Register To Comment
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Robot - Challenge Belt

Given that some people have wished for me to do a minor, and given great enjoyment and pleasure I gained from reading Liams Challenge Belt battles, Im doing my own Challenge Belt battles. So...

EYE OF THE ROBOT - CHALLENGE BELT

The E.O.T.R tornumnent is having a bit of a rest, but due to the recent hypotheticals I€™ve been doing, I€™m doing a minor competition to keep me on task and keep me busy.

Now for the arena:

The Arena

The €˜WreckTaGon€™ is a hexagon shaped arena with three starting squares, coloured gold, green and blue. Originally, it had very little in the way of hazards, and still does, but these are very deadly - we still have the flipping spikes, and we also have the impaling spikes, set in sets of 5 in each corner of the arena, each made of Hardox and designed to cause serious damage. The pit release button for this arena is located on the bottom right side of the arena, with the actual pit being a mere 1meter away from it. Added hazards include the saws mounted into the floor to throw other robots away, and vertical flywheels behind each starting square - they weigh 50kg and spin at 1200rpm, each giving 50kj each. The arena is indestructible, with the floor being made of 50mm Hardox, with 3mm of polished Stainless Steel over the top of that, making the floor impossible to damage and VERY SLIPPERY! The walls are also made of 50mm Hardox, and are 65cm high, giving everyone the ability to flip someone OOTA! The arena (from a birds-eye view) is 5metres down and 7metres wide.

The Entry-Rules

€ I need 13 people to enter 1 robot (It MUST be a vapourbot)
    € Wheeled robots must weigh a maximum 100kg
    € Shuffling robots weigh a maximum of 110kg
    € Walkers weigh a maximum 135kg
    € When you enter, give me your hometown (if outside of the UK, tell me the country as well), and a link for your robot stats, so I can find them!
    € Once all the robots have been entered, I€™ll give the belt first of all to the robot with the most experience in E.O.T.R. I will then pick a random list of challengers. To keep a belt, you must win a total of 3 fights in a row., but you only get 1 chance at it.

The Judging System

Basically, Ive invented my own system - has 6 catogories, in which I mark out of 10. I then times that score in each section by how much the section is worth:

Dominance = ? x 6
    Damage = ? x 5
    Aggression = ? x 4
    Stategy = ? x 3
    Control = ? x 2
    Style = ? x 1

So get entering! Only 13 spaces avaliable.

Ill gladly enter, Paul, with Nidhogg:

HOMETOWN: Pontefract
    WEIGHT: 100kgs
    DIMENSIONS: 100 x 70 x 37 (47 inc weapon) cm
    SHAPE: Kind of like Lightning, only with a narrower front bit.
    COLOUR: Dark green and brownish roughly chevron patterning, fading to blood red towards the front. Weapons are gold coloured with flame red spines on the arm.
    DRIVE: 2 C40-300 Magmotors run at 24v from 3 NiCd packs driving 2 wheels with Vulkalon treads, with a ball caster just behind the forks in the nose. (originally Leeson motors, but nobody had a clue what they were)
    SPEED: 14mph average, 20mph max
    GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at front due to forks, rising to 10mm at rear
    ARMOUR: 4mm Hardox (7mm in key areas) on front, side and rear panels, 3mm aluminium baseplate
    WEAPONS: Hydraulic crushing arm (constructed of hardened steel and aluminium alloy) at front driven from a Vivoil pump at 3000psi, giving 9 tonnes of force at the ram and 4.5 tonnes of force at the tip. Also has Haardvark-style lifting forks at the very front run from an S28-150 Magmotor and a lead screw capable of lifting 200kgs, generally used to hold opponents in place for the crusher to do damage.
    SRIMECH: Via the weapon, which has decorative spines to assist in self righting. Spikes at the rear prevent the robot getting stranded.
    NOTES: Components and armour shock mounted for protection against large scary spinny things. Cutout eyes in side of robot serve as targeting lasers (they dont actually target, they just look really cool)
    STRENGTHS: Can cause a lot of damage
    WEAKNESSES: Relatively slow to self right

Hes got one belt, and he wants another one due to being slightly obsessive about even numbers.

Thisll be like competing in my own tournament!YAY!You write fantastic fights Paul, so Im in!
    One qeustion- what are your policy towards the weight limit of tracks? This will impact my decision, you see.

Awesome!

Heres my entry!
    Ive had it checked in the How can I Improve thread so I know its OK.

Gulp

Weight: 110kg
    Shape: Like a Tank
    Dimensions: 95 x 70 x 50
    Ground Clearance: Effectively 0 all round due to skirts, 6mm behind them.
    Turning Circle: 0
    Power: 4 x S28-400 magmotors running at 24v
    Weaponry: Tazbot-style 360 degree turret with 50cm long hardox lifting arm. The turret is spun by 1 x LEM-130 running at 36v to give it reasonable effect when spun around (approx. 30kj). The arms lift/crush capabilites are powered by another 1 x LEM-130 running at 36v. At the bottom of the arm there are tungsten tipped spikes facing in either direction.
    Locomotion: 2 x steel tank tracks
    Armour: 4mm hardox on all sides, 1mm titanium skirts, 3mm titanium base, 5mm titanium on top.
    Sriemch: The arm can right the bot in any direction due to it being turret mounted.
    Colour: Camouflage
    Hometown: Cardiff

2mm Hardox doesnt exist...

Register To Comment