Register To Comment
Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

3) 2 15KG Dragonstrike style spinning disks
    4) 2 15KG Kishar style spinning disks

Youre as well making that one combined setup on its own rather than two different ones, because Dragonstrike and Kishar both have the same type of discs; the only differences are one is painted grey and powered by an EV warrior and the other is natural hardox colour and powered by two HTI motors.
    Other than that, Im sure Tony would like that his machines are serving as inspiration

Ben the discs that Tony uses are all watercut from the same plate of Hardox 650 as well as 20 more of exactly the same discs in use in robots all over Europe. We still have 3 of them lying around in our shed. Our axehead on Obsidian comes from the same plate.

THE LEM200 DOES NOT PRODUCE 25HP!!!!
    its the same as an etek, 15hp

The Lem130 does not produce 9hp, it produces 3KW which is 4hp not 9, you even quote the page which tells you how much power they produce.

If I use the peak of my motors to calulate the power of my feaherweight then I run 1,5Kw of power as well (=2HP). In reality I usually run between 200W and 300W as a constant.

The thing is you never run at peak in real life and neither has storm II. There is just no way you get all that power to the floor. In any case, the peak performance of a lem 130 might well be 9 HP on 36V, there is no way you could do that as a constant but for a few seconds at best.

Thats why the dyno bench test from LEM themselves give much lower performance specs, even though they are still awesome for their power to weight ratio.

SSAB, the company that makes steel for different applications. Their main line comprises of 4 types of steel:

Hardox - wearplate
    Weldox - Structural Steel Plate
    Toolox - Pre-hardened machine and tool steel
    Armox - Armour plating steel

Hardox and Weldox you are still able to weld. Mighty Mouse uses Weldox, and Trevor prefers it over Hardox.

Toolox would be only usefull for spinner bars and such. It is much harder than Hardox and Weldox but because off it more brittle and easy to shatter.

Armox is unusable for us. You cant drill it, you cant weld it, the only thing you could do is clamp it in something, but that thing would probably get ripped off before the plate gets a scratch.

All these steel sorts are from one factory based in Oxelsund, Sweden.

Competitor names are Creusabro and Xar. Same type of steel sorts, just different names.

Can I ask - if the LEM130 provides 4hp, why does Storm 2 use LEM130s at 36V and get 18hp not 8hp? I think 24V LEM130s give 3hp, but we use the 36V ones for more power.

And maybe the LEM200 provides 15hp somewhere in the Voltage area. At what Voltage does a LEM200 give 15hp
    Peak power and max constant power are totally different, Storm claim 18hp but will never achive it, same as Tanto potentially could hit 30HP but never would hit that. I put Tanto on a rolling road to see how powerfull it really was and was mildy disapointed, thats why i dont use Eteks anymore

The LEM200 would require 48v 200A to hit 15 HP.

Register To Comment