Register To Comment
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PTT - Regeneration

Why, it appears that I am now off for my Easter hols. Time for another round methinks!

HEAT C
    ROUND 2
    SEMI-FINAL 1
    BACK TO ROCK III Vs NITRO-GENE 5.0

House Robots - Dulcy & Scream

Roboteers, stand by...
    ACTIVATE!

Both competitors are off to a flying start, colliding in the centre of the ring! It appears Back to Rock III is just the lower of the two as it squeaks under Nitro-Gene's flat front! Martijn activates the arm and begins to lift and push the PTT newcomer! Unfortunately for him, Nitro-Gene slips off the large lifting arm and darts away to safety! Back to Rock stays on its tail, aiming to charge the rear corners and penetrate those defensive skirts! Martijn's having a hard time however as Nitro-Gene is slightly the quicker of the two and he can't quite seem to catch up! Nitro-Gene leads Back to Rock all over the arena, only coming to a halt when it heads up north and crashes into the Void Activation Button! The siren echoes o'er the warzone as Back to Rock finally catches up and slams into the newcomer's rear! Scraping underneath, Martijn immediately sets to work chewing up the titanium skirts and lifting Nitro-Gene's back end off the ground! His robot tightly pinned against the Button, Paul fires the flipper, hoping to hop his way to freedom! The gambit works and Nitro-Gene lands back on its wheels, skirt slightly sliced! Back to Rock nudges its opponent, but can't get in another hard shove before the newcomer zips off again to the arena centre! Martijn grumbles to himself and the chase is on again!
    In no time at all, Back to Rock and Nitro-Gene are back together in the middle of the ring! Back to Rock manages to clip Nitro-Gene's side, causing a small burst of sparks as the saw hits a corner! Nitro-Gene immediately spins round and bumps Back to Rock in return! Martijn attempts to get underneath again but Nitro-Gene backs off and swoops in for another charge! The two machines collide and bounce off each other! Quickly recovering, both bots end up side-by-side and begin to spin, locked together in a true dance of death! Paul decides to take the lead as a sharp turn from Nitro-Gene allows it to scrape under Back to Rock's side! The newcomer's flipper immediately fires, sending Back to Rock barrel-rolling across the arena and back onto its wheels with a deafening clatter! No sooner has Martijn recovered than Nitro-Gene returns to pile on the pressure! Another pushing match sees Back to Rock getting back underneath its rival! The lifter rises and the saw whirls, but Nitro-Gene manages to jerk away before being fully swept off its wheels! Martijn is just lowering the lifting arm when Nitro-Gene plows underneath! The newcomer pours on the gas and charges towards the nearby eastern wall! Back to Rock tries to push back when the flipper fires once again! The veteran tumbles over the fence and out of its second successive PTT!

CEASE!

Back to Rock rolls back to square one. Bring on Mk IV, I say!
    NITRO-GENE 5.0 GOES THROUGH TO THE HEAT FINAL!

-------------------------------------------------

HEAT C
    ROUND 2
    SEMI-FINAL 2
    ACHILLES (1) Vs INFUSION

Today, Achilles will be using its hydraulic set-up, complete with grabbing claw.

House Robots - Fawkes & Scarlek

Roboteers, stand by...
    ACTIVATE!

Away we go again and it's a race to the Void Activation Button! Looks like both bots are keen to end this battle ASAP (and not me, honest!). Achilles draws ahead first but a quick 'turbo boost' sees Infusion slam into the Buttom first! As that all-too familiar klaxon does its stuff, Achilles arrives and clips Infusion as it makes its escape! The two briefly tustle in the corner, ending in Infusion darting away for a clear one! Achilles follows suit and the duo lock horns again near the Launchpad! Infusion's great manoueverability proves key here as the newcomer crashes into Achilles' side! While failing to penetrate the skirts, Aaron's still managed to knock the champ for six! Keen for payback, Achilles clips Infusion again with the lifting arm as it manouevers for another attack! It's Alex's turn to go full throttle now as Achilles powers under Infusion's side and rushes towards Fawkes' CPZ! A well-timed 'turbo boost' however thrusts Infusion to safety...and the eastern wall! Achilles leaps in for the kill, ramming the newcomer and finally getting a grip with the little claw! The lifting arm begins to work its stuff but Infusion's wheels are spinning like there's no tomorrow and it seems the champ's hold is beginning to weaken! Achilles tries to drag Infusion back into Fawkes' CPZ, but a bump from the House Robot only serves to weaken the grip further! Infusion quickly wriggles free and dashes down the arena for a clear run! Achilles remains hot on its heels (Ha-ha-ha) and catches up in no time! Aaron attempts to boost out of harm's way, but the reigning champion sweeps Infusion aside and knocks it into the eastern wall! Desperately trying to keep the rear spinner going, Aaron boosts once more as Achilles makes to grab hold of his revolutionary rammer! It's not much but it's enough to escape the champ's grip! Realizing how close to the Void's corner they both are, Aaron spins Infusion round and meets Achilles head-on! The newcomer boosts, nearly forcing its experienced opponent over to one side! Achilles fights back, scraping underneath the 7.5mm ground clearance at the side! Bringing down the claw and lifting the arm slightly, Alex's ancient annihilator surges down the ring towards the Void! Aaron hurridly attempts to escape, but in the blink of an eye, Infusion plummets into the Void and the great Greek warrior keeps his title for another day!

CEASE!

Infusion gets distilled from the tournament. Try boosting your way out of the Void, Aaron.
    ACHILLES (1) GOES THROUGH TO THE HEAT FINAL!

Later on...

HEAT C
    HEAT FINAL
    ACHILLES (1) Vs NITRO-GENE 5.0

Thoughts? Tactics? Party at my place?

Thank you.

Nice fights there, Steve-O. I daresay you've got plenty left in the tank.

Achilles to win the Heat via a lovely OOTA.

Keep on truckin'

I second what Kody said, keep up the good work. Achilles FTW here, I think if it gets underneath Nitr-Gene the superior power wil prove telling.

Hydraulics time, hoist it up and drop it in unpleasant places.

ZOMG Heat Final!

First off, guys, apologies again for the big delays in these fights. I was hoping to get this fight written several days ago but I came down with a grotty bug on Tuesday and spent the last few days zoned out on the couch. I'm almost completely fine now though, so let's find our penultimate Finalist, shall we?

HEAT C - THE STORY SO FAR:
    ROUND 1
    ACHILLES (1) & NITRO-GENE 5.0 won their battle when Seung Mina V flipped Flank Attack: D.T. out of the arena...before being pitted by the champion!
    BACK TO ROCK III & INFUSION won their battle when The Deer pitted BIACS-of Evolution, before it was propped against the wall by Back to Rock

ROUND 2
    NITRO-GENE 5.0 flipped Back to Rock III out of the arena
    ACHILLES (1) won a brief, but tense shoving match against Infusion

And now...

HEAT C
    ROUND 3
    HEAT FINAL
    ACHILLES (1) Vs NITRO-GENE 5.0

For this fight, Achilles will be using the hydraulic set-up with gripping claw

House Robots - Surligig & Mr Hyde

Roboteers, stand by...
    ACTIVATE!

And it's another fast-paced opening today as our two competitors race out of their starting spotlights! Nitro-Gene attempts to tackle Achilles head-on, but the reigning PTT champion ignores the newcomer and instead shoots towards the top end of the warzone! Knowing full well that Alex is about to open the Void, Paul sends Nitro-Gene in hot pursuit! The bold blue newcomer catches up just as Achilles crashes into the Void Activation Button! Both machines collide with a crunch, Achilles now pinned down against the Button! Seizing the moment, Nitro-Gene scrapes its flipper under the reigning champion and tosses it onto its back with a spectacular throw! Achilles has barely started to self-right when Nitro-Gene charges in and flips it a second time! The PTT veteran flies dangerously close to the fence but, thankfully for Alex, stays within the arena, landing back on its wheels! Achilles takes a blow to the side from Nitro-Gene but escapes before the flipper can claim it a third time! Our two competitors return to the middle of the warzone, the slightly faster Nitro-Gene starting to pour on the pressure! Paul attempts another side-on onslaught, but barely misses as Achilles jerks out of harm's way! Now it's Alex's turn to pour on the pressure! As the two find themselves side-by-side, Achilles pushes against Nitro-Gene and scrapes its larger arm underneath its skirting! Nitro-Gene quickly backs away, but the champ isn't done with it yet! Achilles charges the newcomer head-on, hitting it on the left-hand side of the flipping arm! Paul fires the weapon, but barely clips Achilles' blood red skirts! The champion rams the flat front of Nitro-Gene, worming its way under the 10mm ground clearance and pushing the newcomer straight towards Surligig's CPZ! Paul desperately tries to get away, but there's no escaping the wrath of this lumbering House Robot!
    CRRRASH!
    Nitro-Gene is flung out of the corner in a shower of sparks! Paul hurridly makes sure all systems are go! His machine seems to have held up very well to the blow, although one of his titanium skirts has been torn to ribbons! Quicker than you can say 'Kilt repair!', Achilles is on the attack again, barging into the newcomer with a clatter! Nitro-Gene spins around to fight back, but Achilles deftly dodges the flipping arm and comes in with another shunt! This time Nitro-Gene is ready, scraping its flipper underneath Achilles' right skirt! The arm is fired and over goes the champ once again in spectacular style! Nitro-Gene rushes over to finish the job, but Achilles has already begun to self-right as the newcomer crashes into it, sending the PTT veteran back onto its wheels! Paul gives the champ a bump as payback, to which Alex responds with a big bump of his own! The two competitors briefly scuffle in close quarters, only ending when Achilles finds the broken skirt of Nitro-Gene! Achilles plows under the 10mm ground clearance and pins Nitro-Gene against the western wall, repaying the newcomer for earlier attack at the Button! Paul tries to get away, but Achilles' claw has grappled firmly onto the invertible box! The champ carefully backs away, dragging the struggling Nitro-Gene along with it! The nitrogen-powered flipper fires but Achilles' grip is too strong! Lifting the newcomer off the ground slightly, Alex sets his sights on the Void and charges full-throttle, Nitro-Gene revving and squirming in its grasp! Only when they arrive at the south-east corner does Nitro-Gene begin to wriggle loose and by then it seems it's too late! With one final flip Paul replaces his controller as Achilles dumps his brave machine into the Void! The PTT champion has held onto his title once again, but how much longer can he keep it up?

CEASE!

Nitro-Gene proves to be a load of hot air! 5.0 for effort, though! :wink:
    ACHILLES (1) GOES THROUGH TO THE GRAND FINAL!

Congratulations to Mr Alex Holt!

NEXT TIME:
    HEAT D
    Autoism 3.0 VS Eye of Ran II VS Orka R.V. VS Skullcrusher
    Bloody Frigid VS Disco 5 VS Hacked-Off Ha-ka VS Intriguous

Thoughts? Tactics? A nice warm blanket?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by I, during a MSN Messenger convo on a wild and stormy night,
    Joey says:
    Did I give tactics for heat D already?
    Turkey Volume Guessing Man says:
    Nope, this is the first time the proper draw's come out IIRC.
    Joey says:
    Ah yes
    Joey says:
    Well...to be honest I'm not going for any teamups here, just fend them off with the skirts till I'm spun up and then hit whoever's nearest
    Joey says:
    Fairly straightforward, focus on getting myself through the fight
    ...self explanatory :P

Register To Comment