Register To Comment
Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

The blade spins at 1000rpm, and can do a bunch of damage to aluminum and weak titanium.

There's also a small 2kg Pussycat style blade at the rear, powered by a 24v S28-150 Magmotor, it spins at 1000rpm, and can scratch most thicknesses of titanium.

...both these blades seem to be the same and yet have different capabilities? :S

Good point. The revised stats:

Killophobic (Destructophobic 2)
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Lightning (S7)
    Colour: Gold. The flipper is dark blue.
    Dimensions: 90cm x 80cm x 35cm
    Drive: 2 24v S28-400 Magmotors powered by 7x NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 foam-filled wheels.
    Armour: 3.5mm hardox monocoque
    Speed: 22mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 0mm at back due to torsion-sprung titanium skirt(4.5mm without skirts), and 4.5mm at sides.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Weapons: A rear-hinged flipper, powered by a 1.75kg 750psi Co2 tank. It can flip robots up to 1000kg. There's also a small 2kg 20cm-diameter Pussycat style blade at the rear, powered by a 24v S28-150 Magmotor, it spins at 1000rpm, can cut aluminum, and can scratch most thicknesses of titanium.
    Srimech: The flipper.
    Strengths: Good weapon, excellent body shape, strong armor, extra rear weapon.
    Weaknesses: Could be annihilated due to controversy.

Wishbone 2
    Shape: A wide, rather then long, rectangle.
    Colour: Gold on the top and bottom, with silver at the front, back, and sides.
    Dimensions: 30cm x 90cm x 25cm
    Drive: 2 36v LEM-170 motors, powered by 8x A123 Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 aluminum wheels with vulkanized rubber tyres and aluminum boron carbide hubcaps.
    Armour: 4mm hardox monocoque.
    Speed: 19mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front due to Special weapon, 5mm at back and sides.
    Weapons: There are 2 Overkill-shaped titanium wedges at the front: 1 in a normal position, and 1 inverted to where the inclined faces the inclined end of the other wedge. The plan is: a flipper will get stuck in between the 2 wedges, he will try to fire the flipper to get out, but the flipper will jam and he can't get out, allowing me to relatively easily control the match and the opposing robot. There's also a small 2kg 20cm-diameter Pussycat style blade at the rear, powered by a 24v S28-150 Magmotor, it spins at 1000rpm, can cut aluminum, and can scratch most thicknesses of titanium.
    Srimech: Invertible
    Strengths: An average 26hp of pushing power.
    Weaknesses: Can easily be flipped, might not be able to catch flippers and wedges in its twin wedges.

I'd also like you to take a look at Minesweeper again.

Minesweeper
    Shape: Tornado (S6)
    Colour: Silver, with MINESWEEPER written on the sides in red.
    Dimensions: 90cm x 85cm x 25cm
    Drive: 2x 36v LEM-130 motors, powered by 6x NiCad Battlepacks. The motors power the 2 middle wheels.
    Locomotion: 6 Titanium/Vanadium alloy wheels with Vulkanized rubber tyres.
    Armour: 6mm hardox monocoque
    Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front and back due to scoops, and 5mm at sides.
    Weapon: 2 Hardox snowplow-like scoops that can move slightly vertically, like Behemoth's, so I get good pushing power, but 0mm ground clearance at front and back.
    Srimech: Invertible
    Strengths: Super-reliable and fast. Now more maneuverable and with tougher armor.
    Weaknesses: Not too much of an offensive weapon.

Remove any references to Destructophobic. Now. Despite me retiring it, it remains mine and I do not want anyone taking it/referencing it for themselves. You can still use the Killphobic name, but no referencing my retired robot, k?

Notice: When I get no reply, it makes me think that there's nothing wrong with them.
    I€™m afraid this isn€™t the right way to go about things, Mark. I€™m sure others have explained already that this is a very busy time of the year for most of us. We will tell you whether your designs are okay or not. Please do not just presume. Most of us have much more important things to do than review your vapourbots. If one of us gets time, we€™ll review them for you. They€™re only right when one of us tells you they€™re right.

Killophobic

As Kody said, please remove the references to Destructophobic.

The shape needs expanding on quite a lot. I could quite easily assume that you mean a lightning bolt. You either need to describe the shape in your stats or post a picture or video of the robot you are comparing it to. There are users of this forum who may have never seen the robot Lightning. The more information you put in your stats, the greater the chance of a writer fully understanding your vapourbot.

You could possibly give a bit more information about the wheels. Provide some rough dimensions and tell us about the materials used for the hub and the tyre. Then we can understand the durability of the wheels if it were to come in contact with a vapourbot such as May Tracks or Spin Dash.

I would suggest lowering the speed slightly. Correct me if I€™m wrong, but I believe two wheel drive robots would be very hard to control at that speed. Indeed, any robot would be hard to control at that speed. Tornado was less than half the speed Killophobic is currently. A slower robot generally means a more controlled robot.

I€™d probably increase the ground clearance a bit. Possibly even double it. The higher the ground clearance, the easier you should be able to drive.

Your flipper bottle doesn€™t have a very high capacity. The flipper experts should be able to help you out on this one, but I believe standard bottles are 2.2kgs? A couple of years ago you wouldn€™t have needed this, but now you should really provide at least some rough details about your flipper ram(s). Especially since you claim a flipping force of 1000kgs. How did you work this out? There is a website where you can calculate this, which I imagine you would be able to find in the Beginners Guide to Vapourbots thread.

I assume your saw blade is vertical? If so, it might cause you a few issues self-righting. You can cut Aluminium and scratch Titanium (apparently) but what about Hardox? Most vapourbots are armoured in this, and so you might need something a little more potent.

In terms of self-righting, what happens if you land on your sides, for example. Try and cover as many possibilities so that you don€™t get screwed over. If you don€™t say you can self-right from your sides, you probably won€™t.

€œCould be annihilated due to controversy€ - is there any point to this comment?

I have expressed my dislike for weaknesses before, and would personally suggest that you remove them. If you have any intention of winning a vapourbot battle, you won€™t tell your opponent how to beat you. This is up to you though.

This vapourbot isn€™t too bad really. It just lacks a few finer details, and hopefully my comments will point you in the right direction. But please think about my suggestions and take them into consideration. Don€™t rush some new stats together in 5 minutes time along with another two brand new designs. I€™ll have a look at Wishbone 2 and/or Minesweeper later on if I have the time. I hope this is helpful to you.

Killophobic
    Shape: Lightning (S7)
    http://www.youtube.com/v/WBqh_db8hng&hl=en&fs=1
    Colour: Gold. The flipper is dark blue.
    Dimensions: 90cm x 80cm x 35cm
    Drive: 2 24v S28-400 Magmotors powered by 7x NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 foam-filled urethane rubber wheels with aluminum boron carbide hubs.
    Armour: 3.5mm hardox monocoque
    Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front due to shape, 0mm at back due to torsion-sprung titanium skirt (7mm without skirts), and 7mm at sides.
    Weapons: A rear-hinged flipper, powered by a 2.2kg 750psi Co2 tank. It can flip robots up to 1000kg using a 70mm bore 300mm stroke ram. There's also a small 2kg 20cm-diameter vertical Pussycat style blade at the rear, powered by a 24v S28-150 Magmotor, it spins at 1000rpm, can cut aluminum, and can scratch most thicknesses of titanium and 3.25mm Hardox.
    Srimech: The flipper. If it lands on its side, the rather interesting shape will allow it to fall onto its flipper.
    Strengths: Good weapon, excellent body shape, strong armor, extra rear weapon.
    Weaknesses: Controversy. Nah, there never was any controversy.

Being in the middle of writing intros for a Chevron Championship heat that contains an inordinate amount of box wedges, I think I can guess which one :P

Register To Comment