Register To Comment
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Killer Toad Tournament - The Final Assault

davids
    And I think Paul has forgotten he already has one robot in the group stage :wink:

looks like im out:sad:

oh well, well done dave

Slammer VI vs. PsycloniZer

Interesting! This should be a good fight, but I can€™t think of much we can do to each other. I€™ll aim to attack the framework at first. If anything can be broken, this is probably it. Then just give it some thumping hits as many times as possible. The wheels are obviously a target, if I can rip some rubber off it should reduce its manoeuvrability and make it more prone to attacks. With the components contained inside, some hard blows could knock something loose inside. Just damage whatever I can.

SOR X vs. Premonition

Hopefully the axe won€™t cause a lot of damage to my armour. I€™ll mainly use the spinning rim for the start of this battle. The skirts will be my first targets - if I can damage or remove those it will allow me to get under and flip later in the battle. The armour is hopefully damageable so I€™ll give it a few hits next. I€™ll also attempt to damage the axe heads if possible. If the skirts are damaged, then I can get under with the wedge to push it and flip it around the arena.

Fatality vs. Ge5orce

I€™ll go in right from the start and flip Fatality before the shell can get fully spun up. The armouring of my wedge should be enough to withstand the attacks I think. 7mm clearance should be easy enough to get under, and then launch it in the air. I€™m not sure the self righting spike will be that reliable, but if it is, I just need to throw it over enough times until it runs out of gas. Or if I can get it out the arena before then, that would be even better.

Good luck to all! Pure Evil, Battle Raptor, Seung Mina, STAT, SYNDOS, Back to Rock, Achilles, Nidhogg and Crimson Thunder are my predictions for the other battles.

davids
    So it€™s time for round 2, the winners of these matches will move forward onto the group stages where the 12 winners will be joined by the 3 seeds, to be spilt into 3 groups of 5, with a seed in each.

So first up is:
    Pure Evil: Back to Basics vs. Masamune

In round 1, Pure Evil flipped Y4 out of the arena. Meanwhile Masamune pitted Crooked.

It€™s Frank against Daniel in the first 2nd qualification round battle

Activate

And it starts, the flipping wedge against the sword barrel, both are away, with Pure Evil having a higher top speed, but with only 2 wheels (which I€™m assuming because the stats don€™t actually state how many wheels it has when in wheel-mode), against the 4 wheels of Masamune, with two good drivers, both with an eye on a spot in the groups, as Masamune dodges the attacking run from Pure Evil, as the sword comes out from Masamune, ready to get underneath Pure Evil and to hopefully pit it, whereas the aim from Daniel is to get underneath Masamune and flip it through the hole in the arena wall to score some more points by making Masamune change it€™s shape to fit though the hole which happens to be in the wall. Wait wrong show, as we€™re back to the action.

Masamune dodges another attacking run from Pure Evil, Masamune has a 3cm ground clearance on the sides and rear which Frank must be careful off, whereas Pure Evil has 7mm ground clearance, still large enough to put a sword under, but Dan has an ace up his sleeve, the flipper is powerful enough to rock Pure Evil off the sword, as Frank dodges another attack from Pure Evil, by spinning around and launching into a counter-attack, but Dan dodges and goes into a counter-counter attack, of which Masamune manages to dodge, but with the front wedge of Pure Evil coming close. Masamune turns around and issues a counter-counter-counter attack on the initial attack, but once more Daniel manages to dance away from the front sword of Masamune.

Pure Evil once more attacks Masamune, in a counter-counter-counter-blah-blah-counter attack, this time though Frank dodges well and runs away, in an attempt to get Pure Evil to follow, but watch that pit there Frank, as Masamune narrowly misses the open pit, which would have been embarrassing for Frank, one of the few original people left in the game, after all this time, but Masamune dodges the pit as Pure Evil gives chase, Frank spins around fast and holds fast as for the first time of the battle, both robots meet up, as the front sword of Masamune goes up the wedge of Pure Evil, as Danny puts on full power driving towards the arena wall, as the flipper button is pressed, throwing Masamune in a lovely arc smashing onto the pillows will are around the edge of the arena.

Cease

Masamune is flipped out, Pure Evil: Back to Basics, goes forward onto the group stage and into the actual competition.

1 down, 11 more to go:

Next up it is Battle Raptor 4 vs. Knyfe

davids
    I know this has kinda fallen behind (I was hoping to be on the group stage by now). I will try and hammer out some fight at the weekend.

davids
    And I said that on the 12th of last month, oops.

I will defo try and do something this weekend, it might be summary battles like the first round, and I might change the format once more from group stages to pure knock-out just to try and cut down the number of fights.

Register To Comment