Register To Comment
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 3

Oi! Settle down, you lot!

----

*in the pits*

Melissa: You are up against one of the most powerful flippers ever to grace, or befoul, the warzone. What are your tactics?
    Samuel: Dont let him flip me, keep to the sides and rear...and more.
    Melissa: Are you worried?
    Samuel: Ummm...not really.
    Melissa: Alright, drum nice and sharpened?
    Samuel: Got the cutting wheel right here.
    Melissa: You really have come prepared. Right then, over to the Gravity bench...ah here we are. Gravity. You scared?
    Ben: No way.
    WJ: Not a bit.
    Melissa: Finished repairing the side armour? I noticed you took quite a buffetting in the second round.
    WJ: Yeah, it wasnt as bad as it looked, so were ready to go.
    Melissa: Right. Good luck out there.
    WJ: You got it.
    Ben: Ay.
    Melissa: Back to you, boys!

----

JP: Right. For me I feel that we have an underdog here. What say you?
    Kody: I say that the newcomer wont last long. For me, I say Gravity all the way.
    JP: I am inclined to agree, really. Dont forget, Gravity is pretty much one of the most powerful flippers to date. It throws, it tosses, and its even tossed over Growler in one go! Paralyzation 2 barely survived Round 1 in a melee with Gravity, it was being flipped around and everything...
    Kody: Exactly. It did manage to get in a few blows but I dont think that will compensate.
    JP: Well then I guess what we have to decide is how Paralyzation 2 will exit?
    Kody: Out in one flip. Over the fence, mate.
    JP: Exactly what I was thinking. Lets see if were right!

----

Gravity!

Reached the Series Semi-Finals in Robot Wars Series 7, but Tornado sent them down the pit.

Paralyzation 2!

A good newcomer, very strong, but one-on-one with a very powerful flipper...

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots! Cassius Chrome! Asterix Anarchius! The sound of these terrors shall surely bestow many more exclamation marks in the written words of the warzone!

ACTIVATE!

And they are definitely off! And Paralyzation 2 is slightly quicker but Gravity has the 2 wheel drive so it can manoeuvre around better, dont forget. But hey! Look at this! A slight drum hit has already knocked over Gravity! Could we see a shock here? Gravity self-rights, but it needs to get away from that spinning drum! Paralyzation now on the attack, Gravity roaming the warzone, trying to...build up some sort of steam but Paralyzation still after it, eh...ah! There, Gravity has found the side of Paralyzation, it came in too fast and let Gravity spin around to the side! And there we go! Gravity gives a huge toss...but not out! Paralyzation bounces on the railing, but comes back in! The newcomer continues to live! For how long though is anyones guess, as the tides have turned in WJs favour! Gravity attacks again, but Paralyzation just manages to slip by, and attack - no! Gravity has eluded the drum with a quick turn and is at the side again! Another toss! Paralyzation must be dizzy, spinning into the air as it comes crashing down onto its back, but Gravity wont leave it alone for a second! Another flip is given to the newbie, and it soars across the arena! Paralyzation cant get anything going in this match! It turns to fight off Gravity...only fo the flipper to come in again before it can attack! But...

CRASH!

Was it careless? Gravity simply attacked the now inverted drum, not what WJ or Ben had in mind, and the flipper takes the hit, bouncing Gravity into the air slightly before it comes down, and Paralyzation gets away...its after the pit release, obviously, and...shreds into it upon contact. Urgh. Right, another person to bill...and Gravity comes flying in from behind! It smashes into the back of Paralyzation, the tip of the wedge getting right to the drum, and lets fly another gigantic flip, sending Paralyzation flying into the air again - OH NO! Gravitys lifted its front end into the air with that same flip, and beached it onto the arena wall, just near the remains of the release button! Paralyzation seems to be right side up now, and now it sees Gravity perched there! Gravity fires the flipper to try and get itself off the wall, but ends up putting itself onto its back, and very much away from the wall! Paralyzation plows in immediately with the drum, and unexpectedly just as Gravity self-rights!

CRASH!

Gravity is tossed over, and right near the pit! The tides have turned once more! Gravity self-rights again, but the last shove is enough to send the famed flipper down to its doom!

CEASE!

Gravitys laws turn against him! The flipper gets drummed up into a state worse than having an apple fall on your head!
    Paralyzation 2 advances to the Series Semi-Finals!!!

And of course we have the next heat!

Heat D
    Cyclone Force 3 (7) vs. Rupture vs. Warhead vs. Pure Evil: Back to Basics
    Liar 2 (23) vs. Inferno vs. You€™re Dreaming vs. Panic Attack

As always, tactics and predictions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Liar 2 (23) vs. Inferno vs. You€™re Dreaming vs. Panic Attack

I took a close look at both my opponents and noticed for one that Inferno and Youre Dreaming are much alike and neither has a srimech. Also I noticed Infernos weapon is quite detailed and has quite some numbers in it to run through the Team Cosmos kinetic energy calculator, which I did. For the numbers that were not available I was QUITE guillable and what I saw is that the disc puts out 50 kJ at most, and seeing Youre Dreamings weapon is smaller AND lighter his output should be less then that. Either way I want both on their back ASAP.
    quote:

we have good chances of taking off the wheels, as although the wheels may be 6mm Hardox, the axle will be made of weaker stuff
    I am quite sorry but where do you read the axle is weaker than 6 mm Hardox? If its a standard axle its quite a bit bigger than 6 mm (6 mm is quite puny for even a FWs axle). I must admit that I never gave specifics for the axle but tbh no vapour does that. We always assume theres a standard axle and really a standard axle is thicker than 6 mm.

Register To Comment