Register To Comment
Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

lol only because you havnt touched it in 2 years- get it sorted! btw grant can i come into the works soon and use the lathe..Gotta turn a new selfwrighter arm up from ti

Dave, any idea when the disc is coming my way?

Just waiting for the centre of the disc to come back from being painted- then i want to trial test it on the chassis before i send it off as the bottom of the disc might run abit to close to the front wheels.. if it runs ok then ill get it sent of to you- hopefully next week some time

A little update..

Just ordered a new hyperion 6S 35c lipo- there ment to be quite good and are the latest out so hopefully they will do the job. reduced pack size from 5000mah down to 3300mah- 5amp was way OTT for what i was pulling, especialy on the higher voltage.

So 360 is going from 14.8v upto 22.2v meaning a theoretical increase from 4709RPM upto a theoretical speed of 7063RPM.. in reality its probably half that though so i wouldnt worry to much :twisted:

Also had to order a new balancer- so my old thunderpower 2-4s balancer is up for grabs if anyone wants it?

Sorted the new selfwrighting gears and made a new arm from a piece of ti that i heated up and bent into shape instead of the weak ali tube which broke.

Also im fearing the weight limit might finaly be getting closer, so ive ordered some carbon fibre sheet from carbonmods to replace some of the aluminium bits.

Could do with ordering some new brushless esc's but im sick of spending money on speed controllers so ill order them next week or somthing when im feeling enthusiastic..

lookin cool, you'll be near unbeatable with your self righter working

jus need to sort out a way to get back into the arena:P

keep us updated

Toms finnished the spiral. looks cool;

paint job looks good, i wonna see what it looks like while spinning so take a video

Wont be spinning for a week or two yet atleast. Just ordered myself two new ESC's from America for it, Im told there the best going and they actually can be repaired when i blow them up... My 19th and 20th esc.. and they cost 666dollar's together... getting bored of this now if they dont work i quit and im getting a magmotor.

On the upside though, they have ajustable current limiting, motor timing settings and all sorts of other stuff built in and are quite lightweight for a 160a esc. (120a overall more then any esc ive used before in 360) so fingures crossed. http://www.castlecreations.com/products ... ce_hv.html

Also Dave Gambles got my H5's now so he will be looking at those in the next few weeks for me to get my selfwrighter all done.

And Kenny should be machining my new rear axles within the next day or two after tiny toon broke one of my old ones.

Yeah ive been trying to save for a nissan s14a for about a year, keep spending money trying to get this thing reliable first though. Ah well.

Register To Comment