Register To Comment
Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by leorcc
    Quote Originally Posted by leorcc
    Hardox or any other steel on a feather is certainly possible, but how thick depends on the rest of the robot of course.
    My new feather, Hardox armour.
    Yep, it's certainly doable, my old wedge had 3.2mm Hardox 450 and 5-6mm Farm Steel (Plough Disc!)

It's all about the thickness and amount used

Hi, CPA23, welcome back! Good vapour there, but there's a few problems with it...

1) The B42 MagMotors...they are more properly called BFA42 MagMotors. Also, they come in specific series, such as 500, 600, and a few others. Which one are you referring to?

2) A123 cells come in multiples of 3.3v, so they don't equal 48v exactly. Also, how many cells are in those 8 packs? The number of cells dictates the voltage you will have.

3) The ground clearance is a bit sketchy. If you mean that the ground clearance at both the front and rear is 0, then it won't move. Also, 3mm is a bit small itself, you might want to bump that up to 10mm so you don't have trouble driving.

4) With the armour you have on, the 100/80/50cm dimensions you have are quite optimistic, and lessening the armour will solve the weight problem but make your robot more vulnerable. You should lower one or two of the dimensions a bit.

5) You can't run Nitrogen pneumatics from a CO2 tank.

6) Shouldn't the titanium barbs be visible from the side view?

7) You should have a front and/or top view to compliment the side view, it helps us visualize it better that way.

Yeah, try and fix those things and we should be all set.

Ok, thanks for the help.

1: Which would you reccomend?

2: I'll change the batteries to Intercooled NiCad Battlepacks
    http://www.robotcombat.com/products/...tercooled.html, but how many should I use and at what voltage?

3: I'll up the ground clearance to 10mm and lose the back skirt

4: The new dimensions will be 100x70x35

5: Ok, my bad. I meant a nitrogen tank, I apologise for this, it was like 2 AM.

6&7: I will fix the picture & add a new picture tommorow.

1/2) If you're going with NiCad Battlepacks instead, then I would recommend either S28-400 MagMotors (more power but less thermal energy) or C40-300 MagMotors (bit less power but more thermal energy so they'll last longer), and I'd recommend running the S28s on 24v/C40s on 36v, and using at least 5 or 6 Battlepacks for either.

3) Okay.

4) Seems doable to me, although other people might question it.

5) It's okay, I have made stats late before and have had to change them for it. :P

6/7) Yep, it's all good. For a paint pic that was actually a pretty good attempt, although if you feel up to it, you may want to try your hand at 3d-modelling programs such as Rhino or SolidWorks (Rhino is a bit easier to use) to give an even better visualization.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA23
    Ok, I will try Rhino but in the meantime I will post a new picture using paint.
    No problem at all, mate, your pic was pretty good after all. I started out using Paint, although I deleted all my old paint pics before 2005.

Iv'e made a new robot which will replace a bot Mark gave me

4-Bar Discount

Weight: 100kg
    Shape: A box wedge that has a wedge on all sides, like Storm 2, but with a rounded rear
    Colour: Grey with blue and red stripes
    Dimensions: 0.67m x 0.78m x 0.68m
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 7x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 4 Storm 2 style wheels
    Armour: 2mm Polycarbonate baseplate. Everything else is 40mm HDPE to combat axes
    Speed: 14mph
    Ground Clearance. 0mm's at front. 7mm elsewhere
    Turning circle: That of a pizza machine. 0
    Weapon: A 4-Bar flipper which is powered by a 4kg nitrogen tank and a 100mm ram at 1000psi . The bot also has static spikes at the rear for extra protection.
    Srimech: Flipper of course
    Strenghs: Good flipper. Good armour and plenty of potential
    Weakness: Um..... Not sure.
    Bio: A bot that seeks to beat you to a bloody pulp
    Win/Loss Ratio: N/A

What do you think

I think...

1) 2mm polycarbonate is too thin, even for a baseplate

2) It's incredibly tall for a box wedge.

3) It's okay, minus above points 1 and 2.

Register To Comment