Register To Comment
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Active Weapon Proposal

What I posted above is not an opinion it is a fact, although at the time I was not a governing body member I was at the meeting. So wether or not I am a GB member it is still true.

If the issue of us posting on personal accounts concerns others please say I can bring it up on Saturday, im sure its not difficult to have two accounts (Kane - would we need to have a second email address to register a second account?)

Roboteer

Hi Paul,there already is a list of the Governing Body.If you check the FRA front page and click on the contact section at the top the full list is there.
    Clive
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Roboteer

No probs Paul, I wonder though how many users of the forum aren't aware of what is on the front page and just use the forum ( myself included i must add )
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

tbh I like seeing good rammers slam robots around; a box/wedge smashing another robot at 25mph into a wall and seeing them fly from the impact is good enough. Storm II made enough noise with Steel Avenger, Firestorm, Tornado and Typhoon 2. And it hardly used its actual weapon it equipped. Heck, Tornado itself with its 10mph was quite the good one. Proof that rammers can be just as exciting as other robots.

(though I also like good spinners, axes, flippers, crushers, etc. )

That aside, can we not be varied, people? If a roboteer wants to make their robot the way they want it, even if it's a passive rammer, you shouldn't have the right to reject it from a tournament it wants to enter. Let the audience decide how popular they should be instead of taking matters out of the roboteers' hands.

I was just stating my opinion, really...

Register To Comment