Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FRFFT: Series Three

N³ please, representing the United Kingdom, stats on ZED

Let's have Bandwagon, representing the USA, shall we?

Bandwagon (Active)
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: A quite complex box-wedge. The box shape itself is angled 10 degrees towards the wedge, which itself is angled at 45 degrees. The entire shape's edges are rounded to protect against spinners, while the back is rounded to prevent stranding.
    Colour: Chrome. The flipper is red, while the skirts are blue.
    Dimensions: 100cm x 80cm x 30cm
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 7x A123 Battlepacks, giving me an average of about 18hp.
    Locomotion: 4 solid rubber wheels with Aluminum Boron Carbide hubs.
    Armour: 5.5mm Titanium/Vanadium alloy, with 7.5mm of Vulkanized rubber on top to prevent axes from doing damage. If need be, the rubber can be removed and placed under the titanium for shock absorption.
    Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front due to shape, 0mm at sides and back due to 5mm titanium torsion-sprung skirts. 5mm without skirts.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Weapons: A powerful rear-hinged flipper, powered by a 1000pi 2.5kg nitrogen tank, and utilizing 2 70mm bore 300mm stroke rams to power the flipper. The flipper can flip up to 500kg about half a meter into the air.
    Srimech: The flipper.
    Strengths: Jumping on the bandwagon.
    Weaknesses: It can only flip, push, and move at 20mph. Not much else.
    Bio: Bandwagon was a robot with a design partially based on the very successful Alex Holt vapour Achilles. After seeing Kody Kunz and his robot Seung Mina V, I realized I also needed an Achilles-type robot.

I'm in with Infusion

Name: Infusion
    Motivation: 4 x 125mm wheels
    Speed: 0-12MPH [25MPH under Kinetic Boost]
    Clearance: 7.5mm (same inverted) 0mm at the front, the wedge scraps the floor.
    Weight: 100kg
    Height: 125mm
    Length: 800mm
    Width: 600mm
    Weapon: The weapon is a 28kg Hardox spinning ring (Ala MDU) powered by 2 x D-Pack motors @ 24v (Same motors used in Shredderator). The rim rotates at 2500rpm and should spin up within 1-2 seconds. The weapon is also a storage device for the drive. The spinning rim is connected to each side of the drive via a car air conditioner clutch, when the clutches are engaged, the 31kg kinetic storage bank(the spinning rim) transfers its energy into the drive train, giving it approximately double torque and speed for 2-3 seconds until the rim starts too loose speed and energy. This extra €˜kinetic€™ boost is used to ram into opponents with the front 6mm thick Hardox 500 wedge (similar to the one on Warrior SKF but wider and less depth to it). The front wedge is rubber shock mounted to ensure it survives the biggest of hits.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 Magmotors on 24v geared 4.8:1. The drive is also assisted via the spinning rim as explain above.
    Batteries: 12 x 8 A123 cell packs. 26.4V @ 27.6Amp/hour
    Armour: Front wedge is made entirely out of 6mm Hardox 500, the top and bottom of the robot is made out of 4mm Hardox 500, The ring is made out of 10mm Hardox 500 with inner bracing to the perimeter bearing. Inner bulk heads are made from 10mm/20mm aluminium. All internals are mounted on soft urethane mounts for shock protection.
    Notes: Invertible, speed when needed and generally well controlled for a spinner. Ram or Spin, Infusion aims to win!

Will rep for the aussies

damn ah well my wee Scottish bot will have to wait till next time

I was gonna enter, but meh.

Register To Comment