Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Tournament

Are the rules like normal Robot Wars rules?

Anyway I'll enter Killobite Hex (sending him out for one last bout befoe he gets replaced). Stats somewhere on the link in my signature.

I'll enter Gabriel V, stats are on ZED

Hey Ben

Glad to see your starting your first fan fic

ill enter Tomb Raider stats are on ZED Team Raider

hehe I haven't entered one of these things for a while... why not?

Robot Name: The R.O.C (Revenge of Collateral)
    Shape: Box with wedges on all sides, the front wedge has a Firestorm-style blade for zero ground clearance
    Weight: 100kg
    Length: 80cm
    Width: 85cm
    Height: 15cm
    Motivation: 4 x internal vulcanised wheels, cambered like those of Tazbot for extra manouevrability
    Drive: 2 x PERM 080s run @ 24v
    Batteries: 2 x NiCad battlepacks
    Armour: 6-8mm grade 2 titanium for the most part, with 4mm hardox in key areas and 10mm HDPE on the base, with 4mm grade 2 titanium additional protection in key areas
    Weaponry: This robot has an interesting weapon synergy onvolving;
    1) A rear hinged lifting arm, hinged at the centre of the robot's length and width. It is powered by an S28-400 at 24v for quick lifting, and it can raise to 2 levels- 75 degrees when lifting and 270 degrees when it needs to self-right/reset the flipper. The arm raises in about half a second
    2) An upside down U-shaped front hinged flipper. The lifting arm is hinged in between the hinges of this weapon. It is powered by a 2 x 1.1kg co2 bottles and 2 x 85mm non-attached rams at 750psi, meaning it gets about 10-15 flips. Normally the rams wouldn't work when non-attached because of the way it is hinged, but the lifter will already be raised when the flipper is raised and so can quickly move back the rest of the way to reset the flipper
    The way the weapon synergy works is this- the lifter lifts the opponent to 75 degrees, then uses the flipper to throw them about 7 feet up and across because of the placing of flipper and lifter. Then the lifter resets the flipper.
    Speed: 15mph
    Turning Circle: 0
    Ground Clearance: 0 at the front, 7mm at sides and rear
    Srimech: The flipper can right the robot, but the lifter will be used to conserve gas (unless for some reason it can't be)
    Strengths: Weapon Synergy, good armour
    Weaknesses: No damaging weaponry

Register To Comment