Register To Comment
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 3

Well, just to make sure I dont miss out if a spot opens and someone fills it before I do () Ill put my team down to enter if someone drops out

Team Welsh Warlords
    Brutalis 2.0
    Shocking (stats coming soon, if not Systematical Shockerlarity)
    Forza
    Exodus
    Helix
    Duncan
    LockJaw Epidemic
    Gulp 2.0

I have my fingers crossed :wink:

NAME- *69
    SHAPE- It€™s a shaped like a five point star but the points are mounted round a inner circle so the points of the star spin round
    COLOR- yellow
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    SPEED- 19mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- about 10mm but is lower under the bottom teeth where it is about 3-4mm
    ARMOUR- 4mm hardox
    MOVEMENT- it uses 6 inner storm 2 style wheels
    DRIVE- it uses 2 x lem 130€™s
    BATTERIES- 4 x 30 cell 36volt 3ah Sanyo NiCad packs
    WEAPONS- as I said it has an outer spinning ring so is a fbs the ring is powered by a LEM 200 motor at 60volts, the points on the star each have sharpened teeth on them and it spins in a clockwise direction, each point has 3 teeth on it, one on the bottom for tearing at skirts in wheels, one in the middle for body work and that, and one at the top for aerials and tall robots and also used for bottom teeth when flipped
    SRIMECH- Invertible, points and blades stop it from sticking on side
    NOTES- Still the only star shaped robot, the weapon is significantly more powerful than before.
    STRENGTHS- Powerful weapon and drive
    WEAKNESSES- nights with no stars

Name-Panicking Still?
    SHAPE- Low invertible box
    COLOUR- Yellow except for the lifting forks which are black
    WEIGHT- 98kg
    DIMENSIONS- 65cm x 60cm x 15cm (Length x Width x Height)
    SPEED- 20mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0 mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0 mm at front due to forks, 0 mm at sides and rear due to skirts 6 mm with out, the skirts are hinged so flop over when the robot is flipped. These can be removed before the fight if I wish them to be.
    ARMOUR- 5 mm Hardox
    MOVEMENT- 6 Vulcalon wheels to give extra pushing power
    POWER- 4x S28-400 @ 24volts
    WEAPONS- on the front the robot has a pair of invertible lifting forks, the forks are like those on panic attack, the forks are powered by 2 linear actuators
    SRIMECH- The robot is invertiable so doesn€™t require one. The robot can€™t rest on its sides, rear or front. Due to the skirts and that the sides are slightly angled. It can€™t rest on its front due to the forks.
    STRENGTHS- Low to the ground, reliable weapon
    WEAKNESSES- Kind of old design I suppose.

Name- Catus Catus 8.1
    SHAPE- It€™s shaped like a cat about to pounce (I have a picture of what I mean if u need it)
    COLOUR- black and white
    WEIGHT- 150kg (it€™s a shuffle bot)
    DIMENSIONS- 90cm X 78cm X 35cm
    SPEED- 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to jaws, 0mm at rear due to tail and it now has 0mm side ground clearance due to new side skirts
    ARMOUR- it has 4mm hardox
    MOVEMENT- moves on 8 inner camshafts (like drillzilla)
    POWER - 2 S28-400€™s on 24volts
    WEAPONS- It has a front pair of growler style crushers shaped like a cats head powered by a 80mm bore ram with 3000psi hydraulics, the rear weapon is a flipping tail powered by 80mm Bore ram on 1000psi pneumatics.
    NOTES- has curved sides to stop landing on side
    STRENGTHS- great weapons, self rights with ease
    WEAKNESSES- Limited co2

Name: Disco 5
    Shape: Low Wedge with small rear wedge
    Motivation: it now uses four storm 2 style Vulcalon wheels
    Speed: 12.5 Mph
    Weight: 100kg
    Height: 300mm to top of body, 600mm to the top of the disc
    Length: 1300mm
    Width: 600mm
    Weapon: 500mm Vert. flywheel @ 3000rpm. Has a 4.00 second spin up time due to the C40-500 Magmotor on 36v with a 2:1 twin tension cog belt reduction. The flywheel produces 31.5Kj€™s at maximum RPM but is lethal at around 1 second. The second weapon is also the srimech, this weapon is a low pressure pneumatic flipper running on 10Bar (145psi) running into a single 80mm bore ram. This produces 509kg at the ram and is then transferred into the flipper with a leverage point ratio of 1:1. This is a forward facing flipper like FireStorm and will have no problem toppling the heaviest of robots.
    Chassis: 4mm Grade 5 Titanium monocoque with extra 5mm Titanium ribs to give it more rigidity.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v with a 10:1 Mod 2 spur gear reduction
    Batteries: 90 x 3000mAh NiCD cells producing 36v @ 9amp
    Color- the robot and skirts and flipper are blue and the disc is yellow
    Clearance- it has 0mm at the front due to the wedge it has 0mm at the sides due to skirts its 6mm with out it also has a 0mm at the rear due to the small wedge which is there to replace the problem of the skirt being flipped into the disc. The skirts are NOT hinged and held down by torsion-springs so they shouldn€™t spring up and the rear one shouldn€™t go up into the disc
    Notes- The flywheel is at the back off the robot it goes over the back of the wedge so if I can get a robot up the wedge far enough it will be hit by the disc. The shape of the robot stops it from landing on its side.

NAME- The deer (was crusher chaos)
    SHAPE- Invertible box
    COLOR- the robot and claws are a dark green color
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 1m x 80cm x 25cm (l,w,h)
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- It has 6mm at the front due to the claws and has 0mm at the sides and rear due to the skirts, without skirts 6mm. The skirts also work both ways up.
    ARMOUR- 3.6mm hardox
    MOVEMENT- 4 inner wheels that make the robot invertible
    POWER- 2 x S28 Magmotors on 24v.
    WEAPONS- it has a front pair of horizontal hydraulic crushing claws set up like deers antlers (shaped like those you find in extreme destruction.) The claws have 3.5 tones of crushing force on the front tips of the claws at the middle is 6tones and right at the back it has 8 tones of crush. The claws are powered by hydraulics through a 120mm bore rams at 3000psi
    NOTES- invertible, wide base means the deer wont topple while crushing
    STRENGTHS- Very powerful weapon
    WEAKNESSES- it could be turned into venison

Name-Forklift 2
    SHAPE- Low box with rear anti self flipping wedge
    COLOUR- Yellowy orange
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    SPEED- 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at front due to flipper, 0mm at sides due to skirts 7mm with out, 0mm at rear due to wedge. The skirts are held down by torsion springs
    ARMOUR- 5mm hardox
    WHEELS- has 6 inner storm 2 style wheels
    WEAPONS- it now uses a flipping arm that works much like the matadors or Toro€™s the flipper is powered by co2 on a 120mm pneumatic ram, working at 500psi, the flipper front is pretty unique as its front is like that of a fork lift (it has 2 flat bits of metal) this is welded onto the flipper, the arm can toss robots very high and if possible out of the arena. The prongs of the forklift weapon are used to get under the corners or gaps of skirts
    SRIMECH- the flipper self rights the robot but because of the rear wedge thing it self rights like firestorm does i.e. the front wheels will go down first
    NOTES- this is a modified version of my robot from the panic attack forum.
    STRENGTHS- Power full weapon
    WEAKNESSES- limited co2

NAME: Naughty Girl
    SHAPE- low box with front scoop built into the shape
    COLOUR- purple for the main robot but the axe is black.
    WEIGHT- 102kg
    SPEED- 17mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to the scoop shape, 12mm round the sides and rears without skirts, 0mm with them.
    ARMOUR- 3.5mm Hardox
    TRACKS- the robot runs on tracks much like suicidal tendencies, however unlike suicidal tendencies the tracks aren€™t exposed and the robot is not invertible
    WEAPONS- The robot uses an axe much like you would find on Kat 3, and it operates on a rack and pinion system like terrorhurtz. The axe runs at 250psi off of co2, for which it has a 2kg co2 bottle. The axe head can be replaced for a flipper plate, should the opponent be easy to flip, however the axe will be used in most cases.
    SRIMECH- The axe/flipper can easily selfright the robot, this is aided by a curved rear. The sides are slightly curved also to stop the robot resting there.
    NOTES- inspiration helped here
    STRENGTHS- Damaging weapon
    WEAKNESSES- people not liking tracked robots

Name: You€™re dreaming
    Shape: circle shaped (like gyrobot)
    Color: Black
    Motivation: Wheels
    Speed: 15MPH
    Weight: 98.1kg
    Height: 140mm
    Length: 700mm
    Width: 700mm
    Weapon: The weapon is a 1300mm 20.4kg Hardox spinning bar @ 2500RPM. The spinning bar is powered by two Lemco 170 on 48v with 1.5:1 gearing. The weapon is spun up to full speed in 4.32secs, but will be savage by 1second. The spinning bar produces a whooping 110kj¡¦s at the full RPM and has teeth under the blade that sit 50mm from the floor to get those nasty thin dietary bots. The whole weapon is mounted on a 75mm silver steel shaft and uses oilite bearings which are mounted in 20mm titanium mounts which are then welded to the titanium monocoque body. The spinning weapon will self-right the robot if it manages to flip itself via a reverse mauler dance preformed numerous times by Tornado-Mer and Killer Byte.
    Drive: The drive is a 4WD system powered by 4 x Astro Flight Cobalt 90¡¦s, each producing 1HP on 24v. The drive isn¡¦t designed for hard pushing, but because of the power in the weapon and the supports on the weapon, the drive shouldn¡¦t have to do any pushing, just a lot of running and chasing.
    Batteries: 6 x 24v 3600mAh NiCD Battle packs producing 48v at 9amp.
    Armour: 5mm Grade 5 Titanium monocoque with inner 20mm bulkheads
    Notes: Hell of a dangerous spinning weapon, because the body of the robot is round, it¡¦s hard for anyone to push the robot around as they will just slides around it.
    Weakness- Loopholes
    Strengths- I didn€™t design it

1. *69
    2. Panicking Still?
    3. Catus Catus 8.1
    4. Disco 5
    5. The Deer
    6. Forklift 2
    7. Naughty Girl *brand new robot*
    8. Youre Dreaming

Thanks Martyn!

Right, need all of AJs squad, and some from Mattys. Will redo the list ASAP. Gimme a few minutes...

1. Frank Goacher
    Tempest Evil-est-oution
    The 6isc
    The May Tracks Has You
    ISDFSA
    Masamune
    Sakura
    Cobalt
    Door Stops

2. Paul Cuomo
    Nitro-Gene 5.0
    The Rock
    Knyfe
    Heyght
    Inferno
    MeCannibal 3.0
    Big Nipper
    Storm II

3. Christopher Mason
    Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus
    Cyclone Force 3
    Leprosy Infection
    Axe-O-Lotl
    Orka Mk 4
    Mega Masher 2
    Y4
    Crash Trashing Robot

4. Ben Read
    Iron Awe 5
    Megabyte
    Biohazard
    Gemini
    Gravity
    Tsunami
    Onslaught
    Nightmare

5. Alex Holt
    Slammer VI
    Salamander III
    Tengu VII
    Achilles
    Baldur Gamma
    Black Panther
    Archangel of the Abyss
    Dante

6. Danny Bailey
    Death Threat 0.2
    Axes of Evil
    Cat With Wheels
    Crimson Thunder
    Sithis
    Lethal Execution
    Blue Sparks
    Leviathan

7. Martijn M Benschop
    Sheer Heart Attack 2
    Axe to Fall
    Flick of the Wrist
    Another Night at the Bar
    Back to Rock III
    With or Without You
    Liar 2
    Under Pressure/real robot

8. Steven McGregor
    Wedge Devolution
    Killotine: EVO
    Spin Dash Unleashed
    Whirligig 4.5
    E Clawdius Unum
    Turbo Tails
    Traffic Warden
    Venus Fly Trap

9. Daniel Stickler
    Supreme
    Noo Monsoon
    Dervish: Generation X
    Pure Evil: Back 2 Basics
    DreamCatcher
    Weapon Synergy Unleashed
    Fling
    LowDown

10. Alex MacWilliams
    Snijder
    Return of Feedback
    Eurypterus Evolved
    Flank Attack: DT
    Cosmic Thunder 2
    Cacodemon
    Malaria
    The Windmill

11. Shane Swan
    Envy
    Thor
    Hells Teeth
    Air
    Trax
    Panic Attack (S4)
    Firestorm V
    Typhoon 2

12. Dan Boulton
    Terrorhurtz
    Tornado (S7)
    Turbulence
    Warhead
    X-Terminator 3
    Hypno-Disc (S6)
    Razer (S6)
    Atomic (S7)

13. Samuel Park
    Fatality
    Axetra
    Mad Dash
    Blade of Doom
    Ramminator
    Bubonic Plague
    Walk Dont Run 3n a half
    Paralyzation 2

14. Martyn Forsyth
    Star 69
    Panicking Still
    Catus Catus 8.1
    Disco 5
    The Deer
    Forklift 2
    Naughty Girl
    Youre Dreaming

15. Matthew Fowler
    BIACS-LE
    Hypertension Mk 3
    Storm Wars - Episode 1 - Attack of the Clones (how about I just call it Storm Wars )

16. Andrew Jackson
    (reserved)

Mkay, AJ needs all his bots in, and Matty needs 5. If you two are still perfecting your stats, keep doing so, but remember to rush in when Joey gets back.

All right, AJ

Right, now we wait for good ol Matty.

*snatches megaphone out of Pauls hands* :P

Paul, where did the stats for Nitro-Gene 5.0 go?

Hmmm... He seems to have sneakily started using NG 4.0 with 4 LEMs, hardox and flipper again... Its that version entered in the Killer Toad...

Also Paul you seem to be fibbing a bit about Tri-Tainiums battle record It says 4 wins/1loss, but its lost twice in my tourneys alone! I guess its a typo?

(Message edited by Swim2win on August 13, 200

are you saying Paul purposely tries to enter overweight robots? and I say purposely because we TOLD Paul it would be overweight and Paul claimed to take that advise...

now that would be low...

Well if he doesnt explain, Im going to ask him to replace it.

Or, I could wipe his spot...

(Message edited by kodster on August 13, 200

Register To Comment