Register To Comment
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Troubles Robot Projects

thats a good point, and also with it being tag team- that means mabye even less chance of meeting a nasty horizontal spinny thing.- i would say the team im most afraid of would be tom and dave, but i will have a few tricks up my sleve- or on the robot:P which will hopefully sort them out.

but im hoping for a drum on drum fight against drumroll though at some point to see who has the best drum

and the wheels will be some either 150 or 160mm ones that grants sorting for me, i think they are similar to the smaller blue ones.

to think aswell that hydra was sent flying easily 5 foot or so into the air by gravity shows how strong it must be

did some more today, added a bulk head at the back, and i've drilled and cut each ali bulk head to take a drill motor bracket and i've also cut a bit of a weight saving shape out of each one aswell.

i've added a picture below, now the total weight is 5kg, including the drill motor i've loosley shoved in there just to see how things were going to look space wise. then add the drum which will weigh about 3kg or so (precision:P) add the batteries- 1.5kg = 9.5kg then the rest on wheels, more armour, speed controllers and the drum shaft etc etc so hopefully it should make the weight.

i didn't like doing it but i've came to the decision of no wheel protection so i've cut the ali base plate back to each ali bulk head. i did a bit of working out and to have wheel protection with the 15mm hdpe would weigh about 800g and i decided that would be better spent making the rest of the robot more solid with more layers of armour.

i don't know if im happy with the shape any more as i think its going to look a bit square, but mabye in time ill learn to like it

[attachment=1:1y3id5mi]DSC02527.JPG[/attachment:1y3id5mi]

[attachment=0:1y3id5mi]DSC02528.JPG[/attachment:1y3id5mi]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good... well for a vert anyways
    Nah it is looking good, and very strong. Take a few spare drill motors and wheels just incase eh?

i don't know if im happy with the shape any more as i think its going to look a bit square, but mabye in time ill learn to like it
    Lol, that's how I felt with the new Drumroll chassis, and partly the reason why I've gone back to the old chassis until I redesign the new one.

Looking good so far

thanks for the comments

i've been doing a bit more today, nothing major thou, a bit of filing and thinking about the internal layout. my weapon motor speedo came today aswell so really i've got all in internals now, just a case of finishing the robots its self off

i've either got some 12 volt drills or some 9.6 volt drills, and im undecided on which to go with, with the 9.6 i could run those off a seperate battery pack from the drum batteries - the drum is going to run off 2 12 volt nimh packs,

if i went with the 12 volt drills and used another 12v pack thats another 750g where as the 8.4 volt ones are lighter------------ do any of you think its worth having a seperate battery pack for the robots drive? or is it just a waste of weight?

also aswell in the drill motors - well in the 9.6 ones anyway, im not sure about the 12v ones- theres some plastic gears are they likley to break?

id say to go for running things off the same set of batteries less complex and they shouldn't run out in a few minute fight

the gears, i had problems with plastic gears but its only if you put them under conditions where they are likely to strip themeselves. if you do strip a gear it can cause the motor to work in effectivly so you dont want a bot which only does circles and whens its a spinner you want as much battle time as poss

more pics would be great of your progress

alex

ah right ok, well ill leave the plastic ones in for now and test drive the hell out of it:P to see what happens- if they break ill have to sort some metal gears out.

i just realised my last post didn't make sence, i ment if i used 12v drill motors i was thinking about then using a seperate 12v battery pack- or with the 9.6v drills i ment that i would use a seperate 8.4 volt battery (as i've got loads sitting in my room)- meaning it would be lighter. but with what you've said ill just go with the 12 volt drills and stick to the pair of 12v batteries. hopefully now that make more sense

Plastic gears should be ok, Iv always kept them, Besides when the wheel gets ripped of by a horizontal it wont matter if your gears are intact or not. I still dont even have a working robot yet, Evo is still as a pulled it out of the arena at the uk champs pretty much, Drive motor broke and a blown relay or battle switch, and the gearbox for the spinner has a stiff point.
    Oh and 2 of my radio gear are broken, One dropped TX one TX that just doesnt work for some unknown reason and one blown RX. And ill be ordering that plastic for ya tomorrow, havent had chance to call em yet.

How long before we see a test video?

lol just wait, will be the end of horizontals in sept:P

as for a video ill film one in a few weeks or before when its finished, i've got a microwave and a wooden cd stogare box thing to test it on which ill do on my local park early one morning.- im looking forward to that

and thanks for the plastic should stop that hori........horizon , i can't say that word seems wrong to say it, so ill just say it will stop your non vertical disky thingy nicley

Register To Comment