Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carnifex.....New heavy

drop it round mine im mill the 20mm hole in it for ya

Right I now have all the major parts.
    I now have two different rams but plan to use the original one from Mario.
    The other is from Kenny as he sold me all the old bits from Raven, a crusher that he made.
    I also have the pump and hi pressure valve. Kenny also sold me some of cells that he has taken apart and was planning to rebuild.

What I need advice in is assembling battery packs. I searched around and cant really find any good websites or previous threads.
    I have soldered batterys cells before and Mark tought me a few tips. Clean filed battery head, hot soldering iron and not to heat up the cell too much.
    Its the constructing of packs that I know nothing about. Any cheap supplier that has some battery sleeves? I think they are size C batteries. How should i connect them together when they are in there sleeves? Lok tight? Also do I have to wrap them in large heat shrink? Dont suppose I can get away using duct tape?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Still a fair bit of time before I start on construction. Maybe beginning of March.
    Here is the gripper lifter mec being tested in a featherweight version
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3uFDzmlHI

yeh use gaffer tape i did i think its ok, id suggest tinning the battery tags before soldering onto cells then have the hot soldering iron place tag on cell and the solder if you have enough on should be good and strong

Wow! That looks positively awesome, Marco.

Thanks Alex and Kody
    Woops posted the video twice. I wasnt sure if I had posted that video or not.
    I decided to super glue the card sleves together then wrap around the outside with gaffa tape. I then spent the long tiring job of soldering the cells together. I decided to use wire as its all that I had as well as some one told me that it can transfer more current then battery tabs.
    I have one pack done and I finished at around 1am in the morning after starting making the pack at 11pm. Once you start you just cant stop!
    I didnt charge the packs but I checked that the packs retained charge well and I put two large fans next to it to cool it down.
    One pack done....two more to go.

Hey, just found this. That machine looks incredible. Have you made any more progress with it? I was thinking of something like this as a drive all day feather for the RW and Robots live events. I can just see it looking very very cool in my head with a Beauty style exoskeleton and a really nasty and ornate claw head.

Register To Comment