Round 3
    Venus Fly Trap vs. Disco 5 (27)

Roboteers, stand by€¦

House Bots: Triple Big Mac and Renegade

3€¦
    2€¦
    1€¦
    ACTIVATE!

After its slow start to the last battle, Disco 5 ensures it gets off to a good start in this one, immediately starting to spin up the vertical flywheel. Venus Fly Trap makes its way across the arena to meet it and rams right into the seeded robot. After already taking out the highly rated Tengu VII, Steve has the confidence to meet Disco 5 head on. The lifting/clamping weapon fails to get under Disco 5, and Martyn drives his robot away to continue spinning up. Venus Fly Trap pursues its opponent, as Disco 5€™s spinning weapon begins to reach maximum speed. Disco 5 turns neatly to the side of Venus Fly Trap, and surges forwards€¦

CRASH!!!

The flywheel impacts with the side of Venus Fly Trap, causing the robot from Scotland to flip over onto its back! Disco 5 has made a good early attack, but Venus Fly Trap quickly self-rights, seemingly undamaged. With Disco 5 spinning slowly, Venus Fly Trap takes the opportunity to attack, driving forwards and getting straight under the side skirts. The lifting plate raises Disco 5 off the ground, and Venus Fly Trap has complete control. Steve decides to give Disco 5 a trip to the CPZ, and lowers Martyn€™s robot into the zone containing Renegade! The house robot operates its axe, clanging the top of Disco 5. As the seeded machine attempts to escape, Venus Fly Trap shoves it back in. Again the axe of Renegade strikes the top of Disco 5. This time Disco 5 manages to steer away. Venus Fly Trap attempts to push it back into the CPZ again, but misses. Disco 5 turns back towards Venus Fly Trap and gets right underneath with the wedge, using the flipper to throw the Trap onto its back. Venus Fly Trap uses its self-righting arm to roll back€¦

CRASH!!!

Oh no it doesn€™t! While self-righting, Disco 5 turned its flywheel right into the base of Venus Fly Trap! On the second attempt, Venus Fly Trap rights itself and makes its way away from danger. But Steve€™s robot is noticeably hobbling! The last attack seems to have caused some problems to Venus Fly Trap€™s mobility! Realising the match is turning in Disco 5€™s favour, Venus Fly Trap rushes to the pit release! The pit starts to open right as Disco 5 slams into Venus Fly Trap, getting under again and flipping Venus Fly Trap against the pit target! Venus Fly Trap appears to be stacked on its side against the pit release trigger! Disco 5 turns and starts ominously spinning up its flywheel, waiting to strike once again. The disc starts gaining momentum and Disco 5 rushes in€¦ but Venus Fly Trap nudges itself away using its lifting panel! Disco 5 is left to annihilate the pit target, as Venus Fly Trap played possum. Now Venus Fly Trap gets under Disco 5 and begins to lift it up! The seed is firmly clamped in place and Steve makes his way towards the pit! Disco 5€™s disc is spinning, and the flipper fires, but there is no escaping Venus Fly Trap, as it reaches the pits edge. The clamper releases its grip and starts to lower Disco 5 down€¦ but it is away! Disco 5 has managed to sneak away from the pits edge! Now it comes in on the attack!

CRASH!!!

Just like in the early stages of the match, the attack flips Venus Fly Trap over. But again, it is quick to self-right and makes a get away. But the earlier damage allows Disco 5 to quickly catch up with Venus Fly Trap, scooping it up with the wedge. Disco 5 moves across The Battlegrounds and operates its flipper, launching Venus Fly Trap into Triple Big Mac!

CRASH!!!

Venus Fly Trap clatters into the 1500rpm 70kg spinning ring of the house robot, knocking it senseless. But despite the amazing collision, Venus Fly Trap quickly rolls away€¦ right into Disco 5€™s oncoming spinner!

CRASH!!!

Poor Venus Fly Trap is being bombarded with relentless strikes! But again, the 4mm Hardox armour is holding up strong to the attacks, and Venus Fly Trap limps away. This time Disco 5 goes in with the wedge, and fires the flipper again, sending Venus Fly Trap tumbling. But remarkably Venus Fly Trap shrugs it off and gets its lifting plate under Disco 5 again and rolls the twenty seventh seed right onto its back! Without wasting any time Venus Fly Trap begins shunting Disco 5 towards the pit€¦ but Disco 5 self rights in the nick of time! Venus Fly Trap almost drives into the pit itself! But Steve backs his robot up€¦ right onto the wedge of Disco 5! Disco 5 drives forwards and with help from the flipper flicks Venus Fly Trap into the pit of oblivion, before driving in itself! What chaos!

CEASE!

Venus Fly Trap has been swatted!
    Disco 5 (27) advances to the Series Semi-Finals!!!

Another excellent fight, Andy. And with that, the Round 2 line-ups for Heat G are as follows:

Heat G, Round 2
    Cosmic Thunder 2 (13) vs. Cobalt
    Back to Rock III (29) vs. X-Terminator 3

Tactics, predictions, et cetera?

Agreed, well done to Martyn and to Andy for producing a most w00tiful fight. (one that I actually read without spoiling first too :P)

Cosmic Thunder 2 vs. Cobalt
    I think Cobalt will be able to get under Cosmic Thunder and wont be wanting to let Alex back into the fight at all. Frank ftw here.

Back To Rock III vs. X-Terminator 3
    If this is the XT3 as seen in series 7, BTR will get it over easily and thatll be it. If its the post series 7 one, it might last a bit longer, but the end result will still be in Martis favour.

Good luck people, heres hoping we can somehow drag this to its conclusion

Yeah, due to extremely aggravating situations not under my control, I will be unable to write fights for this tournament for the time being. So AJ, depending on how hes feeling, will be doing the fights and thus this tournament is unofficially called CBWars Series 3 now. :P

The next two fights should be up soon, again courtesy of the J-Man. Enjoy, people.

Time to celebrate lets all break Joey week with a couple of battles!

Heat G
    Round 2, Battle 1
    Cosmic Thunder 2 (13) vs. Cobalt

Roboteers, stand by€¦

House Robots: Triple Whamlet and Damocles

3€¦
    2€¦
    1€¦
    ACTIVATE!

Both robots go for each other right away. They have similar drive setups and meet right in the middle of The Battlegrounds. Neither of the two zero ground clearance wedges can get under each other. Frank and Alex both back their robots away, with Cosmic Thunder 2 then surging forwards and getting under Cobalt! Cosmic Thunder drives forwards quickly, but Cobalt gets away just before the flipper is fired. That close to the arena wall, it could have been an early exit for Cobalt! The two robots turn and circle each other, before the long wedge of Cobalt gets under Cosmic Thunder 2. Frank drives on forwards, and flies right under Cosmic Thunder 2, with the spinning weapon already at its maximum 500rpm. With its back turned towards Cosmic Thunder 2, Alex takes the opportunity to drive under the 30mm yawning ground clearance and flip Cobalt over! The lifting bar quickly turns Cobalt back over, but Cosmic Thunder 2 is there again to flip Cobalt€¦ into Damocles!

CRASH!!!

The spinning drum on the front of the house robot knocks Cobalt away, causing some sparks! Again, Cobalt self-rights and this time drives away quickly to avoid another attack. The unique flywheel style weapon starts to spin up again, as Cosmic Thunder 2 starts to pursue its opponent. The seeded robot gets under the side of Cobalt and flips again! Cobalt spins through 360° in the air and crashes back right side up. The Team Bored robot turns sharply to avoid another attack, and creates an opening to attack itself, driving forwards and catching one of the side skirts of Cosmic Thunder 2 with the flywheel. It didn€™t seem like much of a hit, but part of the skirt has definitely peeled upwards! Alex turns his robot right round and flips Cobalt almost instantly afterwards! Cosmic Thunder then begins to push Cobalt towards the wall again€¦ but Cobalt rolls away with its self-righting arm. Cobalt dashes away to spin up again, followed closely by Cosmic Thunder 2. The two robots dance around each other, trying to find a moment to attack. It is Cobalt that does so first, driving full steam into the side of Cosmic Thunder 2€¦

CRASH!!!

Good attack by Cobalt! The spinning weapon caught the previously damaged skirt and this time ripped it right off its hinges! Frank reverses his machine and attacks again, but the weapon is too slow to cause any damage this time. Cosmic Thunder 2 manoeuvres off the wedge and neatly scoops up Cobalt, pushing it with the wedge shape€¦ and flips it into the CPZ of Triple Whamlet! The house robot fires all three axes onto the top of Cobalt! Cosmic Thunder 2 drives in again and flips Cobalt deeper into the CPZ. Triple Whamlet catches Cosmic Thunder 2 on its plough and the axes now come down onto the other competitor! Alex is clearly unhappy and Cosmic Thunder swiftly flicks the house robot over onto its side! Cobalt self-rights, but it is stuck between a rock and a hard place and Cosmic Thunder promptly fires its flipper again, throwing Cobalt over the fence.

CEASE!

Cobalt is halt€¦ed!
    Cosmic Thunder 2 (13) advances to the Heat G Final!

-----

Heat G
    Round 2, Battle 2
    Back to Rock III (29) vs. X-Terminator 3

Roboteers, stand by€¦

House Robots: Renegade and Ancalagon the Black

3€¦
    2€¦
    1€¦
    ACTIVATE!

Both robots immediately start spinning up their vertical spinning weapons. X-Terminator is the first to physically head towards Back to Rock III, with the Dutch robot joining in the charge soon after. The big X-Terminator is outmanoeuvred by Back to Rock III, who has one goal in mind - get to the sides and flip it over! Team Varying Every Day€™s robot gets under the side and starts lifting straight away€¦ but X-Terminator€™s large size helps it to slide off the lifter quickly. X-Terminator turns and slams its flywheel into the side of Back to Rock III!

CRASH!!!

A fantastic hit by X-Terminator! As the sparks scatter away, a huge vertical gash is apparent on the side of Back to Rock III! But Back to Rock III shrugs off the blow and goes on the attack its self, using the lifter to raise X-Terminator up€¦ and over right onto its back! The flywheel skitters across the floor, as Back to Rock III spins in victory. It is all over as quick as that, as Renegade comes in and buries its axe into the base of X-Terminator 3. Ancalagon the Black ominously approaches, while Renegade moves to open up the pit. The Team DarkZlayerz leader grabs X-Terminator in its huge crushing jaws and gives it a quick toasting, before promptly shoving it across The Battlegrounds and into the pit!

CEASE!

X-Terminator would be better off as a Californian governor!
    Back to Rock III (29) advances to the Heat G Final!

Excellent work as always, Mr. J, and so the heat final...

Heat G Final
    Cosmic Thunder 2 (13) vs. Back to Rock III (29)

Tactics, predictions, the usual. Oh, and I gotta remind myself to slap AJ, so he can stop insulting his own writing ability, because as I just said, his battles were excellent. :P

Hmm, one out of two is alright I guess...

Again, using the rule of smaller front surface areas (heh), Back To Rock might be able to get under Cosmic Thunder more often than the reverse can happen. BTR FTW.

Great subbing from Andy, no need to keep breaking me *coughs* now. :P

Right.

The situation has gone from bad to worse. My laptops crashed. Again. And this time Im not sure its going to able to be repaired.

Case in point, there will probably be no C&B3 battle from me for a long while...actually, pretty much no writing at all from me. That means C&B3, the HRR3 final, MToD, and the Zlayerz RPG are all on hold, and I wont be able to do any more renders either. Nor will I be able to access WLM Messenger. Yes, Im quite, QUITE outraged at this, but Im trying to remain calm as I type this message from the library computer.

I have a few requests. First to David Weston (or Joey if hes willing :P): if he could help Tracy Farber with her featherweight, I would appreciate that as I started that but never finished with that, and Dave offered to help. Also could I get someone bug Chezza to enter Liams SMASH!! Returns thing? I bugged him initially but I dont think hes gonna post again. :P One more request (time on library computers almost up), Liam, could you replace Krackotoa (which wont be finished in time now :P) with The Zodiac? Thank you.

Sorry everyone. :sad:

:sad:

Sorry this all has to happen to you dude, you have my utmost sympathy...let me know any way you can if I can help, and hope you can get back to somewhat normal shortly. Just...damn :sad:

Itll all turn out okay though, chin up and youll get through it all dude.

Register To Comment