Register To Comment
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fighting Robots FW UK Championships hosted by Robo Chal

iv got nothing against you lol im only joking

I know LJ!
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

We all know the titles coming to Yorkshire right? So thats narrowed it down to only a few people that are entered so far. Sorry everyone outside Yorkshire :wink:
    Seriously what robot do you think will be winning the championship this year? Any predictions of the outcome yet?

My moneys on any of the following 5:

Beauty 2
    Wedgie
    After Shock
    Flow!

I would like to see 360 Win, Im getting sick of flippers, although it would be interesting to see Flow operate in the RC arena, considering it can hit the RL arena net :P

Ill give it my best shot, but if I can get past Round 2, or take out Little Hitter, thats good enough for me

Little Hitters Axe is worn out but hopefully will be fixed for another round Dave.

Yes its for Little Spinner 3 and Adrian is right its a full body spinner, allthough not the one I wanted, Graeme said it wouldnt work so gone with a safer option with a motor similar to this:-

http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5139http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=5139

Hopefully will be good enough just a shame we cant run it on 48V James . Graeme is on with the build and its got a 3mm Ti Base so should be within the LiPo rules. The spinner mech is done, just needs the drive and disc making but that will take some time as its out of a 30kg lump of Aluminium that needs to be 6kg.

No picture of it yet, will just have to wait.

I dont expect to get anywhere near the power they are claiming and we would need 48V for that. See your point about the 300A controller they are not easy to find so we got a 120A one. Our thinking is that a motor bigger than needed will be more reliable when run at less than it full potential. Also we will adjust the clutch so that even when the disc is stalled it wont draw more than 100A so should save the speed controller from producing the magic smoke. Makes finding batteries easier with 100A than 300A.

Reason for using this is simple saw it on ebay, its a thrid the price of a mag s28-150 with about the same speed and power. Dont really need to save the weight as a disc about half the weight of the robot is enough Never used a outrunner before so its a bit new to us so will have to see if its good enough. If we do break it then the mag will go in it from LS2.

those hobby city motors have real bad reviews- hopefully urse is abit more reliable.

Done any spin up tests yet? interested to see what the start up power of the larger motors is like..

I went for two high toque high speed motors and geared them down- only after reading real good reviews and seeing them used in other models.

I got two motors of ebay that stated real good specs.. but they burnt out real quick and broke themselfs. Always best to go for a big brand when it comes to brushless. Which esc did you go for? turnigy sentilion?

damn you for having a heavyer disc then me though lol

Register To Comment