Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My first tournament w.a.r

€ AUTOGLASS REPAIR, AUTOGLASS REPLACE! *

Welcome back to W.A.R on tech tv!

3€¦€¦€¦

2€¦€¦...

1€¦€¦...

ACTIVATE!

Tom: And there goes dervish, charging towards Heyright 2; the egg beater style weapon whirring menacingly. But Paul sees the danger and quickly manoeuvres heyright away to safety with a mere flick of his thumbs, Dan double takes, trying to figure out why he isn€™t sinking his teeth into Heyright, and in that brief second of stillness Dan is caught unaware by Sam and dervish is sent flying by the mighty flipper of thunderstorm.

FA-LIP!!!

Ooof! That looked painful; Dan gingerly moves the controls and is delighted to see that dervish is largely unscathed, he quickly moves his robot away€¦but that attack will lose him points!

Meanwhile, Heyright is trying to get one over on thunderstorm but can€™t quite seem to get the flipper in under Sam€™s machine€¦OH! Heyright flips himself! Yes you can quite clearly see in the replay that thunderstorm WAS on the flipper but got out of the way just in time, unbeknown to Paul who fires the flipper triumphantly, only to see his own creation go flying: P bet he wishes he had installed a parachute! Now in comes dervish just as Heyright self rights, ooh!!! The disk collides with thunderstorm, making sparks cascade everywhere! Sam winces as his lovely paintwork gets torn to shreds! Dervish keeps going with his attack, not allowing Sam to defend himself, and regaining the points he lost earlier.

Paul decides that enough is enough and sends Heyright in for the kill, trying to slot the flipper in underneath dervish€¦AND HE DOES SO! There goes Dan€™s machine, flying across the arena. In comes Heyright again and HE FLIPS DERVISH O.O.T.A!!! Oh dear! Dan looks crestfallen, it was going so well! Ah well, dervish on the camera tracks now!

Now that just leaves the 2, Heyright and thunderstorm, Sam just trying to stay out of harms way, cmon Sam! You need to pick up points, Paul very much on the offensive now! And€¦. no! Thunderstorm darts in underneath Heyright and€¦.FA-LIP! OVER HE GOES! But Paul quickly self rights, as the clock ticks away both robots are just trying to get the edge€¦this is a very close fight!

CEASE!

Well, this fight goes to the judges, well that was very close indeed! I certainly wouldn€™t want to call it! This is where the judges earn their money!

Jack: And the judges have gone for€¦..HEYRIGHT!!!!

Tom: well done Heyright! Woo!

Jack: yes indeedy! Well, so ends another episode of w.a.r! We€™ll see you next time! Bye!

*AUTOGLASS REPAIR, AUTOGLASS REPLACE!*

tactics, predictions, comments and all that jazz

...how does revealing the different incarnations help, may I ask? It's been a while since I wrote something and my mind's a tad rusty...

1. I agree with Joey.

2. ...Altitude is MY robot...

3. What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by corsair_lightning
    Sorry, that's not supposed to be there.

My idea was to do instead of this:

SOR X v Chalkie 3G v Stiltskin

to do this:

SOR X/Gehenna v Chalkie 3G v Stiltskin/Altitude
    That still doesn't seem to answer my question, although forgive me if there's something obvious I missed due to me waking up literally ten minutes ago.

How is this at all relevant to Jack's tournament?

meh, i guess he was only trying to help, but anyhow lets try to keep this on topic :P so...what did everyone think of the fight?

*blows away cobwebs*

just a little bump, fights will be up soon, jeez its been a while but this will NOT be hypo-ed

jack

*robot wars, shunts them tune fades in*

Its back!

Jack: Yes, after a long break of utter boredom, W.A.R is back to terrorize some helpless toddlers, so harry my dear friend, who have we got fighting today?

Harry: ah, it€™s good to be back well jack today we have some proper old school fighting on our hands, 3 brave gladiators step into the ring€¦and here they are€¦ladies and gentleman, show your appreciation for Mecannible 3.0!

Tom: Entered by Paul, this beast is driven by some very nice shuffling pads, it can reach speeds of 15mph and has a deadly spinning ring, this will defiantly be a hard nut to crack! With its immense shock proofing!

Harry: and now, go ballistic for€¦.. Son of wedgie!

Tom: entered by David, this low wedge is armed with a deadly low pressure flipper and, when spinning, due to the GYROSCOPIC FORCES the front will lift up and it turns into a fbs! How cool is that?! This is definitely one to watch!

Harry: and finally, raise the roof for Neo-Mecha!

Tom: entered by Ben, this robot is ready to fight it out with any robot stupid enough to come into the ring with it, armed with a deadly, 27kg, vertical *cant help saying w00t* spinning blade, capable of getting up to speeds of 3600RPM! Tough enough for most robots I think!

So without further ado, let€™s kick this match into gear!

ACTI€¦

Jack: hold on! *stumbles into ring, closely followed by an angry tom, and a confused looking harry*, sorry people but son of wedgie here is against the rules!

David: what?!

Jack: according to rule 259 in the W.A.R book of rules€¦

Harry: we have a rule book?

Jack: yes it was news to me as well€¦anyway, according to rule 259 in the W.A.R book of rules €œno netting is allowed on any robot whilst it is in the arena due to€¦fears of entanglement?€

Tom: you better hand it over David; we€™ve only got 10 minuets left!

*David hands over net*

Tom: well *scurries up to crows nest* after that little episode we can now€¦finally! Begin the match so€¦*cough* let€™s kick this match into gear!

ACTIVATE!

And away they go, each of the robots eager to get on with it after that annoying wait, and Mecannible 3.0 has been neatly guided by Paul over to Neo-mecha who has spun rather quickly, too quick in fact for Paul who hasn€™t realized that the disk has spun up, darting in foolhardily, shuffling pads whirring, his spinning ring revving up; determined to stop the disk!
    *FA-LIP*
    What€™s this?! Mecannible 3.0 has been flipped over by S.O.W before he could reach Neo-Mecha! Ben is stunned to see he isn€™t sinking his teeth into a nice, warm, and juicy Mecannible! Now the spinner darts forward, a gleam of cunning€¦or is it madness? Has appeared in bens eye€¦
    SMASH!
    The huge 27 kilo disk collides with the side of S.O.W! Sparks cascade across the arena! But€¦only a small-ish sized hole can be seen. That€™s strong armor for you! David wipes his brow€¦and moves his €œuba hi-Tec€ transmitter sticks€¦and is delighted to see that he is still completely mobile! With a small flip of his flipper he€™s of, darting straight back into the action! Mecannible 3.0 is shuffling around the arena at quite a pace! Getting his disk up to maximum killing speed! S.O.W gives chase, and quickly catches him up€¦
    FA-LIP
    CRASH, SMASH, BANG!!!
    Oh! Mecannible 3.0 has been flipped! But not before he sank his ring into S.O.W! a nice looking gouge is now running across the flipper arm, but David wont be concerned, just a couple more W.A.R wounds now meanwhile Neo-Mecha has pressed the pit release button! Will a hopeless robot go down today? I think the crowd wants blood€¦and who can blame them!? Now both spinners are up to full speed, wow the noise is DEAFENING! S.O.W hangs back, and wisely so! As the 2 spinners, awesome in every way, loom ever closer€¦
    CRAAAAAAASH!!!!
    Whoa! Both robots collide with EPIC force, big bang eat your heart out! Both robots thrust across the arena like rag dolls in a little girl€™s tantrum! All the roboteers gape in awe at the seen€¦ Mecannible 3.0 was thrust towards the far end of the arena, narrowly avoiding the pit! he seems to be picking himself up now€¦but he looks decidedly punch drunk€¦thank got for that massive amount of shock proofing!
    Neo-Mecha on the other hand I think took the brunt of that attack; he was sent skidding across the arena and collided with S.O.W, sending them both flying! Ah S.O.W moves again€¦which at the moment is more than can be said for Neo-Mecha€¦he€™s right out in the middle of the arena, not impaled on anything€¦he should be able to move€¦but for some reason he€™s not€¦aww, what a shame, we never really got to see much of that massive disk, bring it back next year Ben! Speaking of Ben, he€™s franticly trying to get some life back into it€¦but with every passing second he seems to be giving up€¦finally, he admits defeat and puts down his transmitter, looking utterly crestfallen.
    Meanwhile, S.O.W is taking advantage of Mecannible 3.0€™s new found sluggishness, and is flipping him over; again and again€¦.but is it just me or have the flips got a bit less powerful? Did he go all out to early? Meanwhile, the refbot has come over to give Neo-Mecha the last rights€¦
    8€¦9€¦10!
    There he goes, officially out of W.A.R series one! And over comes shunt, ooof! He cleaves him with the axe! And drags him over to€¦oh no! Anything but THE DROPZONE!
    Ben: OH NO!
    Tom: yes the dropzone, what are we dropping today? Oooh it€™s a grand piano! 3€¦2...1€¦drop!
    OUCH!!!
    With an almighty clang, parts of the piano ricochet around the arena! Now in comes growler! Jaws opening and closing with glee! And finally, he disposes of the body via the one way hatch that is the pit
    Meanwhile S.O.W and Mecannible 3.0 are still fighting it out, I don€™t think Mecannible 3.0 has ever been the same after that hit with Neo-Mecha and the ring has defiantly ground to a halt! Mind you, S.O.W seems to have run out of c02! Suddenly David see€™s his chance; he darts through bits of smashed piano, pushing Mecannible 3.0 with it, and€¦OH! He€™s pitted him! Mecannible 3.0 is in the pit! And out...oh :P S.O.W follows suite! All 3 robots in the pit, what a fitting end to a fantastic fi-
    *booming laughter fills the arena, everyone looks up to see kody Kuntz rolling around with laughter up in the stands, one word etched on his lips€¦

FAIL!

Jack: so, Neo-Mecha conked out, and Mecannible 3.0 was pitted, we€™ll see you next time on W.A.R!

*Music fades out*
    tactics, predictions, comments, ideas, a lima bean singing amazing grace?

Register To Comment