Register To Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Robot - Series 5

Ah, didnt notice something.

Take out Super Gore Evo and replace him with Killobite 5.0, please.

And Ive decided: as absurdly early as it is, Wedginator will be redesigned. Just you wait. :wink:

Its OK Paul, I just wanted something welsh, but I dont mind. Swap it for Storm II.

I think its about time Team Bored made its presence felt around here.

The 6isc

Shape: Too complicated, apparently. See picture in the vapourbot images thread.

Size: 60X110X60 CM (LWH)

Weight: ~100 KGs

Speed: 10 MPH.

Ground clearance: Under the wheel protectors, it€™s 5 mm.

Weapon: 26 KG spinning disc, powered by one LEM 130 Lynch motor and going at 2500 RPM. The disc is shaped with its own teeth rather than needing teeth surgically attached to it, so dentistry is quite impossible. The energy output is 36 KJ€™s which, while modest by vapour €˜bot standards should still be enough to make a mess of things.

Wheels: 6 wheels, but four wheel drive. This has three wheels on either side arranged in a triangular fashion, so it only runs on four at a time. The wheels are 1 CM solid Ti with soft compound rubber wrapped around them to provide shock resistance, and a layer of Vulcalon wrapped around that to provide traction.

Chassis: The main chassis consists of one solitary 1 CM thick 4 mm box section hardox bar. Slotted over that is a secondary axle, inside which are the batteries. There are also two other triangular chassis€™ supporting the wheels. These are made from 4 MM 1 CM box section Ti bars with weight reducing holes.

Armour: The true axle and chassis is a 4 MM hardox bar. The battery axle is 2 mm aluminium. The semi circular wheel protectors and side spikes are 5 mm Hardox. The disc itself is 14 MM of Hardox 500, and the outer axle is 4 mm grade 5 Ti.

Srimech: Totally invertible. Controls won€™t even have to be reversed after flipping, meaning it can just go straight back on the attack.

Drive: 2 S28-400 Magmotors at 24 volts.

Strengths: The newest version of The 6isc does away with as many weaknesses in The Disc 5 as I could find.

Weaknesses: Weak armour in places. Can€™t use axe attacks.

Tempest Evil-est-oution

Shape: Ring spinner.

Speed: 12 MPH.

Dimensions(dh): 80CM X 25 CM

Armour: The spinning ring is 1.8 CMs of Ti. The base and top are 1.5 CMs of polycarb, giving a total armour weight of around 63 KGs.

GC: 1 CM.

Weapon: Ring spinner powered by two Lem 130s and spinning at 1000 RPM to deliver 83 KJs per hit. The four hardox teeth are 10 CMs long with two being placed near the top and two near the bottom.

Drive: 2 wheeled, driven by S28-400 magmotors.

Srimech: Invertible.

Notes: Has an absolute buttload of shock proofing inside. Everything is firmly bolted down, with layers of rubber between everything. Added to that, the teeth have a backwards curving shape which maximises the distance it will throw itself away from the opponent. The reason is twofold. First is to make ramming and flipping it difficult, but the main reason is to bleed away kinetic energy backlash, by using that backlash to move the robot externally rather than internally.

Strengths: Hits hard and is hard to hit. Not much is getting through the armour.

Weaknesses: Should the spinner fail, it€™s pretty much screwed.

Sakura

Shape: Shaped like a closed cherry blossom, sort of conical.

Speed: 12 MPH

Dimensions(dh): 90X30 - diameter taken from the widest part of the machine, it gets narrower as it goes up.

Colour: Let€™s just say it€™s a shade Bex would approve of

GC: 1 CM

Turning circle: 0

Weapon: Team Bored€™s first true FBS clocks in with a 50 KG FBS shell, spinning at 1500 RPM and powered by two LEM 130s on 36 volts, which should give a nice fast spin up time. There are four hardox teeth, painted and shaped to look like leaves. These are razor sharp to give a nice slice, and they€™re also barbed to catch and rip opponents. I can only estimate the power output due to the shape not being supported by the energy calculator. This clocks in between 90-100 KJs.

Weapon 2: Humiliation. Who wants to admit they just got beat up by a flower?

Armour: 8 mm hardox for the spinning shell, 5 mm Polypropylene for the base.

Drive: 4 wheel drive, powered by two S28-400 Magmotors on 24 volts.

Srimech: There€™s a hole at the very top of the cone, out of which a blunt self righting spike can come up. This is powered by low pressure pneumatics. Due to weight constraints, it can probably only self right about ten times.

Features: Near the top of the cone are holes. These aren€™t just for reducing weight, as each hole leads to a small aluminium box which is full of pink confetti. As the shell spins, this should be strewn out, allowing Sakura to fight in a cloud of cherry blossoms.

The May Tracks Has You

Shape: Like Comengetorix. It has a wedge extender to give it 0 mm at the front.

Speed: 20 MPH.

Dimensions(lwh A): 85CM X 45 CM X 24 CM

Armour: 4.5 MM hardox.

GC: 0 mm at the front, 6 mm everywhere else, covered by skirts made of 3 mm Ti.

Weapon 1: Rear hinged flipper, powered by two pneumatic rams at 500 psi.

Weapon 2: Upward facing spikes on the wedge. A robot can go over them, but if it tries to reverse, say goodbye to your tyres. By wedging a robot then reversing suddenly, TMTHY can impale the tyres, then fire the flipper to do loads of damage. Even a robot with stuffed tyres will be limping after that.

Drive: Inner tracks, powered by Lem-130€™s at 24 volts.

Srimech: The flipper.

Strengths: Weapon synergy. Once The May Tracks Has You, there is no escape.

Weaknesses: Axe/flipper combos could take the tracks out.

ISDSFA

Shape: Similar to Behemoth.

Speed: 15 MPH.

Dimensions(lwh): 70CM X 60 CM X 40 CM

Armour: 3.5 mm hardox, reinforced to 5 mm around the wheels. Scoop is made of 5 mm hardox.

GC: 0 mm at front, 1 CM everywhere else covered with 3 mm ti side skirts.

Weapon 1: Electric scoop, powered by linear actuators. Should be able to lift around 250 KGs.

Weapon 2: Small flywheel, giving around 8 KJs per hit. This is hidden behind the scoop. Once a robot is raised, this is extended to strike the base of the victim, with the aim of attacking wheels.

Drive: 4 wheels, driven by Lem 130s.

Srimech: The scoop, and Behemoth style side arms.

Strengths: Good pushing power and able to attack a robots drive directly.

Weaknesses: Spinner pretty much useless against armour.

Masamune

Stats to follow when theyre done. Shouldnt take long.

Real robots

Firestorm
    Big Nipper

(Message edited by pcbore on May 17, 200

Has the Bore been retired now?

I dont want the Bore to go. :sad:

Ah yes, I had forgotten my home town as well.

I know I live close to Downtown Toronto, but list me town as Etobicoke since Im kinda closer to that.

Danke schun.

(Message edited by kodster on May 17, 200

It looked pretty competitive as it was - probably wouldnt have withstood MDU, but then again very little can...the weapon would probably be good against spinners, you could attach wood or something to it to slow them down like a brake. /uselessadvice

EDIT: Why do I find a place called Etobicoke funny?

(Message edited by joeychevron on May 17, 200

-2>Quote:
    It looked pretty competitive as it was - probably wouldnt have withstood MDU, but then again very little can...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

Have you seen Crash And Burn Series 1, Heat C per chance?

Anyway - HALFWAY THROUGH THE ENTRIES!

List Of Entries

1- Joey McConnell (Pontefract)
    a. Pheonix Down
    b. Gabriel II
    c. Nidhogg
    d. No Objections
    e. Isolation
    f. QE2
    g. Haardvark
    h. Dreadnaut
    2- Liam Elliot (Cardiff, Wales)
    a. Apocalypse
    b. Brutalis 3.0
    c. Werewolf
    d. Beta-Rex
    e. LockJaw
    f. Collateral Damage
    g. Panic Attack
    h. Storm 2
    3- Steven McGregor (Glasgow, Scotland)
    a. Wedge Devolution
    b. Killotine: EVO
    c. Metal Sonic Spin Dash
    d. Whirligig 4.5
    e. E Clawdius Unum
    f. Turbo Tails
    g. Chaos 2
    h. Pussycat
    4- Christopher Mason (Onehouse, Suffolk)
    a. Orka MK.4
    b. Die-Ceratops ReInvertus
    c. Leprosy Infection
    d. Mega Masher 2
    e. Cyclone Force 3
    f. Obliteration
    g. Humdrum
    h. Squirmin Vermin
    5- Kody Kunz (Etobicoke)
    a. Intriguing
    b. Wedginator 6.0
    c. Killobite 5.0
    d. Seung Mina IV
    e. Tira IV
    f. Kracko
    g. Iron Awe 5
    h. Surgeon General
    6- Frank Goacher (Gainsborough)
    a. The 6isc
    b. Tempest Evil-Est-Lution
    c. Sakura
    d. The May Tracks Has You
    e. ISDSFA
    f. Masamune
    g. FireStorm 5
    h. Big Nipper
    7- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    8- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    9- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    10- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    11- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???
    12- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    e. ???
    f. ???
    g. ???
    h. ???

Anyone else wish to enter? Tony? Richard? Mark ? Alex H? Dave? Martijn? AJ?Maybe even Alex McW?

(Message edited by paulc on May 17, 200

Paul, its Phoenix Down.

Just saying it before it gets said in every battle its in and I become nuclear-explosion annoyed. :P

Register To Comment