Register To Comment
Page 45 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Weaponry: 2 pairs of vertical claws, they can move 180 degrees, and both are independent, meaning I can Crush one opponent at the rear, and another at the front, it can also tear chunks of armour out

With the amount of hydraulics and electrics involved, that might even be over 100kg alone...

Ben, exactly how do you expect to tear large chunks of armour out?

quote:

Ben, the axe would explode at that pressure. And CO2 doesnt run at 1000psi anyway.
    lol, I would expect Ben to understand the physics of weapons exploding in mid-fight going by his battles

Nidhogg Evo
    WEIGHT: 100kgs
    DIMENSIONS: 110 x 80 x 30 (with arm raised, 50) cm
    SHAPE: The front of the robot is almost the same as the S7 Lightning, with the rear being more rounded
    COLOUR: Dark (almost black) red and green with one darkish gold chevron on the front
    DRIVE: 2 LEM-130 motors run at 36v from 10kg worth of NiCad batteries, driving two inner Vulkalon tyred wheels located just in front of the robots centre. This means it turns around its front, rather than other 2wd robots that have the wheels at the back, and makes it easier to point the front (and therefore weapons) where I want them to go. A ball transfer unit in the rear makes maneuvering easier.
    SPEED: 15mph average, 20mph max
    GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at the front due to the weapons, varying from 0-10mm elsewhere
    ARMOUR: Mostly 3.2mm Hardox, which at the rear is formed into a continuous quarter sphere and used as part of the chassis. The front ramp is 4mm Hardox, along with the weaponry, and the base is 6mm polycarbonate with 2mm grade 5
    titanium additional protection in key areas.
    WEAPONS: 1) Inside the front ramp (up to about halfway) is a hydraulically powered rear hinged lifting device, which can lift
    about a tonne and raises fully in about two seconds.
    2) Sticking out of the front wedge is a hydraulically powered crushing arm, which has rounded yet sharp spines on it, tipped
    with a hardened tool steel point, running from a hydraulic ram located behind it similar to Executioner, giving about 15 tonnes
    of force at the tip of the arm.
    The hydraulics are driven from a Vivoil pump running off a S28-400 Magmotor producing 3000psi of pressure.
    Also, either side of the front lifter there are Hardox spike/wedges for getting underneath or ramming opponents.
    SRIMECH: The top of the robot and the top of the crushing arm have a rollover shape (think M2/Mega Morg) that should
    allow it to roll over onto its wheels if it gets tipped over. If for any reason the rolling over doesnt work, like it getting up
    against a wall, moving the crushing arm should change the balance enough to allow it to self right.
    NOTES: Internals are shockproofed to withstand hits from spinners, as most of my robots are. Keeps the LED eyes from the
    previous version, but this time mounted through holes in the armour.
    STRENGTHS: Good maneuvrability and weapons synergy, original srimech problem sorted
    WEAKNESSES: One in seventeen billion chance of the robot spontaneously combusting just before a fight

Checking, sil vous plait?

Very cool bot and a nice improvement Joey, we badly needed the rollcage srimech to be brough back to the world of vapours, I always adored them.

I like this one alot

davids
    quote:

You might want to run the axe at a higher pressure, 1000 PSI would qaudruple the damage

So does axe damage (D) and pressure (P) run in a straight line where D = a constant x P?

Maybe that is where I dropped my 3 marks in my a-level physics

Robot Name: Brutalis 2.1
    Shape: Like Dantomkia, but with the sides wedged at 42* and rear and the front chisels are now hinged. The front wedge itself is angled at 42* to deflect spinners, but the chisels will easily get under most opponents
    Weight: 100kg
    Length: 77cm
    Width: 77cm
    Height: 15cm
    Motivation: 2 x go-kart style wheels, internally mounted near the front of the robot to prevent wheelying. They are monuted on a slant like Tazbot to help manouevrability and are right up against the sides to take up less space
    Drive: 2 x LEM-130s at 48v
    Batteries: 6 3600mAh NiCad Battlepacks at 48v
    Armour: 4mm hardox on front, top, sides and rear, 4mm 7075 hi-grade aluminium on base, 5mm hardox flipper and 5mm titanium skirts
    Weaponry:
    1)Front hinged flipper, powered by 1 x 1.5kg co2 bottle and a single 120m ram at 145psi. This allows it to have 20-25 flips per fight (due to the low pressure) and easily flip any heavyweight competitors, even with bonuses. It wont be throwing them around, more tipping them over and rolling them around although quickly. It runs for the full length of the robot and reaches over the back to make a Toro-style tongue at the rear. This tongue doesn€™t actually touch the floor, as the robot would be grounded if it did, but it rests on the skirt and points downwards so that if a robot goes up the skirt they go onto the flipper, and as it is sloped they will be thrown over easily. This allows it to flip robots from the front and back
    2)Mute-style barbs on top of the robot. There is one strip on each side of the robot and one on the flipper, making three in total
    Top Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: Effectively 0 at the front due to the wedge, 0 at sides and rear due to skirts, behind the skirts there is 8mm of clearance
    Turning Circle: 0
    Srimech: The flipper will easily spring the robot back onto its wheels
    Colour: Black all over, but the flipper is red and the skirts yellow
    Strengths: Powerful drive/flipper combination
    Weaknesses: Not great base armour
    Notes: Plenty of shock-proofing

Bio: Not really an overhaul, just a couple of adjustments to change the fighting style
    Lifespan: September 2008-Present
    Robots and Vapourbots Defeated: None
    Achievements: None
    Battle Record: 0-0

(Message edited by Swim2win on September 12, 200

The problem with it is the shape, if its like Minion then itll only have traction on two wheels when inverted, at most, and itll be somewhat top heavy.

Also, I fail to see how it can have 1mm clearance with the skirts :P

Liam, no problems on Brutalis that I can see, apart from the 120m diameter ram :P

(Message edited by joeychevron on September 13, 200

If its designed to be invertible, then go for a different shape...only way I can see it being invertible is if it has six wheels a side, with four touching the ground in either orientation, or if you have absolutely massive wheels at the rear with different gear ratios on each one.

If I were to design something along the same lines (in answer to your question), Id have done it like Sunflower (http://www.happyrobots.com/sunflower3.htmlhttp://www.happyrobots.com/sunflower3.html), with the six wheel a side idea.

Register To Comment