Register To Comment
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: VRW Series 4

Time for round 2...

System Shock V: Hex (5) vs Walk Don't Run 5

Our house robots will be Shunt and Dead Metal.

This time, System Shock will be using the electrically actuated wedge.

3..2..1..Activate!!!

System Shock is clearly the quicker of the 2, as it runs out and shoves Walk Don't Run into the CPZ. Walk Don't Run is now axed by Shunt, but gets away, as its rim spins up rapidly. And as System Shock tries to get in underneath, the rim collides with the wedge of the 5th seed, throwing both back from the point of impact!!! Walk Don't Run is now stuck on the arena wall, but has gotten off, and is now shoving System Shock towards Dead Metal's CPZ. System Shock now enters the deathtrap, and is immediately cut into by Dead Metal. Well, actually more like scarred, as the house robot's sawblade won't cut into tough armour such as this. System Shock however escapes, as Walk Don't Run is allowed to spin up. The Samuel Park machine now runs into System Shock, and then runs away, only to hit the pit release button. System Shock is pretty badly beaten up, but it isn't out yet, as is tries to pit Walk Don't Run... and fails. However, a hit from Samuel's machine just so happened to knock Liam's left track over the pit. Walk Don't Run hits System Shock again, and finally, the 5th seed falls into the pit.

System Shock... Hmm... Shocking... (Get the joke, Liam?)

WALK DON'T RUN 5 MOVES ON TO THE HEAT FINAL!!!

----------------------------------------

Lockjaw v3 (10) vs Behemoth

Our house robots will be Mr. Psycho and Cassius Chrome.

3..2..1..Activate!!!

Now this is a rematch, since Lockjaw was pitted by Behemoth in series 1. And Lockjaw starts its revenge by using the claws to get under the side of Behemoth, and crushes down on the titanium. However, Behemoth manages to escape, and uses the scoop to lift up Lockjaw, who has atrocious ground clearance because it's an axlebot. Lockjaw is lifted into Cassius Chrome's CPZ, as those boxing gloves pound away at the hardox armour. A lucky jab damages the hydraulic ram for the left pincer, while scratches appear on the claws. Lockjaw now looks wrecked, for better lack of terms, as Behemoth uses the 10cm high wall to its advantage, hurling the 10th seed OOTA.

Lockjaw's jaws are locked up...

BEHEMOTH MOVES ON TO THE HEAT FINAL!!!

Heat Final:

Behemoth vs Walk Don't Run 5

...you're worse than Elliot, I swear to the Lord above...

First battle...

1) System Shock can easily outpush a SHUFFLING, CYLINDRICAL spinner.

2) How does System Shock get easily beaten up within TWO hits?

3) How did Walk Don't Run get stuck on the wall? And how in bloody hell could it have gotten off by itself, IF IT WAS STUCK?

4) How can Walk Don't Run run into System Shock? Isn't System Shock FASTER, and more likely run into IT?

5) So...damn...short...

Second battle...

1) How can LockJaw be wrecked...by Cassius Chrome, of all things? That one just completely defeats me...

2) So...damn...short...worse...than...the...last...on e...flurgle...

It seems to me like you want your favourites to go through, like Elliot did. That, I repeat, is not how vapourbots is supposed to work. It's the ones that can and will win over their opponents that are supposed to go through. Case in point: C&B2. SUNCUST wasn't really a favourite of mine, but it was very easily able to beat a lot of robots, before the semis, and even then it had advantages over Killotine: EVO, a well-respected veteran vapourbot.

Learn to study stats properly.

Quote Originally Posted by corsair_lightning
    And in comes Mega Hurts, immediately charging into the pit release button, as Behemoth flips Cabrakan, and hits it with the axe, creating a small dent underneath. And in charges System Shock: The veteran of all 3 previous wars, as it spins up the drum, and charges straight into Behemoth's scoop. Sparks fly, as the Series 1 grand finalist's scoop is shredded by the Achilles-Drum of System Shock. Cabrakan now gets under Mega Hurts, and charges into the CPZ, pushing Mega Hurts into Cyclone... And look at that shrapnel fly!!! The electrically actuated keyboard is thrown across the arena, as the side crumples, and Mega Hurts still moves!!! Behemoth now comes over and flips over Mega Hurts, who can't self-right, or move for that matter, as the Guardian comes in and counts it out.
    1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10!!!
    And now Mega Hurts L.T is fair game for the house robots, and Gearcrow comes in and clamps down on the immobile Laptop, as Cyclone comes in... And hits it with tremendous force!!! Both Mega Hurts and Gearcrow are thrown back by Cyclone's hit, as they ricochet into the wall... And out of the arena goes both of them!!! Meanwhile, Cabrakan has gotten under the side of Behemoth, and is now pushing into the half-spun up Cyclone, throwing it away. However, Behemoth now picks up Cabrakan with its scoop, and pushes Cabrakan OOTA, as it itself is pushed OOTA by System Shock!!! However, since it pushed Cabrakan out first, Behemoth with still go through.
    ...I can see at least eight glaring major errors here...Mark, can you please point out to me what they are, to prove you are at least capable of seeing the flaws in your own work in order to improve it?

(please bear in mind that while you undoubtedly know what exactly is going on with everything in your fights, you need to communicate what's happening to the rest of the people reading otherwise they don't have a copulating clue)

Thank you for pointing out those flaws, Kody and Joey. Add that to the fact that school has started for me, and I feel very lowly motivated to do anything with this, and it means only 1 thing...

THE VRW SERIES 4 HYPO:

Heat A

Whiplash (1) vs Iron Awe 5 vs Starfire the 4th vs Elizabeth

Maximum Genocide (6) vs Firestorm 5 vs 259 vs Blue Hurricane

Whiplash (1) vs Firestorm 5

Starfire the 4th vs Maximum Genocide (6)

Whiplash (1) vs Starfire the 4th

Heat B

Storm II (2) vs Boxx vs Terra the 2nd vs Gravity 5

Brutalis 2.1 (7) vs Hyper Death IC vs Mythras vs Plunderbird 5

Storm II (2) vs Hyper Death IC

Gravity 5 vs Brutalis 2.1 (7)

Storm II (2) vs Brutalis 2.1 (7)

Heat C

Apocalypse II (3) vs Envy vs Tsunami vs Cyborg 4

The 2nd Revenge of Black Death ( vs Gyrobot vs Terrorhurtz vs Tornado

Apocalypse II (3) vs The 2nd Revenge of Black Death (

Tornado vs Envy

Apocalypse II (3) vs Envy

Heat D

Next Stop, Jupiter (4) vs Ringmaster vs Tilly Evo vs Typhoon 2 GS

CrOoKeD eVo (9) vs Vader vs Beast Boy 4 vs Anarchy

Next Stop, Jupiter (4) vs Beast Boy 4

Tilly Evo vs CrOoKeD eVo (9)

CrOoKeD eVo (9) vs Beast Boy 4

Heat E

System Shock V: Hex (5) vs Mega Hurts L.T vs Cabrakan vs Behemoth

Lockjaw v3 (10) vs Bigger Brother vs Walk Don't Run 5 vs Raven the 4th

System Shock V: Hex (5) vs Walk Don't Run 5

Lockjaw v3 (10) vs Behemoth

Walk Don't Run 5 vs Behemoth

Heat F

Deathyboy vs Oh! I'm Dizzy! vs Neo-Mecha vs Pussycat

Pickaxe of Doom vs Razer vs Robin the 4th vs Dantomkia

Neo-Mecha vs Razer

Oh! I'm Dizzy! vs Robin the 4th

Neo-Mecha vs Robin the 4th

Semi Finals:

Starfire the 4th vs Brutalis 2.1 (7)

Apocalypse II (3) vs CrOoKeD eVo (9)

Neo-Mecha vs Behemoth

Losers' Melee:

Brutalis 2.1 (7) vs Behemoth vs CrOoKeD eVo

Grand Final Eliminators:

Starfire the 4th vs Apocalypse II (3)

Brutalis 2.1 (7) vs Neo-Mecha

3rd Place Playoff:

Neo-Mecha vs Apocalypse II (3)

Grand Final:

STARFIRE THE 4TH vs Brutalis 2.1 (7)

The first ever(and only) VRW Awards:

Most Original Entry: Starfire the 4th

Best Engineered Entry: Next Stop, Jupiter (4)

Most Promising Newcomer: Harry Orr (with Tilly Evo)

Sportsmanship Award: Devon Clouston/Kody Kunz (with Starfire the 4th)

The seeds(should I dare try anything like this again):

1: Starfire the 4th (Veteran from VRW 1)
    2: Brutalis 2.1 (7)
    3: Neo-Mecha (Newcomer)
    4: Apocalypse II (3)
    5: Behemoth (Series 1 Grand Finalist)
    6: CrOoKeD eVo (9)
    7: Whiplash (1)
    8: Storm II (2)
    9: Robin the 4th (Newcomer)
    10: Envy (Veteran from VRW 2)
    11: Walk Don't Run 5 (Newcomer)
    12: Beast Boy 4 (Newcomer)
    13: Maximum Genocide (6)
    14: Gravity 5 (Veteran from VRW 1, I think)
    15: Razer (I think Newcomer...)
    16: Hyper Death IC (Newcomer)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who entered this twisted tourney. I promise I won't make one again(unless I'm really desperate or FanFic needs another tourney. Anyways, commiserations to Kody for picking up the win, to Liam for returning, a special one to Harry Orr(since this was his first time competing), Pete(Also his first time), and Sam for coming back to defend his title.

Anyways... *Fades into shadows while funeral music plays*

Register To Comment