Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex's Fourtress - Mini Tourny

That right, against all probability I'm writing a *new* vapour tourny. No, this isn't some kind of Cthulian awakening that'll cause people's minds to collapse in on themselves in despair. Probably about the same level of probability, but it's not *quite* that bad.

Anyway, to have a tournament so miniture even I can finish it in one sitting - there shall be four spaces only. Hence the dreadful punning name. Four spaces, one robot each, no reservations. If you want to give tactics, give brief tactics against your 3 potential opponents, don't wait for me to do draws as I'm going to write this in one sitting.

Standard rules apply, and a newly modified version of my classic VGC arena.
    I'm too lazy to illustrate it, but essentially, it is a square with my classic 5ft thick tungsten walls, and instead of 1 side of the arena being a pit, now it is every corner, going up about 1/4ish the length of the wall. The bit goes down into the deepesh abyss of the netherworlds. Or a few feet onto some chipboard matting, whichever you prefer.

Also, as this is meant to be quick, I'm not going to go back to you if I have questions about your stats, because I shouldn't have to. I'll write them as I read them and carry that to any logical conclusions it needs to, so that serves as incentive for nice tightly wording.

Now - entries please - first come first serve.

I will enter this one with Under Pressure http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... =thvapours

Gabriel V please

http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... 164&page=1

!!!!!!!

...beaten by Mark. Oh the shame...

Nah, it's okay. :P

Tactics:

Under Pressure: The shape of the robot should make the jaws slide up the skirts, up the front, and be useless as they meet right above the flipper...in theory. Even considering that, avoid the jaws just in case I turn out to be talking bollocks :P and get it around the sides and back if possible, flip it around and over the edge if possible.

Tallit: Don't fall for Mark's luring into the pit - keep the action towards the centre and flip it around, get it with the spikes a few times, and generally I have the capacity to jolt it around a bit more with powerful flips and also do more damage than it can. Use flips sparingly after the first two or three though since I want my gas to last the whole fight; revert to ramming and spiking after that and only use the flipper to either self right or if a golden opportunity to pit it comes along. Generally rack up points for damage and aggression for the judges. (If he stays in the corner, go thwackbot and build up rotational energy until he has to come over :P)

Axeon 3.0: Avoid as much as possible the area between the front prongs, go for the sides and rear, ram it, flip it, spike it, pit it, push it, pin it, tumble it, flick it, stop that pigeon NOW!

Best of luck Kody and Andy, and, uh, Mark as well I guess.

Register To Comment