Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Robot - All Stars

Due to Marks annoying streaks, I came up with a tornument that meant he COULDNT enter, but unforntunately means that people like Liam and Danny and few others cant enter (look at the entry rules). But here it is - the reason why Im opening the sign-ups for this is because the Annihilator is drawing to a close and if I open this up, then I can get sign-ups in quicker. So here is the...

EYE OF THE ROBOT - ALL STARS

The E.O.T.R tornumnent is having a bit of a rest, but due to the recent hypotheticals I€™ve been doing, I€™m doing a minor competition to keep me on task and keep me busy.

Many robots produced have a brilliant streak of winning, but wish is the best of all robots made to be the best by the best FOR the best?

Now for the arena:

The Arena

The €˜WreckTaGon€™ is a hexagon shaped arena with three starting squares, coloured gold, green and blue. Originally, it had very little in the way of hazards, and still does, but these are very deadly - we still have the flipping spikes, and we also have the impaling spikes, set in sets of 5 in each corner of the arena, each made of Hardox and designed to cause serious damage. The pit release button for this arena is located on the bottom right side of the arena, with the actual pit being a mere 1meter away from it. Added hazards include the saws mounted into the floor to throw other robots away, and vertical flywheels behind each starting square - they weigh 50kg and spin at 1200rpm, each giving 50kj each. The arena is indestructible, with the floor being made of 50mm Hardox, with 3mm of polished Stainless Steel over the top of that, making the floor impossible to damage and VERY SLIPPERY! The walls are also made of 50mm Hardox, and are 65cm high, giving everyone the ability to flip someone OOTA! The arena (from a birds-eye view) is 5metres down and 7metres wide.

The line-up is going to be like this

HEATS

8 x 4 way melles, 1 going through

QUARTER-FINALS

4 x 1 ON 1, FOUR ROBOTS GO THROUGH

SEMI-FINALS

2 x 1 ON 1, TWO ROBOTS GO THROUGH

PLAY-OFF

1 x ONE ON ONE

+1>GRAND FINAL

ONE ON ONE

The Entry-Rules

€ I need 8 people to enter 4 robots (They MUST be vapourbots, and each vapour must have AT LEAST 5 wins (Hypotheticals included) under their belts)
    € Wheeled robots must weigh a maximum 100kg
    € Shuffling robots weigh a maximum of 110kg
    € Walkers weigh a maximum 135kg
    € When you enter, give me your hometown (if outside of the UK, tell me the country as well), and a link for your robot stats, so I can find them!

The Judging System

Basically, Ive invented my own system - has 6 catogories, in which I mark out of 10. I then times that score in each section by how much the section is worth:

Dominance = ? x 6
    Damage = ? x 5
    Aggression = ? x 4
    Stategy = ? x 3
    Control = ? x 2
    Style = ? x 1

List Of Entries

1- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    2- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    3- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    4- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    5- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    6- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    7- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???
    8- ???
    a. ???
    b. ???
    c. ???
    d. ???

Get your names down, and become known in the vapourboteering Hall Of Stardom...:yawn:

Ive got three robots that have 5 wins for definite (Fire And Ice/Phoenix Down, Nidhogg, and No Objections if you count the annihilator rounds its been in) and Gabriel II has four wins and possibly more since my maths isnt the best and its been a while since I updated the win/loss records...is that good enough?

Wedginator 6.0 (18 wins)
    Super Gore Evo (7 wins, counting the ones from Robot SMASH just recently)
    Tira III (7 wins)
    Intriguing (7 wins)

You know where to find the stats. :wink:

Thanks, thats me entered then. I think you know where the stats are by now.

Bummer! Ah well, itll be fun to predict anyway!
    Good luck to everyone competing.

quote:

I need to ask about Intriguing - I had a look at its stats and the CAD doesnt look right, as one side looks different to the other - is that intentional or accidental?

What exactly do you mean? :P

It appears to be blobby on one side and just flat on the other...

Register To Comment