Register To Comment
Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by joeychevron
    Aaron himself admits Gyrate was a disaster XD
    Lol, that robot was designed for two reasons.
    1. To take the title of Biggest KE Weapon Ever
    2. To be the first spinning weapon that cracks the sound barrier.
    It could also have attained the title of Biggest explosion ever.

There was a lot of theoretical crap in the design that probably wouldn't have come to fruit, but hey, that's basically vaporbots in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by corsair_lightning
    Well Aaron, I came up with a new design called Extreme Gyration that attempts to rectify some of Gyrate's faults(mainly the 2mm polycarb and near-nil shockproofing). I'm just wondering: If it hit something(ala Wedginator 9.0 ), how much damage do you suppose it could cause?
    The reason it had 2mm polycarb armor was the fact so much weight was put into the frame and weapon so it wouldn't explode before hitting the opponent. It had shock resistant mounting in the design, but it wasn't emphasized in the stats like most people do now.

I'm only guessing here, but hitting something with that much energy and speed, it would probably punch clean through like a bullet through a coke can. Although running the weapon at 8000+ RPM might also give you issues with getting a decent bite on the opponent, you see this a lot with high speed drums/discs, they tend to grind against the opponent till they catch an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrous
    Although running the weapon at 8000+ RPM might also give you issues with getting a decent bite on the opponent, you see this a lot with high speed drums/discs, they tend to grind against the opponent till they catch an edge.
    Correct, that is why a I never use my disc at full throttle. at 13000 rpm there is just no more bite with the teeth.

And that's when you start looking into other ideas like 1 tooth discs, heavier weapon mass and beaters.

In the ants there is really no need, my fights are usually over in 4 seconds anyway.

The ram doesn't have to be vertical.

Register To Comment