Register To Comment
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by peterw
    The other thing that worries me slightly is that as there is no bind button on the Tx so what is to stopping the receiver binding to another transmitter that is turned on between the bind button on the receiver being pushed and the transmitter you want to bind it to being switched on in a transmitter busy environment like an event.
    So basically it functions as the synthesizer receivers on 40MHz where it binds to the first or closest TX it can find?

Could that problem not be alleviated by binding your Tx and Rx at home before travelling to an event? That way there is less likely to be other 2.4GHz signals from transmitters flying about and you can be guaranteed a successful bind?

Yes but there are always situations where it might be a problem, for instance when your receiver gets wrecked and someone lends you his or hers spare one so you can continue in the event. It doesnt need to be an issue but it could be all the same. Just something to look out for.

I would like to see some more conclusive failsafe results, that is more interesting to me than a possible bind issue.

or instance when your receiver gets wrecked and someone lends you his or hers spare one so you can continue in the event
    I cannot believe I didn't think of that situation arising
    *facepalm*

So tech checks worked out fine with these Planet 5 systems?

Register To Comment