Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The IATSFMAAWFYTETLSIMPIASFAIHS League

O..K...Yes - I will give you a chance Mark, but if you make a small mistake, Ill get slightly annoyed, make a BIG one and Ill get furious

I aim to give Knyfe a run in its first competition, and this is the stats to my latest robot.

KNYFE

€ WEIGHT: 100kg.

€ ARMOUR: 6mm Hardox monocoque on the rear, top, front and sides. 4mm Titanium on the base. Inside, I have 4cm of Vulkanised rubber to make sure its good when facing spinners.

€ SHAPE: An invertible box shape, with varing front ends. The sides and rear meet at a fine triangualar point

€ MOTORS: 2 x LEM200€™s at 48V = 50HP

€ LOCOMOTION: 6 Vulkanised Wheels.

€ DIMENSIONS: (L) 80CM (H) 30CM (W) 80CM

€ COLOUR: The body (and each weapon set-up) is silver with golden edges, and name on top with thck gold outlines for each letter

€ WEAPONRY: Knyfe has weaponry that can be changed around to suite the robots it is facing.
    1: A standard concave scoop made from 15mm Hardox, impossible to bend or scratch, and perfect for stopping FBS€™
    2: A pair of Hardox spikes with diamond-sharp tips. These spikes are on a hindge, and will flip over if the robot is flipped over, and because these spikes scrape the floor, it€™s impossible to get under it whilst using them.
    3: Front wedges, mounted in a similar way to those on forklift trucks, reaching out 10cm, and made of 8mm G5 Titanium, and of course getting thinner as it reaches the end of the wedges. The point of these is to ground other robots on them, and make them easier to push without resistance.
    4: A 10mm Titanium static scoop with an extension. This is for getting under other rammers.
    5: A 15mm Hardox wedge hindged at 42* with an extension, perfect for deflecting vertical spinners and getting under other robots.
    6: A 5mm Hardox front plate with rows of spikes on them, making Knyfe into a useful and dangerous rammer, as the spikes are each 0.4cm long, and diamond tipped. And a 100kg robot hitting you at 20mph with diamond-tipped spikes is going to hurt thinish armours.
    7: A front skirt made of 10mm Hardox, impossible to get under or break off, as it€™s held on with 5mm Hardox hindges, and it sort of works as a mini-wedge. I use this for robots with other thick skirts.

€ SPEED: 20mph

€ GROUND CLEARANCE: 0-8mm. The front will always be 0, and the sides and rear are protected by 7mm Titanium skirts on a rotary joint that joint at the hindges.

€ STRENGTH: Powerful drives and interchangeable weaponry.

€ WEAKNESS: Wheels might be targets for axes and crushers.

But remember Mark - DONT MESS UP.

quote:

and will personally say I am sorry to everyone who enters that has gotten mad at me.

Freaking hell, you will only say sorry to those crazy enough to enter?!?! What are you thinking!?

Theres well over 4 people here you should say sorry to, and most (if not all) of them will not be willing to enter this including me.

And even though I understand where the topic name comes from, in itself is looks like nothing more than SPAM when its read between the other topics.

And you promised your tourney days were over Mark... geez...

Ill try out the new version of The Quaestor:

QE2 (Quaestor Evolution 2)
    WEIGHT: 100kgs
    DIMENSIONS: 100 x 60 x 30 cm
    SHAPE: Box with wedge, only the wedge is in two sections making something of a shallow plow shape. The sides and rear are sloped just enough to make it fall over on to its back if stranded on its side, and to deflect spinners somewhat.
    COLOUR: Black front, sides and rear with a large red stripe at the bottom, seperated from the black by a thin white stripe. The top is mostly white, this extends partially on to the sides with the weaponry being coloured black and red. (painted like the Queen Elizabeth II if you didnt get the joke already). Has its name written on both sides in the white section.
    DRIVE: 2 LEM-130 motors run at 36v from 3 NiCad packs, driving 6 inner Vulkalon treaded aluminium wheels but with the front two wheels raised to halve the wheelbase but still give traction when lifting something.
    SPEED: 15mph average, 25mph max
    GROUND CLEARANCE: 10mm all around except the front, which is zero due to the flipper
    ARMOUR: 5mm welded titanium front, sides, and rear, backed with 5mm polycarbonate. Baseplate and top is 6mm T6 aluminium, with the top having the same polycarb backing as the rest of the shell.
    WEAPONS: Pneumatic 80cm long steel axe at the front, driven from a chain-sprocket drive similar to Killerhurtzs mechanism. The axe head is Hardox, weighs 3kgs and is shaped similar to Shunts with a tungsten carbide edge capable of penetrating titanium and even denting thin Hardox at full power.
    Also, there is a front Reactor-style pneumatic flipper, constructed from titanium with a front blade to get under opponents, seperate from the body of the robot so the area underneath isnt vulnerable. This can lift up to 500kgs quite easily, and can give 100kgs a bit of airtime if positioned correctly.
    Both weapons are run from 250psi CO2 stored in two 2kg tanks giving about 20 uses of each weapon in a fight.
    In addition, there is a big spike on the back.
    SRIMECH: The axe
    NOTES: Components and armour shock mounted to protect against...stuff. Has a sailors cap attached near the axe.
    STRENGTHS: Good weaponry, can clamp an opponent between the two rather effectively, good pushing power
    WEAKNESSES: Armour not the strongest

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    Maybe..............
    But when we gave you a chance with VRW2 you screwed it up.........
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just so I can kick Pauls ass
    And get my revenge after Joey sent me to my watery death

War Drum

Shape: Reverse wedge
    Weight: 100kg
    Dimensions: (with drum) 100 x 95 x 35
    Motivation: 2 x go-kart wheels
    Power: 2 x S28-400 magmotors at 24v, 12HP
    Armour: 3.25mm hardox
    Weaponry: 25kg 20 x 95 x 35 hardox spinning drum, powered by 2 x E-Teks at 48v, gives 165Kj hit and spins vertically so as to flip opponents, can be reversed if robot is flipped
    Top Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 8mm at front and sides, effectively 0 at rear due to wedge
    Turning Circle: 0
    Srimech: Invertible
    Colour: Black, red drum with yellow diagonal stripes
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry
    Weaknesses: Exposed to flippers at sides

Dont screw this up Mark.

(Message edited by Robot_Warrior on May 07, 200

(Message edited by Robot_Warrior on May 07, 200

hummmmmmmmmmmm, well i guess im out

(Martyn-themed post)

I count four bots in already Mark

Register To Comment