Colour: Check Pic
    Pic: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3276/91123015lp8.png
    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3276/91123015lp8.png
    Speed: 14mph
    Weight: 100KG
    Armour: 5MM Titanium
    Drive: 2 LEM 130s @ 36V
    Power: 6 NiCad Battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 2 large grippy offroad wheels filled with a self-reparing rubber compound made by INASMET-Tecnalia, it uses millions of tiny microcapsules embedded inside the rubber that releases a polymer compound when torn or punctured, filling any holes or cracks
    Ground Clearance: 1mm under blade, 10mm under bars, 4mm under main body
    Turning Circle: 0
    Size: 150X70X30
    Weaponry: 2 spinning bars, one on top, one on the bottom, the top one is 40X7X1 and the bottom one is 50X7X1, the idea is the bottom one damages the wheels first, then the top ine damages the main body, but of course, this is opposite when upside-down, the bars spin at 7500rpm and are powered by a B62-500 magmotor @ 60V
    Srimech: Invertible
    Tactics: Take out wheels, then dismantle the body/armour/electronics
    Bio: Needed an undercutter, but my original undercutter plan lacked body damaging potential
    Theme Song: The BBQ song by Rhett and Link Ft The Homestead Pickers

Name: Scotch on the Rocks
    Shape: Box with curved rear
    Colour: See pic
    Pic: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2528/scotchontherocksjv5.pnghttp://img89.imageshack.us/img89/252...herocksjv5.png
    Speed: 17MPH
    Weight: 100kg
    Armour: 6mm Ti
    Drive: 4Team Wyachi TWM3s @ 36V
    Power: 6 NiCad battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 4 Hardox wheels with a vulkalon tread
    Ground Clearance: 4mm
    Size: 90X65X35
    Weaponry: 3 sets of claws, the 2 outer sets of 2 pneumatic claws, these clamp the opponent, these are your basic round claws, each set of claws uses a 50X100 ram, they both run off the same 4kg Co2 tank, the middle set of 3 claws are hydraulic and their shape is demonstrated in the picture, these crush the opponent once it has been clamped, the hydraulic system is poweres by a vivoil pump powered by a S28-magmotor, it runs at 3000 psi and produces about 5 tonnes at the tip and 9 tonnes at the ram
    Srimech: invertible
    Tactics: Clamp and Crush
    Bio: Needed to Crush, mock Alcoholics and mock Scotland
    Theme Song: Cold Gin by KISS

Name: Brainwave
    Shape: Mauler 5150 with small skirts
    Colour: Black with red teeth, but the top dome is transparent
    Speed: 14mph
    Weight: 100kg
    Armour: Sides are 5mm Hardox, skirts are Hardox, top is 3cm HDPE and the bottom is 6mm titanium
    Drive: 2 LEM 130s @ 36V
    Power: 8 NiCad Battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 6 small very grippy wheels
    Ground Clearance: 0 but 4mm under skirts
    Size: 80X80X40
    Weaponry: The body is split into three sections, the bottom (cylinder ), the middle(cylinder )and the top (dome ), the two cylinders spin in opposite directions at 5000rpm, each cylinder is powered by separate LEM 200 and weighs 10kg without teeth, there are 20 0.5kg teeth on each cylinder making each cylinder 20kg, each cylinder is 15cm high and the dome is 10cm high , but the skirts do not spin and the whole robot is heavily shockproofed
    Srimech: A bar on the dome powered by a small 25X50 ram running off a 3kg Co2 tank
    Tactics: Smash Stuff
    Bio: Wanted a powerful fbs, so I made one
    Theme Song: Brain Damage by Eminem

Name: Heat of the Moment
    Shape: Half octagon with rear wedge
    Colour: Blue with flames
    Pic: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/946/heatofthemomenthb6.pnghttp://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9...emomenthb6.png
    Speed: 20mph
    Weight: 100kg with heaviest setup, 97kg otherwise
    Armour: 5mm Ti + a tonne of shockproofing
    Drive: 2 Lem 130s @ 36V
    Power: 5 NiCad battlepacks @ 36V
    Locomotion: 6 large Titanium wheels with a Urethane coating annd Vulkalon traction bumps
    Ground Clearance: 3mm, but 0 at back
    Size: 110X50X25
    Weaponry:
    1) A beater bar weighing 25kg spinning @ 13500rpm powered by 2 B62-500 magmotors
    2) The beater bar can be swapped for a double beater bar that also weighs 25kg and spins @ 13500rpm
    3) A drum can also be used, it weighs 20kg and has 16 1/2 kg teeth, it again spins at 13500rpm, it weighs 28kg overall
    4) A hardox wedge extender that makes the rear ground clearance 0
    5) A linear-actuated lifting bar on the rear wedge
    Srimech: Invertible/bar
    Notes: The spinning weapons can change direction, so they work upside-down
    Tactics Smash Stuff and stack against the wall
    Bio: Wanted a drum/beater, so I made them interchangeable
    Theme song: Burn Burn by Lostprophets

quote:

2 large grippy offroad wheels filled with a self-reparing rubber compound made by INASMET-Tecnalia, it uses millions of tiny microcapsules embedded inside the rubber that releases a polymer compound when torn or punctured, filling any holes or cracks

do you happen to have a link to prove this stuff excists? Im not saying it doesnt but its innovative discoveries like this that help the game along and also people might be suspicious at such claims without evidence to back it up

...I hate to derail the thread slightly, but I feel an urgent need to correct several aspects of those stats:

-...what are these B62-500 Magmotors you speak of? According to Aaron they dont exist, and his statement is backed up by the Magmotor website: http://www.magmotor.com/brushless/brushless.htmlhttp://www.magmotor.com/brushless/brushless.html

-Brainwave has 5mm Hardox armour, LEM-130 drive with the asociated batteries, LEM-200 weapon drive with the associated batteries for that, and pneumatic self righting...unless you can prove otherwise, Id like to challenge the weight being stated as 100kg, it looks well over that to me. :P

-Shrimp On The Barbie...you have bars, but what do they weigh? What are they made of? I notice the latter issue is a recurring theme among your vapours :P

-TWM3s, although interesting, are merely a gearbox. A robot with four gearboxes and no motors going into a battle will sit there, looking very pretty, but do nothing due to the lack of any motors to drive those gearboxes...not the best of tactics.

(and before you do something else, they are designed to take S28-150 or 400 Magmotors, dont try and glue LEMs or PERMs or indeed anything else in there :P)

-Scotch On The Rocks...again, it has 4wd (presumably with motors, see above), batteries, two sets of pneumatics, a hydraulic system (with its own motor and batteries needed to run that motor, hydraulic pumps suck current up like milkshake), 6mm Ti armour, and an entirely too big CO2 supply...again, until proven otherwise I call overweight. And its potentially offensive to alcoholics and Scottish people

-Heat Of The Moment might also be pushing the weight limit a bit, youve effectively got Storm II with slightly less armour, a huge spinning weapon and then also a lifter on the back.

...so...yeah, perhaps they could do with some work. :P

(Message edited by joeychevron on February 04, 2009)

looking through your stats they arent that bad a try Ben, than again, you have done better in the past

SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE - IMO the nicest among these 4 newcomers, but have you considered its contact with the floor? It will rest on 2 wheels and 1 bar. If the 2 tips of the bottom bar and the bottom of the wheels are PERFECTLY in line its plausible yet the bottom bar would meet with a lot of unwanted friction. If these 3 points arent exactly in line (which is more likely) you will be hitting the floor all the time. Also the suggestion that the bottom bar will hit the wheels and the upper bar will hit the armour AFTER that is unlikely since mostly the wheels are INSIDE the armour... If you add a detail to keep your bar off the ground I think you have a nice robot right there.

SCOTCH ON THE ROCKS - ... I just dont understand the weapon... there are 3 sets of claws? 2 outer sets and 3 middle sets? is that pic a top view (I presume it is but I see no wheels poking out)? I understand those 3 black rectangles in the middle are vertical clampers, shaped like the big top pic, but what are those 4 outer black and white rectangles? And what do you mean with a 50x100 ram? Also have you considered that if your hydraulics power 6 pistons at once the area is multiplied by a factor 6 and therefor your pressure decreases by a factor 6.

BRAINWAVE - no drawing this time because you assume everyone knows what Mauler 5150 looks like? I for one know Mauler as a FBS yet Im not 100% sure Mauler 5150 is an FBS as well, even though I understand from your stats he is. You clearly state Brainwave is a cylinder with a dome on top so you might as well use that to describe the body shape. How are you planning to add these skirts to a FBS? It has been done before however mostly skirts are attached to long straight sides, not curved ones. I even doubt you need one since Brainwave has a nice lower ring that can repel wedges away, but thats up to you. How thick are your skirts?

HEAT OF THE MOMENT - quote:

Armour: 5mm Ti + a tonne of shockproofing well that would put it overweight for sure . That RPM value is massive, but doable. Not too bad actually, you may wanna be more clear in the weapon department about what weapons are interchangeable and what arent.

Also a slight nitpick is that you dont use batteries AT a certain voltage, they provide a certain voltage, so no batteries @ 36V but 36V batteries

Back in time to post tactics and predictions!

Heat B
    Nidhogg Evo (3) vs. Heliosa Xtreme vs. Blast

Dont see Ben surviving the team-up, Paul and Joey through.

E Clawdius Unum (19) vs. Delirium Tremors vs. Leprosy Infection

Close but I think the seed could get drummed out.

Heat winner: Probably Nidhogg Evo.

Heat C
    Supreme (5) vs. S.D.F vs. What Did I Do Last Night at the Bar?

Supreme I think to go out.

Macduff the 4th (21) vs. Mute vs. Harraz

Mute, eh? Ill be using the regular spike set-up here. Either team-up with or ignore Paul and set all my sights on attacking Mute. He really cant do much to me. Just try and get him down the pit. If Harraz doesnt wanna team up and keeps attacking me, go for it instead.

Heat winner: Im likin the new Bar.

Heat D
    Flick of the Wrist (7) vs. Roo of All Evil vs. The Zodiac

All balls on the seed! Whaddaya say, Matty? Team-up?

Killotine: EVO (23) vs. Binary Hell vs. MeCannibal 3.0

Dont think MeCannibal straightened out the problem it had with the amount of shockproofing, so Steven and Ben through.

Heat winner: Killy, most likely.

Heat E
    Cyclone Force 3 (9) vs. F. Sharp vs. Surgeon General

Gah, tough crowd. Well Im invertible so that helps matters. Id like to ask Chris if hed like to team up to take out F. Sharp, because I think we could take out that thing. Just keeping hitting F. Sharp every chance we get. Chances are we wont do too much damage, but the amount of sparks we make should impress the judges.

WORCK-ER (25) vs. Agro 3.5 vs. Juiced Oil

I think Agros outclassed here. Richard out, sorry. :sad:

Heat winner: One of the seeds.

Heat F
    Dervish: The L337 Generation (11) vs. Secret vs. BIACS-IS of Evilution

Secret has a horizontal weapon. BIACS has also has a horizontal weapon. Dervish has an eggbeater. All of them spin. The result? Someone is going to die. As for who, NFI.

Whirligig 4.5 (27) vs. Mega Masher 2 vs. Kronic

Kronic is a goner.

Heat winner: Most likely Whirly.

Heat G
    Gabriel IV (13) vs. Jack in the Box vs. Warrior SKF

Bad draw for Steve.

Under Pressure (29) vs. Die-Reverta Tops vs. Nitro-Gene 5.0

Nitro-Gene I think will go through, and dunno about the other two.

Heat winner: G4briel

Heat H
    Envy (15) vs. The Final Cut vs. Hot Sauce

Yeah I dont think AJs gonna survive this, lol

Liar 2 (31) vs. Terrorhurtz vs. Autoism 3.0

Autoism out.

Heat winner: Hot Sauce is looking good, WARGH!

Heat I
    Gehenna (16) The Maori Dance Formerly known as Ha-Ka vs. LowDown

LowDown out via pitting. I think.

Super Gore Septua (32) vs. Drilla Killa VII vs. Extravagant

Crap. Well trying to fight Drilla Killa would be a bad idea so Im gonna attack Extravagant instead, and encourage Richie to team up with me. That spinners powerful, but I think I can grapple hold of it and pit it.

Heat winner: Drilla Killa, methinks.

Heat J
    Sheer Heart Attack 2 (14) vs. Ge5orce vs. Lights! Camera! Traction!

The seed and Ge5orce through.

Storm II (30) vs. Tazbot vs. Bigger Brother

Tazbot is outclassed by its fellow realies, sorry Chez.

Heat winner: Storm II

Heat K
    Axeon 3.0 (12) vs. Mudskipper vs. Ringwraith

Mudskipper to skip out of the competition via a drumming from Ringwraith.

Y5 (2 vs. 13 Black vs. Dolce

Goodbye 13 Black.

Heat winner: Dolce and Axeon are good bets.

Heat L
    Spin Dash Unleashed (10) vs. Tira V vs. Heat of the Moment

Steve-O, lets spin to win and team up against that thing, shall we? Smack Bens machine with the disc until it dies.

Axe-o-Lotl (26) vs. SYNDOS vs. Wedga Triton

Oh for...Wedga is in this heat. XDXDXD
    I dont see the seed getting very far.

Heat winner: Wedga. XD

Heat M
    Orka RV ( vs. Dendroaspis vs. Brainwave

Not a freakin clue...

Axe to Fall (24) vs. Still Hurting vs. Visioned

Axe to Fall...to fall. :P

Heat winner: Orka, probably.

Heat N
    Killobite Hex (6) vs. Do or Die vs. Shrimp on the Barbie

Going by the description, SotB is a bar spinner with two front horizontal spinning bars, one on the top and one on the bottom. Its bottom bar will touch the ground trying to spin, which will severely hinder its moment, giving me ample time to get to its rear and chow down. I suggest Chezza helps me with this.

Fissure (22) vs. M.O.R.D. 2 vs. Squish Reincarnated

The seed is a goner.

Heat winner: M.O.R.D. and Do Or Die may likely fight it out in the Heat Final.

Heat O
    Back to Rock III (4) vs. Double Killa vs. Scotch on the Rocks

If Ben works out whats wrong with his machine, then it will look quite mean, and I would say that Double Killa would go out. But until, Ben will go home.

Monsoon Season (20) vs. Intriguous vs. 0001

Urgh. Monsoon Season is easier to hit, but more manoeuvrable, while 0001 is harder to hit but less manoeuvrable. OFfer a team-up with either and accept the first one who takes me up on it. If neither do, just go crazy, smack the crap out of whatevers nearest, a few blows should do it. :P

Heat winner: Back to Rock seems the ideal candidate.

Heat P
    Wedge Devolution (2) vs. Seung Mina V vs. Namies Style

Namie is my main target. Id rather save Wedge Devo for later. Just get under those sides, carry Namies Style to the wall, and flip it out of the arena. Steve can team up if he wants.

Knyfe (1 vs. Stiltskin vs. Hypertension MK3.5

Flippin crazy...Knyfes gone.

Heat winner: Out of this almost all-flipper heat Ill go for Hypertension to beat Wedge Devo in the final.

So now all that needed to be told, is now told. For now, anyway. Excellent first heat Liam and I am looking forward to the rest of the tourney.

Done.

Register To Comment