Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Building Robots out of RC Cars and Monster Trucks

I wouldn't bother. By the time you buy a decent enough car with a proper transmitter etc etc you will have spent enough cash to build a hardox box. Boring as hell I know but more likely to survive in the arena than an RC car.

If its a decent RC car you will be able to use it. Any decent RC car you can change the radio gear in it. its going to be light weight nomatter what cos ur not going to be able to pull too much weight with an rc car so a pair of rc cars and you got yourself a cluster. But as Gary said you could build a nice little rambot for the same price.

A pair of RC cars? Wouldn't something like that retail for the 300 quid mark? (I'm no expert in this field)

For the same price I could easily build a featherweight spinner!

When it comes to robots best to do it right the first time otherwise you end up spending twice as much for half as good a machine.

I would agree, don't use an RC car for a featherweight.

By the time you make it 13.6kg it wouldn't have enough power and most probably burn out. If you leave it at around 2kg then I sugesst doing a test by dropping it from 20 feet as this is what it will feel like being flipped, not to mention the arena flipper. I doubt the wheels/suspention would withstand that.

Perhaps we should all design a simple feather robot, complete with part suppliers and patterns to cut out so those wishing to make their first feather robot have at least something to get them started.
    Drill motors perhaps with a 10amp speed controller and spectrum radio with NiMH batteries.
    Ideas for simple weapons.

a good example why this isnt a good idea:

pixle megabyte, appeared at ayelsbury, got smashed in its first fight by pillow torque...bits all over the arena

other one made by the same guy who's name i cant remember: got smashed up big time....bits all over the arena

mini rc car antweight: made by the same guy as the above, got flipped by the mini rr arena flipper and the shell fell of, then got utterly destroyed by dynamite (so even in the ants rc cars dont cut it )

i asked the guy if he had these spare and costumed them with bits around the house (i know i did that to my old rc cars...cmon guys own up ) and he said no, i bought them from a toy shop and ebay and i asked how much did they cost, he said about £90 for them all

you probably could get something half decent for that amount of cash.

i have actually got a old rc car feather, its called stella artois :P il bring it to guildford and il get it on film so we can all see what happens to old rc feathers :P

jack

you cant beat the polystyrene :P

Register To Comment