; geared for acceleration

Armour: A 5mm Ti/V monocoque, with 6mm titanium edges on each side. The flipper and spinner are both titanium, and the tubes surrounding the spinner are aluminium. Motors and wiring are shocked mounted to prevent recoil damage from the spinner's heavy hits; the aluminium tubes also play a role in this as they stabilize the spinner.

Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front (both at the flipper and wedge underneath), 5mm along the sides, and 10mm at the rear.

Dimensions in CM (LxWxH): 105 x 80 x 25

Weaponry: Similar to S5 Wild Thing. The main weapon is the spinning bar, powered by a Husqvarna chainsaw engine (and EV starter at 24v). It's got a max RPM of 4000, and at that, it can produce a whopping 302kJ! It takes about 7 seconds to get up to that speed, though. That's where the second weapon comes into play. It's a rear-hinged flipper, powered by a 80mm stroke 60mm bore double-sided ram, and a 1.5kg CO2 tank. It's not meant for power flipping, so it has limited power. It can flip about 150kg, but can right itself easily. The good news is that it has about 30 flips, so it can run the entire fight, most likely. The flipper's main niche is to protect the spinner and repel away rammers that like to stop spinning weapons, until the blade gets up to speed. Then I can fire the flipper and expose the spinner. The ram is put through the axle of the spinner so it can work.

Srimech: Flipper.

BIO: To be honest, I had completely forgot about Wild Thing when making this vapourbot, and it only now came to me that it kinda works like Wild Thing. Only it's much more powerful. And stuff.

Battle Record = 0 wins, 0 losses (0-0)
    Robots and Vapourbots Defeated = N/A
    Time of Activity = May 2009 - present
    Notable Achievements = None

Theme song = Contradiction by Sevendust

----

Hope this goes well.

kody its in

by the way would you be intrested in writing a backstory on your bot on what it was doing until its point of introduction

Register To Comment