Register To Comment
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Tag Team Champs & Power Tool Drag racing!

beauty 4 and explosion won, not sure where the others came as didnt attend the event.

Quote Originally Posted by beast
    but Beauty4 and Explosion are taking the tiltle this year
    sorry to say to all beauty2 fans (LOL) but a wheel come adrift Mr Reids driving was spot on tho
    and that Michael for flipping all the robots oota in the final good boy

thanx for 360 making Beauty4 a 2 wheel robot (the link did come out tho)
    and many thanx for Team US you know who you are

sorry to Will and his brother im sure we will meet again but remember revenge can be sweet

also thanx for silverline for the new drill and Robot Challenge for all there hard work in putting the event on

im sure the videos will be comming soon i can get the drag race final on utube soon as its on me phone

Well done Beauty 4 and Explosion
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Hey all

Got back at 8:30 due to a LOOOOONG queue on the A303, no reason as to why.

Well done to Explosion and Beauty 4 for winning the Tag Team title, especially for doing it after your memorable match with 360 and Savage Evo

Safety barriers = good plan:
    http://www.teamhurtz.com/powertooldragr ... ncrete.htm
    may take a while to load - 4 MB.

We were having some problems keeping Nick's dragster in the track, beacuse the launch was so violent.
    We had to add two long extension reels to the power lead for that lane, to reduce the power.
    We thought that had fixed it, but didn't notice that there was a bit of wood sticking out from the side rail into the lane from where the circular saw blades had dug into the rail on a previous run. The wheels caught the piece of wood and launched the dragster out of the lane.

Thanks to everyone involved for a great weekend.

Well Done to Explosion and Beauty 4 for winning the competition- we'll get you next time though :wink:

The drag racing made a change and there were some really funny races (mostly involving Clive's drag racer )

I'll try to get some videos of the tag teams and Drag racers online at some point. Also if anyone has a video of our sem final fght with Whirlpool & 44 Toon could you let me know.

Thanks again and well done to all the winners.

Got in the door at 2am this morning. I officially detest the M5 :x

Many thanks to the Coopers and Silverline for the organisation and hosting of this event. It was something a bit different having the robot combat mixed with the power tool drag racing but I think everyone enjoyed themselves

Congratulations to Beauty IV and Explosion for taking the Tag Team title! Well done also to Aftershock and Heatwave for taking 2nd place and to Little Hitter and Little Spinner for coming in 3rd. Congratulations also go to the Coopers and Team Hurtz for virtually dominating the podium positions for the power tool drag racers, and also to Darcy, Michael and Adrian of Team Invade and Gary for taking home 3rd place in the Stock, Non-destructive and Destructive racer categories respectively.

Have to say farewell to Hornet 2 that most likely saw its last event - its replacement drill-of-doom was the scariest weapon I've seen on a featherweight in a long time
    Also thanks go to Dave Mould's magnet for 360, which provided many moments of hilarity on Saturday night

The spinners didn't quite reach the heady heights of Newcastle in terms of performance and reliability but some of 360's hits were amazing! Nevermind guys, next time eh? :wink:

Thanks once more to everyone involved in the weekend, was good to see you all again.

Photos and videos will be online soon.

Congrats to everyone who did so well in the drag racing, especialy John and nick, You put in alot of effort and it payed off.

Also Congradulations to explosion and beauty. You both got pretty badly messed up and repaired both machines in time to win it in style.

A big thanks to robochallenge and silverline. Both parties put in ALOT of effort to make this event happen, and it will be good to finaly see abit of robot combat back on the tv on the gadget show, Many EO's have tried and failed at doing that for years. Also.. after all that time of trying to get the dragster to start up, it all seemed worth it for a few mins of fun.

360 did its normal job of blowing itself up quite badly and costing me a few more hundred quid.. hopefully it will be working more reliably and even better then before soon enough- thanks for all the kind comments.

Register To Comment