Register To Comment
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Killer Toad Tournament Special

davids
    Roll up roll up and welcome to another crappy Dave introduction

Its time for a grunge revolution

oh yeah. If you have a particular grunge against a particular robot, this is the place to place your cards.

Im looking to do about 5 grunge matches, so what I need is for people to state their grunges and have their opponents accept the challenge, and then for both people to post the stats of the robot they want to use for the grunge match (posting in this thread, no links please).

The arena is going to be a modified RW6 arena, with the only hazards being the pit (open all the time), and a wall spike.

I thought it was too..... perhaps he wants us to pitch robots that are really shiny and need to be mucked up?

Well anyway, of course if it is grudge match, then no grudge match set is complete withour slammer vs the disc

davids
    *flicks Dan*

My dodgy English has let me down again :sad:

Grudge Match 1 (TBC by Frank):
    Slammer vs. The Disc

If Alex wants to even try and beat System Shock with Achilles he can, because Ive just updated it and the two previous incarnations stuffed the PTT5 champ. He did actually say he would be back for vengeance... up for it? It isnt a classic though so Ill understand if you want some older grudges. Ill post stats if Alex agrees

I dont think I have any grudges...the ones I did have have been dealt with.

Yeah sure, Im always up for fights.

Whats with this no links rule though - surely all that does is prevent people from use of images?

Robot Name: Systematical Shockerlarity
    Shape: Box wedge with a slightly rounded rear
    Weight: 110kg
    Length: 80cm
    Width: 80m
    Height: 30cm
    Motivation: 4 x Drill-Zilla style shuffling feet
    Power: 2 x B42-500s at 48v
    Armour: 5mm hardox all over, but 5mm titanium skirts, there also 4mm titanium arches over the feet, these are 8cm high, so that even if something penetrates them it won€™t make contact with the feet
    Weaponry:
    1)The pushing power
    The following weapons are interchangeable:
    1)A vertical drum, spun upwards by a LEM-130 at 36v at 3000rpm, made of titanium and spanning the full width of the robot, mounted on the wedge so that it still has 0 GC, produces 25Kj per hit
    2)Rear hinged lifting arm, powered by 2 linear actuators, it raises to almost vertical in less than a second, it is built into the robot and hinged at the very back, constructed from 5mm hardox, it reaches down the wedge and bends upwards at the bottom ala Bigger Brother to help get in underneath, and although the arm is narrow running up the body it stretches out and spans the full length of the front wedge
    Top Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front due to wedge, effectively 0 at sides due to skirts and 6mm at rear and behind skirts
    Turning Circle: 0
    Srimech: The arm will right the robot in less than a second, but if I want it it to be invertible I will remove the arches
    Colour: Yellow arm and light blue bodywork, like the original System Shock

Register To Comment