Register To Comment
Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Well if you want to keep both weapons you need to make the armour way thinner than 9mm.

keep in mind that every square meter 1mm thick Titanium is 4,5kg.

And dont forget that all those motors need batteries.

Id assume that the real robot is then a real robot, while the set of stats remains the vapourbot. Of course if the real version turns out to suck youve shot yourself in the foot, lol.

In that case Ill just keep it secret which one I picked.

Oh, before I forget...

Paul, I contacted Mario de Jongh (the guy who makes custom rams, youve seen him on this site), and he agrees with me that Nitro-Gene 5.0 is still in the wrong. You see, the bottles are still too big for the height of the body, and the pressure on the valves would blow them off completely.

If I were you, Id think about switching for CO2 and start calling it Carbo-Gene.

Problem: The front-hinged flipper really wouldnt be of any use.

EDIT: Yeah, I know, I said I wouldnt get involved with this, but I hardly follow through with what I say in this regard. :P

(Message edited by kodster on July 28, 200

But you see, the way things work is that if theyre both powered by the same system, both flippers will activate at the same time, unless theyre lifters and youre using linear actuators to power each. You need separate systems for each flipper, and that way they can work independently. Id say a 2kg CO2 tank is good for each.

Another problem is that your width is much too small. At least double it. Your height might need a few more cms as well.

Ditch the 4mm Hardox and go with 7-8mm titanium. With that kind of weaponry, Hardox would tend to make it overweight.

(Message edited by kodster on July 29, 200

The width seems okay for now, still a tad thin, but Ill leave it be.

But how much CO2 will power your separate flipper systems?

(Message edited by kodster on July 29, 200

Register To Comment