Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas SMASH!!

Save a spot for Super Gore Septua please, Liam! The renders done but I need to knock up some stats for it.

Me please!!!

Robot Name: Fling
    Dimensions (LxWxH): 100cm x 80cm x 40cm
    Shape: Shallow wedge with angled sides and a shaped rear to stop it getting stranded, as well as keeping the wheels on the ground if going up a wedged robot or a ramp. On the bottom of the wedge is a wedge extender, making the ground clearance 0mm.
    Colour: Half black and half white, with white decoration on the black side and black decoration on the white side. Celtic bands painted throughout the robot.
    Weight: 100kg.
    Drive: 2 Sinclair C5 Motors running at 24v, powered by Nicad Batteries.
    Batteries: 3x 3000mAh Nicads at 24v, giving 9Ah. These power both the drive and the winch needed for the weapon.
    Top Speed: Roughly 15 to 20mph.
    Wheels: 2 x 20cm diameter go-kart wheels filled with expanding foam instead of air. These are positioned at the back of the machine.
    Armour: 4mm Hardox for the wedge extender, 8mm Titanium on the sides and 6mm Titanium everywhere else.
    Weaponry: A €œleaf spring€ flipper mounted on the front of the machine. The concept is similar to Team Whyachi€™s Red Square, but with the flipper on an angle to toss robots lengthways AND upwards. Can you say OOTA? . The flipper plate itself is made from a tempered piece of 1 thick Titanium/Vanadium alloy, designed to spring back to a curved shape once it has been flattened. One section is fastened securely to the top of the wedge, with the tempered edge winched down so it lies flush with the rest of the wedge. When a robot is on the front wedge, the free end is released and the opponent is sent not only upwards, but also away from the machine. The flipping plate is winched down by an S28-150 Magmotor running at 24v, geared down 400:1.
    Turning circle: 0m.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 2cm at the back, varying between both on the sides.
    Srimech: Flipper.

Yayz!

(Message edited by team_britespark on December 18, 200

Round 1
    The 2nd Revenge of Black Death vs. Fling

I think Samuels bot is actually quite good this time around, but I also think Dan call pull off a victory through a nice pitting. Fling to win.

Super Gore Septua vs. Crash Trashing Robot

Assuming those are the stats Chris is going to use, go at him from pretty much anywhere, preferably the sides to avoid the flipper, though. Once Ive got him, dont fool around, get pittin.

If theyre not...Ill have to wait an see, wont I?

Good luck Chris, and cant wait to see how it turns out Liam.

Register To Comment