Quote Originally Posted by m2xt
Kane,

I have to take issue with your comment:

Unfortunately the FRA cannot overlook the safety issues inherent with older radio technology's.

We have all used 40MHz sets safely for many years, how can it now be viewed as unsafe except for educational projects and other low risk projects - are youngsters in their school hall expendable? I'm sure there are many other safety issues more deserving of this sledge hammer approach than banning 40MHz. The FRA should understand the cause and manage that rather than adopt this draconian action. The FRA should consider all means possible for inclusion rather than exclusion.

Above everything I have said, a robot can go out of control at any time, if this cannot be contained safely then there is something else wrong with the FRA rules.
We have all used 40MHz sets for many years and know how many problems we have with them. New roboteers should not be encouraged to purchase radio sets that simply do not do the job. Even if they are a few pounds cheeper.

The action certainly is not draconian. We simply need to move forward. I know of several incidents that would have been potentially prevented had 2.4GHz sets been available/ used.