Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Vapourbots Association League 2 - A fresh start

That arena looks pretty spiffy, I've got to say, AJ.

I should warn you all that the next fortnight or so is pretty hectic for me. I've got a funeral to attend on Thursday and I'm going away on Friday for another week of jaunting around the railways of Wales, but I'll see if I can knock out a quick fight before I go.

...And here it is!

FIGHTING VAPOURBOT ASSOCIATION LEAGUE 2
    ROUND 1
    BATTLE 1
    B.I.A.C.S-IS OF EVIL-UTION Vs GABRIEL V

FROM DADFORD, B.I.A.C.S-IS OF EVIL-UTION!
    (Represented by Matthew Fowler)
    Quite possibly the oddest bot we've seen in a long while. B.I.A.C.S-is may look like a tall, passive pyramid, but those four walls are actually enormous, rear-hinged lifting arms! The real robot lurks underneath - a cross-shaped machine with a 2450rpm spinning disc mounted on the top! The arms can self-right the bot from any position, and the titanium shell and Hardox arms should hold up well to any punishment. There's little push in the two wheels, however, and with top speeds of only 9mph, this Bull in a China Shop could well be put out to pasture!

FROM PONTEFRACT, IN YORKSHIRE, GABRIEL V!
    (Represented by Joey McConnell)
    There's nothing heavenly about this machine, a skirted triangular wedge with a full-pressure, forward-hinged flipping arm. Gabriel can flip nearly three tonnes with ease and even turn itself into a thwackbot, with its great manoueverability and two side spikes near the front. The shell is mostly 4mm Hardox, with a hardened steel nose cone to better scrape under its opponents and two large 'ears' to prevent robots driving right over it. It's nippy at 16mph, but that could lead to some control issues and if the CO2 runs out, Gabriel will be flying on a wing and a prayer!

House Robots - Dead Metal & Shunt

Roboteers, stand by...
    ACTIVATE!

There's the green light from Refbot! Let FVAL2 begin!
    And our first fight is off to a tentative start, as our two competitors size each other up. Joey seems a little unsure on how to make his first move. You don't fight a bot like B.I.A.C.S-is of Evil-ution every day, after all. Both robots meet in the arena centre, each trying to get underneath the other. Gabriel may be the quicker of the two, but it's having a hard time getting under B.I.A.C.S-is' lifting skirts. B.I.A.C.S-is, on the other hand, has bumped into Gabriel's left 'ear' - prime real estate for flippers and tippers! Matty activates the lifters and Gabriel's left-hand side is raised off the ground! B.I.A.C.S-is begins to push its wasp-like opponent, but a flick of the flipper puts Gabriel back on solid ground! Matty quickly starts lowering the lifters, but proves too slow for Gabriel, who charges into the cross-shaped heart of B.I.A.C.S-is! The unusual bot's spinning disc bites into Gabriel's side, slicing the hazard-stripe paintwork! B.I.A.C.S-is attempts an escape, engulfing Gabriel in its own skirts in the process! Joey fires the flipper, but B.I.A.C.S-is' awkward shape is making it difficult to topple from within - and I'm almost lost for words to describe what's happening here! B.I.A.C.S-is twirling and hopping about the middle of the ring like a terrified spinster with a bat up her nightdress! I had a feeling this fight might take a turn into the surreal...
    Matty soon decides that this is getting him nowhere fast and raises the arms slightly, allowing Gabriel to slip free. The four lifters immediately return to their normal positions, shielding the disc as it begins revving up to top speed. Both bots are now dancing near the bottom of the arena and they'd better be careful - the House Robots are but a stone's throw away. Joey decides to use this to his advantage and swings Gabriel around, reversing it into B.I.A.C.S-is' side. Gabriel's wheels dig into the Hardox floor and, slowly but surely, pushes B.I.A.C.S-is into the opened pincers of Dead Metal! The sparks fly as the House Robot's circular saw begins chewing the paint off of a lifting arm! Matty tries to lift Dead Metal out of the way, but in comes Shunt to lend a hand - or an axe, in this case! B.I.A.C.S-is is knocked out of Dead Metal's clutches, but receives a pair of punishing hammer blows for its troubles! Matty hurridly regains control and manouevers B.I.A.C.S-is out of the patrol area, arms raising to reveal the fearsome spinning disc! Gabriel tries to push B.I.A.C.S-is back in, but narrowly misses its mark, taking a quick slide from its disc in the process! Gabriel spins round for another charge and clips B.I.A.C.S-is, slowing the disc down on impact! Matty begins lowering the arms to spin up the blade, but here comes Gabriel with a head-on attack! The wasp-like machine crashes into B.I.A.C.S-is, halting the disc altogether, and slams its unusual opponent into the western wall! Joey fires the flipper, B.I.A.C.S-is rocks and rolls...and topples onto its side with a terrible clatter! Matty immediately activates the arms to self-right, but Gabriel is already in and underneath! Another flip keeps B.I.A.C.S-is down as Joey pushes the bizarre bot up the arena, straight towards the Pit! Matty hurridly tries to re-right his machine, but one last flip from Gabriel sees B.I.A.C.S-is tumble into oblivion like an umbrella in the wind!

CEASE!

B.I.A.C.S-is' theory of Evil-ution proves to be a load of bull'!
    GABRIEL V GOES THROUGH TO ROUND 2!

Hope that was a decent enough debut for the tourny. I'll see what I can do about getting Jinx VS Under Pressure done tonight or tomorrow, but don't hold your breath. :wink:

EDIT: Hooray, 900th post!

w00t, great fight and a good start to the tourney by Steve.

Brilliant start to FVAL2, Steve-O.

It has: me.

So let's get started!

FIGHTING VAPOURBOTS ASSOCIATION LEAGUE 2
    Round 1, Battle 2
    Dervish: The 1337 Generation vs. Mornington Crescent

pripar 2 b pwned, nubs, its Dervish: The 1337 Generation! leet speak aside, it's got a nasty 22kg LEM-powered egg-beater weapon situated between two enormous Hardox wheelpods, in which is the 2WD powered by overvolted S28-400 MagMotors. Those same pods are pointed so the spinner can't fall on it side, and also help stabilize the spinner ala Barberous. However, the given dimensions look quite hindering and its motors could be quite cooked during the battle; culd Dervish B foield agian?!

Don't try walking down Mornington Crescent at night, or else you'll face this bot's wrath, courtesy of two heavy spinning rings! They spin opposite each other , helping to stabilize it, and are each LEM powered and made of Hardox, as is the rest of the armour. Its motors are the same as its opponent, though not overvolted, but it has invertible 4WD to make up for that. However, being invertible, it's exposed from above, meaning Shunt or Dead Metal could have a go at its wheels...has this road been closed?

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots are the not-so-courteous Sir Killalot with the lance and claw, and the eeeevil red eyes...oooh, and there's Mr. Psycho, too...

ACTIVATE!

A faster start...from Mornington Crescent! The higher speed helps it come out faster and get its spinning rings...spinning! But what else is spinning? Dervish: The 1337 Generation's egg-beater weapon, of course! It's taken hardly any time at all for the spinners to get going, and they look a sight for sore eyes...said eyes are about to be tormented further!

CRASH!!!

Wait...what?! Unbelievable! Dervish has been sent flying, its eggbeater not even connecting with Mornington Crescent's spinning rings! His wheelpods, however, have taken a huge hit from the lower ring and are a bit dented up...this doesn't look good for Daniel! Dervish moves back into play, to find that the Crescent's obviously got the life of a rock'n'rolla, still swinging and spinning around! Hurriedly Dan tries to connect again, and puts a heavy slam on the horizontal spinner!

CRASH!

A bit less phenomenal than the first hit, but Dervish has taken advantage! And now he has it! The wheel pod absorbed the blow from the lower ring and sent Steve's spinner right up onto it! Quickly Daniel turns and tries to bring his beater into play...THUMPTHUMPTHUMP! It's hitting...but not having much effect, other than assisting Steve in getting his machine off of the wheel pod! Dervish however is having none of that and quickly rams the Crescent again. He tries to turn and bring Mornington towards the pit but is having difficulty doing so, and instead drives him straight into the wall!

CRASH!!!

And finally the upper ring of Mornington Crescent makes contact with something! Pity it wasn't Dervish! The Crescent finds itself flung back across the arena, near the pit area, and in dangerously close promixity to one of the arena hammers! And it's about to get even worse, as Dervish flies across the arena as fast as he can...Steve doesn't plan on having it worse however and strafes away! Daniel pulls back at the last second and narrowly avoids a hammer blow! What he doesn't avoid, however, is a huge slam from Mornington Crescent!

CRASH!!!

And ironically that sends Dervish into range of the hammer! It comes down and gets all like a smithy, pounding and bending the iron, or rather, Hardox! Thing is, even for a hammer that size it'll take a lot of pounding to even narrowly damage 4mm Hardox! What's it done to the wheel, however? I wonder...Mornington Crescent doesn't wonder; in fact he's back on the attack! Mornington Crescent tries to turn, and...the hammer hits the beater! At the same time Steve's robot mashes the wheel pod's side!

CRASH!!! CRASH!!!

Oh...dear. That's stopped the beater...but what's happened to the hammer? Ah...it has stopped Mornington Crescent from throwing Dervish into the wal, but that's about the only thing it's done...speaking of Mornington, it's slashed away at the wheel pod and caused some decent dents from both spinning rings...Dervish however comes back, and rams it all the way across the...what's happened to the hammer, I repeat?! It's drooped down, resting its head on the ground! Dervish has destroyed our hammer! We will remember this! Daniel doesn't hear our cries of rage, he's busy pushing Steve into the patrol zone, where the two big boys of the house robots have come to play! And they play hard, boys! Sir Killalot rams into the Crescent, scarfing him up with the pincer and trying to crush...but you won't have much luck there, knight of the realm, as 3.5mm Hardox is tough to crack! Not to worry, Mr. Psycho wants a piece of the action as well! Whoa! He's also gripped Mornington Crescent, with his own claw! Now the two mighty house robots are backing away, unnnngh, trying to tear the spinner in two! And Dervish is just waiting, waiting, WAITING for something to happen, right on the lip of the zone. ...is that...?! It is! Mr. Psycho has found a wheel! And it's flattened! Look at that, the bottom of the claw just pressuring into the tire and squishing it! A small and steadily widening grin steals over Dan's face, as Steve looks on, eyes frantic. At last, Mr. Psycho releases the dual spinner, who slides from Sir Killalot's grasp and starts spinning from within the zone...Dervish waits, however, unwilling to attack while his opponent lurks in the zone...

Eventually, Mornington Crescent is forced to exit the patrol zone, lest the house robots return to the punching bag, but with a minused wheel, he's looking mightily unstable even for counteracting spinners...Dervish decides to take a full-on approach, and backs off as the Crescent slowly makes its way away from the zone and into the center of the arena...which is just fine by Dervish! The axlebot slams straight into Mornington without even the slightest regret!

CRASH!

Hey look! It's Mauler 5150! No, it's just a red and blue ring spinner going into one of the craziest spins I've ever seen! The lower ring stopped when it hit Dervish, with little to no damage being caused; with a hobbled wheel and no counteracting agent, the upper ring spun Mornington Crescent into a psychadelic triple...quad - no, quintuple lutz! Now Dervish looks happy, and so rams the now unstable spinner, sending it onto the wheel pods with no escape route in sight! Hurriedly Dervish heads for the pit...and it looks like he's going to get there! Mornington tries to spin, and Steve works the control as best he can, but there's nothing left, as Dervish completes the trip, and causes a great upset as Mornington Crescent hits rock-bottom!

CEASE!

Mornington Crescent is forced to take a detour back to driving school!
    Dervish: The 1337 Generation advances to Round 2!

Next battle: E Clawdius Unum vs. Gehenna

----

Hope that sates your appetite for destruction.

Ok, can we please do this properly?
    The who writes what has been messy from the start, I claimed Assegai vs Crooked (and my own battle, as a joke), read in a later post Leo'd take Assegai vs Crooked, appearantly decided on MSN, and that it was logical Id take over Sam's battles since Sam cant write as a non-participant, one of these battles being Dervish vs Mornington Crescent. This was confirmed to me over MSN and I said I agreed since I actually like these battles, and yes, I actually started writing it because according to what can be understood from the posts in this topic I'd write that battle and nothing ever said this was gonna be otherwise, now why do I see Kody say he's assigned to this battle? I considered suggesting someone posting a clear table of who writes what but decided against it because despite it being messy, afaik all the info on this could be found in the posts here, but appearantly thats not true, so can someone please clear this up? I do expect to write N to the power of 3 vs Axeon.

Edited away some caps, that was overdoing it a bit

Err...I had no idea that you had been assigned this fight; no one told me at all anyway.

Regardless, very sorry about that.

Mkay, after some MSN-talk here and there appearantly Joey forgot he asked me to write Dervish vs Mornington, as was agreed on after an MSN-convo about this quote Joey made a while ago on this forum
    so you would naturally take over the ones Sam claimed? if that's okay with you mate?
    This is annoying because I now wrote half a battle for nothing and cant write an otherwise exciting battle, but its only human and also this gave me the chance to read an even more exciting version by Kody. Buuuuuuuuuut because of this I took the liberty of making a list with the battles and their assigned writers ACCORDING TO MY INTEL . If anyone thinks this list is incomplete or incorrect, feel free to respond. I am part of the organising committee after all .

Gabriel V vs. B.I.A.C.S.-I.S - Steven
    Dervish: The 1337 Generation vs. Mornington Crescent - Kody
    E Clawdius Unum vs. Gehenna - Joey
    Under Pressure vs. Jinx - Steven
    Shovearound 3 vs. Back To Rock III - Kody/Leo?
    CroOkED eVo vs. Assegai - Leo?
    N³ vs. Axeon 4.0 - Martijn?
    O.I.D. vs. G.B.O.D. - Andrew
    Skullcrusher vs. Lethal Weapon - Jack
    Black Panther vs. Seung Mina VI - Andrew
    The Kill Point vs. Monsoon Season - Jack
    Holepunch 2.0 vs. Darkestar - ???

Im sorry to everyone if I sounded more annoyed than I wanted to sound. Its not a huge catastrophe and tbf also the nature of a tournament in this style, its a great expirement and shouldnt be written off because of 1 missunderstanding
    Im also sorry I didnt respond to Andy's post (that I noticed only today) saying he doesnt know if the battle has been assigned yet, if I replied to that earlier this stuff could have been prevented too.

Register To Comment