Hello and welcome to Mechanical Maelstrom. This is my first proper tournament.
I need 8 people to enter one heavyweight robot each, it must be a vapour unless you actually own the vapour you are entering, in which case you can enter that.
The robots must adhere to these rules:
€ž« No wheeled robot can weigh more than 100kg
€ž« A 10% weight advantage is given to tracks and shufflers
€ž« A 50% weight advantage is given to true walkers. The definition of a true walker must be that rotary camshafts do not operate any part of the walking mechanism, and each leg must have 2 stages of movement
€ž« No un-tethered projectiles are allowed
€ž« Cluster-bots are allowed, but there can be no more than 4 parts. Each cluster must make up an equal part of the overall weight and if 50% or more of the cluster is eliminated the whole bot is out
€ž« Pneumatic pressures cannot exceed 2400psi, hydraulic pressures 5000psi
This tournament will take place in the Annihilation Stadium, which is a 10 x 10m2 box with stainless steel floor and 50mm hardox walls that reach the ceiling, therefore no OOTAs. Inside the box there are multiple hazards:
€ž« There are 4 sets of killsaws, one in each corner. These are tungsten tipped and spin at 3000rpm courtesy of powerful chainsaw motors, and are raised by 2 x 100mm rams at 2400psi to launch robots into the air
€ž« When 30 seconds of a 3 minute fight remain the starting squares will drop out of the floor, creating two pits you can push your opponent in to
€ž« There are a 5m spike strips in the middle of the left and right walls
€ž« In the centre of the arena there is the floor spinner, designed to throw robots across the arena courtesy of 4 Briggs and Stratton E-Teks running at 48v
You can find a picture of the arena here:
http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/lewismatthews321/robots/?action=view&current=AnnihilationStadium.jpghttp://s404.photobucket.com/albums/p...action=view&cu rrent=AnnihilationStadium.jpg
During battles you can defeat your opponent in any of the following ways:
€ž« Immobilising 50% or more of their drive
€ž« Stacking them against the wall
€ž« Flipping them into a position from which they cannot self-right
€ž« Winning a judge¡¦s decision based on Damage, Aggression, Control and Dominance after 3 minutes of a battle have passed
You can reserve a spot, but it will only last three days before becoming vacant again.
Please go easy on me if my mistakes, this is my first time after all.