Register To Comment
Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

15'000 RPM!!! That is completely insane How on earth will you combat that gyroscopic forces? I just cant see you you will keep it on the ground... super-strong neodymium magnets?

Just makes it more of a challenge to drive... Can't be any worse then 360 to control

that drum looks slick, what's the diameter? also are you not worried about engagement issues at such high rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    Just makes it more of a challenge to drive... Can't be any worse then 360 to control
    Good point

Jonny - 95mm OD, don't really know about engagement.... Might be a bit crap.. But when it does grip it should be pretty impressive...

No idea on the KE it will deliver, but from what Gary has told me... It'll make bonner look like a toy :P

And yeah... In runner... Castle creations neu 2200kv... I used to be the only person using scorpion motors... Now everyone has them... So thought I'd try something else.

what kind of reduction are you running, you dont need as big a reduction with say a 120mm a drum as you do with 200mm disc? If they weigh the same... ummm I dont know...

Thats right yeah... using a scorpion hk4025 890kv on 6s in 540 proved that... the beater on that was close to 2kg and it span up to 8000rpm in 1 second on 2.5:1 and pulled like 40a....

Gone for around 2.9:1 in this one, with a higher KV (2200) depending on how charged the lipo is i guess it'll spin upto 14-15k in 3 seconds ish.

Drums and beaters are able to spin up far quicker simply because they have a lower moment of intertia (essentially more of the mass is closer to the center of rotation than a comparible weighted disc). This has advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is that it spins up quicker however you have to spin it to a higher speed to get the same kinetic energy as a comparible weighted disc.

Spinning at such a high RPM will be an interesting experiment certainly but you will have to be careful that bearings etc are rated for such speeds and whilst it won't be an issue for you Dave, the machining has to be top notch as any misalignment or friction in the system will cause a spectacular premature failure.

Yeah, we are going to have to be extremely careful that everything lines up properly!

What is the difference between the HK-40's and the HK-50's? [Besides 200g and $150!] I am guessing the 50's provide more torque but I know that you cant give a maximum torque for a brushless motor as the torque drops the faster it spin's.

Or could you drop to a 1100kV HK 30 to save some money and still be able to make an effective weapon out of it?

Register To Comment